Official Discussion: Guild Wars Map revamp!

Comments

• Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 230
    I don't agree it's the same thing.

If you reward players it just becomes another rule of the game.

Nobody complains they only got 2 stars in a challenge because they had a bruise on a mission or one star after they got into a struggle. They don't even complain when they get a bruise after they spent tons on getting 5 pink heroes.
    Why not? Because those are the rules of the challenge.

If tools had been in the game from day one it's very possible not using tools would have gotten you a 4th star. 

The logic that says "I bought tools so I should be able to use them to get perfect results all the time" is flawed.

As the game has evolved so should the rules, it's as easy as that.

Saying you can't adapt the rules to match that evolution is just silly.
    [Deleted User]PasteMichelWars
  • BaksdirtydozenBaksdirtydozen Member Posts: 43
    Sounds great for the most part especially all team members being able to play when ever they want instead of having to wait unless other sections are open..That will make things alot better.so thanks for that it's great 
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    guys every time you think of the idea to associate the VP with any additional condition, remember the Star Hero on GW
    brucewayne007JayZ
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 123
    Escriba sThis debate about the tools will come to nothing, due to the fact that NG the more you spend the better.
    That's why I made the decision to play without tools as much as possible. Regardless of that, I can finish missions 44-45 without being tempted to use them.
    Unfortunately the younger players did not get to know the games before the PPW, and wanting to win makes them spend too much.u comentario
    marroba2000ElsbethMichelWars
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 968
    Ok, so quick calculation.

You get every week 2 grenades and 2 medkits for free from the TG shop, one tool daily from the daily missions, 6 from Nightmare Distance. Additionally, you can purchase easily 6-8 from the BM shop every day, 6 grenades and medkits from the TG shop / week, double the Distance payoff by boosting, and get some more from the challenge and GW shop. 

So that's about 80 tools per week at a cost of around 3000 gold / week. With guild wars running about half of the time, you could collect up to 160 tools to use per week of play, or 80 per battle, about 4.5 per mission. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    MichelWars
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    Some players playing without gold
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 246
    I was looking the Jubjab’s Calculator. My guild fits in the yellow islands (hard), between lvl 39 and 43. But with this map, we just can do 140 attacks with 180 swords to go. So, in order to complete our attacks we need to play with lower islands. 1D is alive!!!!
  • tbdbitltbdbitl Member Posts: 38
    I was looking the Jubjab’s Calculator. My guild fits in the yellow islands (hard), between lvl 39 and 43. But with this map, we just can do 140 attacks with 180 swords to go. So, in order to complete our attacks we need to play with lower islands. 1D is alive!!!!
    A lot of assumptions were made in that calculator based on map. 
    I wonder when we’ll see the actual points per mission and bonus points for sectors.

just an example based on points shown on example map.
    if you have 2 beginners that are in the Bonus / Island 1 ability, it will be more beneficial for them to use 32 attacks on clearing all 4 Bonus areas rather than Island 1. 
    Island 1: total GW points 1060
    Bonus areas: total GW points 1160

4 extra attacks

Elsbeth
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 553
    @mimica

how come you don’t want the star hero mate? 
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    I still think the best way to even things up is to only allow a selection of say 4 tools in prep mission screen and that's your lot. 
    ShadowWalker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    God damn @ATLAS-Z yet another great idea! They are going to need to sort them like that soon anyway as the list is going to get pretty long as they keep releasing new ones! 
    ATLAS-Z
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 66
    I have made a table based on the map and found less complex.  There is only one island for each difficulty level from 0 - 19.  So, we will pick, say +10, island 9ABC and complete it.  There is no other choice.  At last, even match will be happened more frequently.
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 79
    @ATLAS-Z, great idea atlas,
    i m totally in for the homebrew tools idea, ng give us the ability to find homebrew tool components in post mission crates and upgrade the crafstman building sothat it brews the homebrew tools sothat we could use em in missions without any limiting amounts, altho their stats be less effective tho, than the regular tools,  and  have a caping at the regular tools usage..
    hope ng recognizes this homebrew tools idea! 
    ATLAS-Z
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,000
    edited March 12
    I really like this idea, just something to tone it down is something I'm hoping for rather than completely cripple their use. Blast/Regular grenades as offensive, flare as support and medkit/gore as defensive. It wouldn't change an awful lot right now but will when we inevitably get molotov cocktails, trip mines, bear traps and god knows what else :lol:
    m4s
  • tbdbitltbdbitl Member Posts: 38
    After breaking down the map, I give a big gee thanks for nothing. While you don’t have to wait for areas to be open, in the case of our guild the number of attacks available for our abilities has been drastically reduced. 

