Premium Tools vs Garage sale Tools

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,489
I pitched this to the team a few months back, but I'm sharing it here also so you guys know I'm still throwing ideas around all the time, even if it's not always in the forum. 

Basically you have premium tools like grenade, Med kit, flares etc that can be purchased with gold or cash or whatever just like you have it now... And then you can introduce Craftsman tools that can be crafted in your Craftsman shop with scavenged parts.

These garage-sale tools should be slightly less effective then their premium counterparts. 

For example Med kit vs herbs:
  Herbs could heal a lesser amount or take a longer cool down. 

Another example grenade vs pipe bomb:
... basically same idea

What this would do is allow people to purchase premium items that will still fuel the game economy but it will also allow the community to start to craft items they can use in any game mode willie nilly.  I caution if you do this either have a new component that can be scavenged or do not require High Rarity components for this (this is the part that I've not had time to work out but I figure better Minds than mine can do it)

Plus giving us something to hunt and scavenge for is definitely needed in this game especially at the end game when we really don't need anything

Probably needs to be something separate from badge components but still Craftsman related Tho if you did just use existing components, higher rarities could just yield larger quantity? Ehh... Lots of possible angles here. My personal preference would be some new resources used as raw materials. 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
KratosGothgulMrLuckyMasterofBulletsShayHa

Comments

• ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 456
    I love this idea.

In the season finale, we saw homemade glass jar explosives used and to great effect against humans. Perhaps a craftable item like this can still do reasonable damage to humans but at walkers.. less than a grenade. It would make me hate freemen a little less being able to soften them up when they run over something like this. The thrown projectile version might do less damage.

Molotovs. Ahhh....

Barbed wire, strung between 2 wall points. Anything crossing it gets some damage and starts bleed. 

Crafting these things and using them at lower default values than their gold counter part tools, well, it would just be fun.
    ATLAS-ZMrLuckyMasterofBullets
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,489
    I would love this because I need something to motivate me to scavenge

Don't need tomatoes

Don't need xp

Don't need components

Need radios, but in huge amounts so no interest in scavenge

Need gold but such pitiful amounts from scavenge not worth it

Give me some new resources that I can use to craft some clever tools? Okay now I'm interested where's my gas booster?

B) 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    MrLuckyMasterofBullets
    And what's great about it as opposed to badges, gear, or even radios is those resources you'll eventually get the best you need so you don't need to get more

Something like a craftable tool is Expendable so you will use them and still need more so you will always want to scavenge

MrLucky
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 560
    @ATLAS-Z
    Hopefully the garage sale tools would have less of a cool down.   ;)
    ATLAS-ZMasterofBullets
    The main draw of this is 2fold

#1) give scavengers something to do

#2) give all players some extra tools without $

MrLucky
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    I liked the idea