New Challenge = Beta Distance 2.0???

So it's already been a bit more than a month since the new update came out and challenge changed . 
I haven't seen any post about it and i really want to know what people think about and how it is possible for anyone to like the new setup.
Personally , i find the new setup a huge failure and dissapointment.
1. How is it possible an rpg game prevents you from playing? IMO , that must be the first time i saw a game telling you , you cant play anymore.
We see people finish the challenge  in one day more than once .
And not just one player doing so.  So you get to have nothing to play .
2. Competition. How does that help competition and people try to get to top and  play hard and waste their money exactly ? Unless this game was made by an non-profit organization it raises the question a friend of mine makes "why you treat your customers like that?".
Best case scenario if you have a perfect run , is to finish with a tie . Who waste money for having a tie exactly? 
All games , all competitions etc , have a description that says "target of game is to finish first,have the more points , have the more money etc etc" from monopoly game to champions league. i never encountered a game that says "target is to play perfect to get a tie and thank you for participation". At least not since i was 6 six years old .
Furthermore , the way system goes , does not give an advantage to the players playing every week to the end , but actually punish tottaly the ones that doesn't. 
So if for example one week i am busy and i don't take all the rp's , the week follows i am directly banned from : a. Be on top of leaderboards , b. get the gifts that i could take if i had all rp. So why bother for three star?
Previous system ,would give a headstart to the players that went higher , but stil you would have a chanse to go high .  Therefore a motive .
My personal experience says that i made #4 to global while i had my eugene LT at 6 , just cause i found a solution to a hard mission. Whats the probability this happens with new system ? 
Also , it would punish players overdoing it with many rp , not letting them actually compete at the next challenge , still though, that would be their own choise .
I see now people finish challenge with a perfect game , and they don't get all gifts possible and also not top of leaderboards.
So atm , game starts at round 62 , cause lets face it , there are plenty f2p that can reach round 62 easily, and then what ? 18 mission , which half of them are easyer than first  nightmare in previous version , and some missions at the end that can only be passed 3star with tools.
IMO its more like a distance , and we already have that .why make second one? 
In conclusion, i would propose two things to get game back on beiing intresting .
A. Make the challenge with no ending BUT instead of a repeating nightmare 2 mode , just have the difficulty scaling more and more untill it has a natural stop. Some will finish at round 75, some at round 125. Take this annoying stop away.
B.nerf the tools a bit. Having usage of tools resulting end of players turn would be more than enough . It won't affect levels up to round 65-70 , where half of move can be spared without a big problem , but it will raise huge the difficulty to end gamers , since moving two squares or an extra hit to charge can be the whole key to finish the mission in nightmare mode .
Even more , less effective tools and high chanse of loosing while using them , will boost tool sales even more .
Also would be a nice idea adding an extra star for missions which would be lost from tool usage , or replace the star you loose for getting bruised.
Sorry for the long post , blame ng for giving me so much free time having nothing to do ingame :-) 
ChrispBloodyChainsawMarie__GagaRickMSABurmeliinisATLAS-ZmireuchidTux77TCBRITOkookaburraDrhooChrisScorpioRiotZappaDragonLove[Deleted User]

Comments

• BloodyChainsawBloodyChainsaw Member Posts: 340
    Everyone loves ties!!! Right? 😕😒😞
    AnjeloskookaburraChrisScorpioDragonLove
  • GallifreyGallifrey Member Posts: 10
    totally agree 
    BloodyChainsawAnjeloskookaburraDragonLove
  • Marie__GagaMarie__Gaga Member Posts: 140
    If NG was looking for a cute golden coffin nail to the game mode challenge, they found it!! Congratulations!!

5.5 years of a great game ending with a giant and insurmountable wall, with large spikes on it. Players can choose to get the spikes in the face or in the ass.

Yay! Creative, NG! 
    ---
    --- Hell Family ---
    kookaburraChrisScorpio
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 31
    Lol @xbamfx would be so nice to first read actually and then reply . Nobody sayed repeating the same round was nice . On the contrary , ideas suggested to change that too.
    Also , if you need 40 hours to finish that challenge and distance thingy , you should better quit and go get some sunlight yourself :') 
    I see so many people finish in one-two days and get bored . It seems we play a different game. And since when someone has free time and wants to play must be punished ? 
    If you want to make it unselfish , remove the leaderboard thingy and make it like distance .cause imo , ranking stands for competition , everywhere around the world :-)
    And I don't see how another player plays hardcore can actually affect you. 
    If someone CAN and actually want to go 10k+ , what difference does it make to you that you wanna be relax? Hitting ego , or just jealoushy? 
    Would like to answer to you more serious , but it looks you just troll .

