Official Discussion: Guild Wars Map revamp!

13»

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,426
    edited March 16
    No more maps that take 8 attacks to clear other than the Bonus Maps?

Edit: Oh, the Locked maps need 8 attacks. 
    Paste
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 222
    edited March 16
    i dont get it. forest1 (0-2) has the same bonus RP as sanctuary13 (2-4). looks like NG doesnt want players to get a lot of RPs even though the difficulty is ramp up by 2

<edited>
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 798
    Arqueue said:
    i dont get it. forest 0-2 has the same bonus RP as sanctuary 2-4. looks like NG doesnt want players to get a lot of RPs even though the difficulty is ramp up by 2
    Yeah, the rounding in particular doesn't make sense. Sanctuary is harder, so at least those sectors should give 5 RP more imo. Not that I care too much. The RP difference between low and high sectors are too small to even bother trying to maximize the rewards. I'll just play way less Sanctuary now.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    ArqueueShezza10
  • @Fluxxx can you add filter on GW map? to see only choosen islands 
    TCBRITOFuriousMoldovanKarajocamarroba2000
    Fluxxx said:
    Thanks for the good feedback! We did have this concern when designing the map, so we're looking into some ways of improving navigation/orientation on this bigger map. It's hard for me to guarantee anything now, but hopefully we'll have something in the next update!
    Great! 

If you could add a filter that hides/shows maps, that would be awesome. For example, hide all maps starting at Difficulty 42 and higher. Or hide all maps starting at Difficulty 38 and lower. 

Something like that would reduce the map clutter a lot. 
    WellyLugaPhalanx44
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 282
    Yes!! Selecting/Filtering your comfort range lets everyone in a mixed guild find exactly where they are able to hunt, and makes coordination easier.
    Governator
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 354
    edited March 16
    @Fluxxx winner takes x 1,5 points?

Where is changelog Guilds Wars?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,964
    I like it how it is, you know what type of map your going into, forest, junkyard or sanctuary. People will learn where the difficulties they can play are, only bit that I think looks a bit messy is 10-11-12 seems to be in the wrong order and feel 10 and 11 should be flipped. 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,039
    You'll find me popping up on the graveyard for departed players thread if this happens :lol:
    FuriousMoldovanGovernatorDanski_46
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,368
    New GW map has:
    1. horizontal sort of map type (forest, Junkyard, sanctuary) - left to right.
    2. vertical sort (kinda) of map difficulty - top to bottom.
    It's a bit confusing, lots of jumping back and forth.

@Fluxxx
    How about both map type and difficulty having horizontal sort?
    Instead of current GW map with 3 columns (forest, Junkyard, Sanctuary), to have a map with 3 rows. Higher UI height instead of current higher UI width.
    That way we can have all difficulties on all map types. And it's easier for eyes because same difficulty forest, Junkyard, sanctuary are in the same column.
    Hope it makes sense, I can't draw :)
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 247
    Well. I use the @Burmeliinis (aka Jubjab) calculator, and He is a genius, painted the islands with 8 different colours and assigned one colour to each difficut level. So, If you want to do Hard islands, look all the islands with this colour. 
    NG solution is maybe for the next update. This calculator is available right now,
    ATLAS-Z said:
    I think the layout needs to be redone. It should be like the previous GW layout. Easier maps on the left and moving up to harder maps to the right. There’s too much hunting and pecking around the entire map. 

@Fluxxx I disagree for one reason.

I like that there are some difficult forest and junkyard sectors

If all the hard missions we're stuffed back into the bottom right then it's all Sanctuary all day all over again which sucks

That being said some kind of better organization would be welcome

Great points!  How about using three rows (also suggested above).  Put Forest along the top row, Junkyard in the middle row, and Sanctuary on the bottom row with increasing levels of difficulty from left to right? That way, there's still variety of the map types for people to explore.
    3vilrine[Deleted User]ATLAS-Z
    Karajoca said:
    I think i read it somewhere (or just a hopeful imagination) that you will try to add option to Leader to remove/add players to specific days in signup page.

This filter that @Crocodile mentioned would be also great if Leader is the one who select viewable islands for whole team. That way i can hide all low islands and force @aquila and @WellyLuga to always do Island 20! Please make it happen  o:)

Here's the post from @Fluxxx... https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/434644/#Comment_434644

Hoping that update happens.
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 160
    Kratos said:
    How about bumping up the RP for human maps a little.  I have encountered a few that our opponent put some thought into their defenders to make it tough.  Anti-stun, fire, etc. and almost took me out a couple of times.  Couple that with long range movement & able to fire from a distance means they can do pretty good damage.  I take more damage/healing time from those than the equivalent walker map worth 20 RP
    I think this is a great idea and should be its own thread
    FuriousMoldovan
    edited March 19
    New GW map has:
    1. horizontal sort of map type (forest, Junkyard, sanctuary) - left to right.
    2. vertical sort (kinda) of map difficulty - top to bottom.
    It's a bit confusing, lots of jumping back and forth.

@Fluxxx
    How about both map type and difficulty having horizontal sort?
    Instead of current GW map with 3 columns (forest, Junkyard, Sanctuary), to have a map with 3 rows. Higher UI height instead of current higher UI width.
    That way we can have all difficulties on all map types. And it's easier for eyes because same difficulty forest, Junkyard, sanctuary are in the same column.
    Hope it makes sense, I can't draw :)

@Fluxxx Visual of my proposal:

We Are TWD 😎
    ShadowWalkerNatsuDarkmarroba2000Governator
    1. Zoom view is not persistent either. If you zoom map, click on sector, then back - it zooms out to full view.
    2. Two-finger zoom in-out opens random sector instead of zooming.

Please fix those.
    We Are TWD 😎
    [Deleted User]SPC_TORRESm4sghost_pepper
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 222
    hi @Fluxxx , if NG intends to modify the GW map in terms of sector placing, here is my suggestion:

elongated view with level difficulty and grid:

elongated view without level difficulty and grid:

for your reference
    [Deleted User]Danski_46
  • RissaRissa Member Posts: 47
    The new map is BS. It is set up for pay for play players. Fix it or see seasoned elders such as myself leave. A cute women eveni doesn't cut it.
    PasteATLAS-Z[Deleted User]JayZ
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,298
    edited March 26
    The new map is amazing, a bit jumbled at the onset but we are getting it down now. 

And we'll lose to the bigger guilds is what it is, NGs gotta bring home that bacon

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    JayZ
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 247
    I’m in the 2’ guild of a family. With the current map, we are close to the 1’ guild, because they have 10 players capable to reach lvl 44 and we have 4. But 4 was enough. One guy doing 4d with lvl 39 max is similar to one thougher. 
    But with the new map 10 lvl 44 are millions miles ahead of us. So, we do humans or we play against minor guilds. It’s like African expeditions. We carry the bags of European explorers. 😳
    As I said, we are a weak guild with this map. In the 4’ week, we lost the 4 battles we fought. 
    El Origen 2 is no longer a menace for guilds that can do islands 11 or 17. 
    [Deleted User]
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 57
    Tools? What the heck are those. Hardly ever use them except those MedicKits. Eat them up like M&M’s! LOL