We usually have 5-7 players a battle with a good number in the +2 starting level and +4 level. Attacks in the +2 range have been reduced from 58 to 38 and in the +4 (where we have larger numbers) from 70 attacks down to 30. Either my players have to push and potentially fail or accept the fact that they will get less rewards now!

Elsbeth
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,161
    edited March 12
    WellyLuga said:
    ... when we inevitably get molotov cocktails, trip mines, bear traps and god knows what else :lol:

@WellyLuga #whatelse

Come and get it boys

:D 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    bonus maps in GW dont seem to live up to its name. they are seldom played because the bonus and rewards are not good enough

to encourage more guilds to play them, instead of class related bonuses, is it possible to give bonuses like a small % increase in total damage, total critical damage, total health, total damage reduction, total stun resistance etc

e.g. if the guild manage to win a bonus map which gives +10% total damage reduction, all heroes' damage reduction will now be increased by 10%. heroes with max 80% will now have 90%

sacrificing 8 swords and low rewards for such a valuable stat increase, is something the guild may want to discuss.

just a suggestion to make bonus maps more enticing

@Fluxxx
    Elsbeth
    ATLAS-Z said:
    WellyLuga said:
    ... when we inevitably get molotov cocktails, trip mines, bear traps and god knows what else :lol:

@WellyLuga #whatelse

Come and get it boys

:D 
    You would never see a tool related complaint out of me if they added the monkey bomb. After that? The Gersh device :sunglasses:

ATLAS-Z
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 246
    tbdbitl said:
    After breaking down the map, I give a big gee thanks for nothing. While you don’t have to wait for areas to be open, in the case of our guild the number of attacks available for our abilities has been drastically reduced. 

We usually have 5-7 players a battle with a good number in the +2 starting level and +4 level. Attacks in the +2 range have been reduced from 58 to 38 and in the +4 (where we have larger numbers) from 70 attacks down to 30. Either my players have to push and potentially fail or accept the fact that they will get less rewards now!

I wrote about this before: "I was looking the Jubjab’s Calculator. My guild fits in the yellow islands (hard), between lvl 39 and 43. But with this map, we just can do 140 attacks with 180 swords to go. So, in order to complete our attacks we need to play with lower islands. 1D is alive!!!!"

and you answered with a doubt about the real value of VP in the calculator.

Now, you see the light. Aleluya!!!
    tbdbitl
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    Thanks NG for giving us a long notice on how much RP each sector will give /s
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Burmeliinis[Deleted User]FuriousMoldovanGovernator
  • ElsbethElsbeth Member Posts: 88
    The number of attacks is always an issue. Not enough to finish a sector, or complete a path. Didn’t we have 25 at one time?  More was better.  Now, with so many Islands we will feel incompetent not completing more. Wish TWD would consider.  
    FuriousMoldovanPasteKarajocaArqueue[Deleted User][Deleted User]ATLAS-Zborneokid
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    Elsbeth said:
    The number of attacks is always an issue. Not enough to finish a sector, or complete a path. Didn’t we have 25 at one time?  More was better.  Now, with so many Islands we will feel incompetent not completing more. Wish TWD would consider.  
    Agree 100%. I think it was 21, reduced to 18 or something like that.

More is better! Unless it's headache :)
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    Elsbeth
    edited March 15
    Paste said:
    Thanks NG for giving us a long notice on how much RP each sector will give /s
    Asked to provide details on new VPs and so on - don't think gonna happen, even though they already have all the data.
    Just an export to excel with a simple query... I guess it's too much to ask.
    We Are TWD 😎
  • Elsbeth said:
    hell no, if you play on 12th and 18th Islands you have 18 missions in +17-19 zombie lvl this is hell for toolbag, goldheal and stress, hell no to 25 attack 
    PasteATLAS-ZborneokidElsbeth
    @Crocodile
    You're right, I haven't thought about it this way. I usually stop at 5H or 6G max, don't use tools that much.
    But yeah, increase in attacks would suck for top guilds.
    We Are TWD 😎
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 16
    More attacks is always a tricky debate because you have such a wide range in the player base. At the bottom you have players who probably aren't capable of pushing too far beyond their limits so breeze through 18 maps in no time and want more. At the other end of the scale the players playing the absolute toughest maps cost a lot of resources and if trying to keep healing costs low, often takes all day to get through their 18 maps. Adding more attacks would be good for some, but really affect others in a negative way. 

I think the amount we have now is fine as it as. 
    borneokidElsbeth