BloodyChainsawxbamfxTCBRITO
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,434
    I really wish you would make up your minds what you guys want? Last time you played 125x rounds got a billion Round Passes and then you were bitching about how far along you started because you had too many RPs. Which is it? Same occurrence with stacking, what will it be next week? 
    @Anjelos bud I’m not jealous of anyone in this game lmfao it’s a mobile game, if anything I laugh at you, did you see the smiley face? You literally begging NG to bring back the cash way for slot machine 😂😂😂😂😂 👏 you can’t make this up even if it was a movie. NG created the most cash friendly version and youre whining against it? Yeah makes sense. Negan is definitely amused........
    Yes @karajoca i get you point for endless challenges
    But isn't the same challenges that will now end to a draw? 
    Once again, I don't propose to go back the way it was. Just have a natural stop by raising difficulty more and more.nerf tools a bit etc. 
    Repeating to get a tie is annoying . I see that every week. And i dont talk only for top places. 
    Repeating the same difficulty over and over is also boring . 
    At the same logic , where was "endless challenge" in the week with rat race mission for example? There must be a middle ground , and it seems , we jumped from one side to other tottaly.
    As about this setup will bring more profit since more people will try finish , i have huge doubts.for the time beiing i see they put offer for 10k gold third time in a month , where it used to be once per month .most probably there is a whole in income that must be covered to my eyes.
    Also lets see how many people will be trying to get to 80 after one month , where this thing won't be a "new" thing anymore.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,960
    edited March 15
    I'm a big fan of the new system. Previously, nightmare mode mostly consisting of repeating over and over until you got an all armoured spawn. No skill, just gold and money, As soon as it got to this stage I found it really hard to carry on as it the balanced just went in favour of luck/repeats rather than skill. Why would I care about not dropping stars when the challenge was endless? Why bother spending gold/tooks to pass a tough map out when it would only come up again shortly after. What was the point really trying when there was a handful of players throwing fistfuls of cash at the game to get 10k+. Top spot was virtually impossible as one guild could just buy their way to the top. They removed all the slot machine bullshit and the spawns are fixed, if you can figure a way to beat the map you are rewarded. 

I agree that there could be some improvements and things would be hugely different if tools weren't in the game, it would be nice to see a reward for playing tool free. Perhaps this would only come into play in nightmare mode. I think the whole aspect of ties will be less noticeable going forward. The last 2 challenges were crazy challenges where 3* was possible the whole way through. I certainly wouldn't want to revert to the way it was with endless bullshit.

Notice how the global leaderboard is different when the game becomes more about skill and less about money? Magic!
    Shezza10TCBRITOADPaq
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 934
    For me personally the new challenge format has seen me improve a lot in score. Earlier I stopped pretty early, as the pretty much only reward for pushing on was to get your name on the leaderboard - which I couldn't care less about. Now, when there is a end in sight and very good rewards on the way, I have a totally different interest in pushing on. I'm sure a lot of other players are have experienced the same. 

But it's clear that it is perhaps too easy to get to the end. I guess the easiest fix is to increase lvl (why end at 50, let it go on to 60) and perhaps add even more special walkers at the nightmare levels. Especially metalheads, spikeys and fast walkers, as that would perhaps require a change of strategy. Changing a regular walker to an armored walker does not really change the difficulty one bit, but putting in a metalhead might mean you can't get that harpoon charged every round.

Best of all would of course be if more new challenge sets would be introduced more often. Now that everyone knows every map in their sleep and there's dozens of videos on Youtube on how to pass even the hardest levels it's not at all so much about finding a strategy that works but more about being good enough to not screw up when the spawn is in your favour. Now you can be a good player and get to the top 20 by spending a couple of thousand gold, or be a great player and get to the top 20 with a couple of hundred gold.

