Are there still badge crafting events?

I played the game a few years ago but got burned out and stepped away for awhile. I remember back then there were badge crafting events with free crafting and also increased odds for better badges IIRC. 

I have a lot of badge fragments and components ready for crafting, but I'm holding on to them because I'm curious if there are any of these crafting events. I'm in no rush at the moment, but is there any incentive to hold off crafting badges right now? 

Comments

• OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 535
    As far as I know there are no badge crafting events. What’s changed is that you can see the recipes to craft the badge effect you want.
    Starman100
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    I remember 1 or 2 of those events, but nothing in the past year or so. Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, there’s no reason to stockpile.
    Starman100
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 985
    Read up on badge crafting before you start, but don’t hold your breath for a crafting event, since those are gone.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Starman100
  • Starman100Starman100 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 27
    I now noticed we can actually get legendary badges from common and uncommon components, albeit a very small chance. Before, you had to have at least rare components for a small chance for legendary badges. Also, I remember the dreaded case where even with all legendary materials, it was not guaranteed you would get a legendary badge so that was demoralizing. Also, it's kinda nice now we don't have to wait for an optimal time to craft badges and can just craft when we are ready to.

Edit: The recipes are a nice addition too! Any reduction or elimination in RNG is always a plus!
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    There is a pattern crafting follows, and once you establish where you are in the pattern, you can craft badges with a good chance for specific bonuses. Like, lucky, or dodge, instead of Jerry. But you need to do a little research, I can help point you to some resources if you like, well worth it, since badges are so important. 
    Starman100Paste
  • Starman100Starman100 Member Posts: 10
    Gothgul said:
    There is a pattern crafting follows, and once you establish where you are in the pattern, you can craft badges with a good chance for specific bonuses. Like, lucky, or dodge, instead of Jerry. But you need to do a little research, I can help point you to some resources if you like, well worth it, since badges are so important. 
    Sure thing! I'm always looking for more helpful info!
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    If you have discord, there is a ton of info here: 
    https://discord.gg/tzT89cU
    In the badge channel. Check the pinned section, there is a condensed guide there. There is a slight learning curve, but well worth the effort, and tons of helpful people too. 
    Starman100Paste
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 192
    I also miss scrap event for equipment
    IcePeterStarman100
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 88
    Only the same boring events 💤
    Elder : Dead Stalkers