But overall I am very happy with the change. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    xbamfxShadowWalkerbrucewayne007[Deleted User]
    @xbamfx i already have a distance mode , noneed for second . Whoever wants to spend money or/and time can be free to do that.
    Seriously funny btw , a guy that is all time online and comments every single post in forum says "it is just a game , I don't really care " . Really entertaining that from you 😜 imo , there are some hundred other people that could say that , but by fast reading some posts , i would have never imagine you would be one.of them lmfao.
    Yes , there are some people having a different opinion from you , you can ignore it instead of beiing provocative , or just try to make a productive discussion like @karajoca
    Unless you just like to draw attention trolling :-)
    Hope you have a good day 
    Arqueue
    Lol I just signed in for the first time in a while just because an old friend told me about the post. Like i said earlier friend, this new way is so much better for the whole community. What makes me laugh at you and those that are close to you and commenting is that months ago you cried about the round passes, and then the stacking, and NOW the end point..... so what I’m realizing and it doesn’t take a microscope is, when the odds don’t favor you or your team you complain relentlessly. There is no need to hide the motive to the post, it isn’t about the comp etc etc, it’s about the fact your guild tanks aren’t running up the board with 8-10k scores with endless time and wallets with the broken challenge mode anymore, SIMPLE AS THAT! 

So stop being selfish and only concern with your member and think about all members of the NML community. The new challenge has players improving and really striving to reach the end, they are getting the new weapons and getting enough gold to try and complete it. THAT IS A GOOD THING FOR NML!!! Regardless of whether it’s good for me or you. 
    @WellyLuga I don't see any change to the leaderboard. I see bloodychainsawa and stelio and from time to time some others will tie also . 
    How is that different from before? Oo 
    Oh they didn't tie :-) and some times someone was finding a chanse to pass them . Now this will never happen again . 
    How is different spend loads of gold to keep going , other than spendind money and tools just to three star 18missions ?
    Talking about skills 🤣
    yes , since flares cannot get you to pass 50 nightmare missions (cause lets face it , you dont get to have so many flares every week)  , so you cant go 10k in every challenge , its pretty hard to be in top 10 only by using tools . How about now ? How skillfull you must be to three star everything or almost everything every weak if you spend money in tools bandle and bm ? And doubling the distance for more tools ? Aren't the skillfull players using tools at the last 10 out of 18 missions ?
    Its cheaper , but seriously , it needs much less skill than before to be on top.only 18missions.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,070
    @Anjelos bro I read every single post after your OP but only scanned the OP... it's a lot. And most will only scan through or read the first few lines also.

To those I will Answer 

I also like the new challenge format.

I suppose beefing up nightmare on a few of these easier challenges could help address the ties, but even then you'll still have some. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Rising / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

xbamfx
  • adorabledosadorabledos Member Posts: 21
    Really guys, why are you throwing stones. To say there is no skill and it's only money to reach 10K is just crazy. So your saying Hell payed for all their #1 rankings. Thats just so wrong. Anjelos is just speaking his opinion he has every right. No need for these personal ugly attacks. I personally rarely reach level 80 due to my work schedule but I do agree that this new system needs changes. 
    ChrisScorpio
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,960
    Anjelos said:
    @WellyLuga I don't see any change to the leaderboard. I see bloodychainsawa and stelio and from time to time some others will tie also . 
    How is that different from before? Oo 
    Oh they didn't tie :-) and some times someone was finding a chanse to pass them . Now this will never happen again . 
    How is different spend loads of gold to keep going , other than spendind money and tools just to three star 18missions ?
    Talking about skills 🤣
    yes , since flares cannot get you to pass 50 nightmare missions (cause lets face it , you dont get to have so many flares every week)  , so you cant go 10k in every challenge , its pretty hard to be in top 10 only by using tools . How about now ? How skillfull you must be to three star everything or almost everything every weak if you spend money in tools bandle and bm ? And doubling the distance for more tools ? Aren't the skillfull players using tools at the last 10 out of 18 missions ?
    Its cheaper , but seriously , it needs much less skill than before to be on top.only 18missions.
    Not that leaderboard, my friend. I could not care less about the individual leaderboard, I don't care about my own accomplishments. Wild Walking topped the leaderboard for 2 weeks running in this new setup where it's no longer endless, it would have been 3 in a row if the girls of NML hadn't flexed their muscles and smashed it this week :wink:. Previously it was impossible for anything like that to happen because 2-3 players could play on forever and score more than 3-4 players combined.

I said more about skill and less about money, because it is and no one can argue otherwise. There is only so much money can now get you in the challenge. You can't keep retrying until you get the golden all armoured spawn. The tanks/spikes will be there no matter what, you can't hide with your gold. You can't keep spending and spending until you get to 10k* anymore. The whole tools side of things is a different debate though as they do take away the skill side of the game and I've been quite vocal on this for quite some time. Take paradise lost for instance, I imagine even on the highest level it was incredibly easy last week with a flare, Sasha fire and 2 Daryl rifles.

I bet the top 0.1% are spending less but the few hundred players below them are spending more.
    ADPaq
    @xbamfx i am happy you finally showed what your motivation of trolling was - people you don't like around me most probably :-) smart to make it in a nml-savior knight thingy atm . Better lagh at yourself , it is kind of pathetic.
    I couldn't care less about it sorry .
     I don't like - like many others i guess - to end the challenge in one day and can't play anymore . 
    Also , again , even if it was so , in every game , the team invest more, usually wins .
    Barcelona and bayern munchen more probable to win champions leugue than porto or olympiakos.
    Still they have a chanse , and surely that doesn't prevent them from playing nice football and try.
    Still once again , nobody sayed bring the broken challenge back . Hope at a point you understand what i say , but to do so , you will need to take off your hate glasses. Really hard thing to do i guess.
    xbamfx
    I love the new challenge. I already saved enough money from not having to purchase gold and tools to be #1 on the leaderboard to go out and buy a Vette!
    Lmao you are my hero 😂 hey I thought you don’t play NML no more and went on to bubble bobble? I can’t remember the name bro my bad lol 
    NerfZone187
    Anjelos said:
    @xbamfx i am happy you finally showed what your motivation of trolling was - people you don't like around me most probably :-) smart to make it in a nml-savior knight thingy atm . Better lagh at yourself , it is kind of pathetic.
    I couldn't care less about it sorry .
     I don't like - like many others i guess - to end the challenge in one day and can't play anymore . 
    Also , again , even if it was so , in every game , the team invest more, usually wins .
    Barcelona and bayern munchen more probable to win champions leugue than porto or olympiakos.
    Still they have a chanse , and surely that doesn't prevent them from playing nice football and try.
    Still once again , nobody sayed bring the broken challenge back . Hope at a point you understand what i say , but to do so , you will need to take off your hate glasses. Really hard thing to do i guess.
    Bro I don’t really care how you guys play or how many times you come in first, it just gets old and tired seeing you guys bitch and moan so much all the damn time! Even in slack chat you guys complaining about what challenge it is and what survivor buff, give it a damn rest already and just play the game, shit. Like a bunch of kids at the supermarket ballin when mommy won’t buy you the candy bar. 
    Firekid said:
    I can see both sides of the argument but got to say I think the challenge is too short for the top 10%. If you think that most people in the top 50 can get to round 62 without dropping a star on most weeks with a decent class bonus, that only leaves 18 rounds which are harder and the first 8 of them aren’t particularly difficult changes to overcome. I would consider increasing the difficulty in the following way add 5 more rounds at then current round 80 difficulty so you have to play every map in the set at that difficulty then for 6 rounds at an even harder difficulty maybe fast walkers introduced of spikes in the starting spawn. Lastly 6 rounds with even more special walkers in both starting spawn and incoming. These last 6 rounds should have no normal walkers. That should take you to round 92 make the end reward something massive. Keep the reward up to current end the same then improve them going forward.
    Some good ideas here^ that’s cool but lifting an end point is just dumb 
    @WellyLuga i never complaint about difficulty rising and for the slot machine spawn of armored instead of tanks. On the contrary , i like spawns ae nor random anymore,i suggest they make it even harder till it has a natural stop .
    Personally i find it super intresting to try solve hard maps , thats what made me like the. game .
    With less than 18 mission to play its becoming boring , cause-like it or not- not very skillful players can finish it just with tools which i found it boring .
    Game should have a natural end  AND CERTAINLY NOT the same 80 number for all challenges , how is fair less skilled players than stelio and bloody finish just 100-200 stars behind? 
    My thinking can never be , lets nerf capabilities of a person/team to pass him , my thinking will always be how to become better to pass someone.
    (Also for the record, 
     i see only 0.00000001 % passed some times the 10k , cause tools not enough to do so , and still yes , i thought it needs a fix)

@xbamfx for a guy that doesn't care you seem to know hell lot about my guild.more than me for sure .
    Secret fun or something ?🤔
    Sorry , "bro" , i will not ask your approvement to state my opinion , that was forum is for i guess. 
    Then again its funny to read your posts ,  cause unlike any other , its driven by commenting on and on about my guild-for which you don't care 😂😂😂😂talking about childs - seriously entertaining :') 

xbamfx
This discussion has been closed.