Best weapons of each class

As I close in on level 28, I want to finalise my weapon choice. I want a good 'end-game' loadout, and want to be sure I'm using weapons that are effective (and ideally fun!), and aren't wielding inferior options. Here's my thoughts on some weapons I have and love using, and some I'd like to know more about if anyone can help with that:
Shooters - Winter bow. I just find the chance of an extra charge, silence and threat-reduction to have more utility than, say, The Assasin Bow. I'd love to know if there's anything veterans may recommend, and am really intrigued by Rick's Alexandria Pistol, and The Winter Flare Gun. Anyone have any thoughts on them?
Warrior - Chainsaw. To be fair, is there anything else that really works as well? Is the extra range afforded by, say, The Dragon's Tongue (Which looks to be the only other really effective weapon for the class) even better?
Bruisers - Winter Hockey Stick. A very weird and funky weapon! Seems like being able to hit multiple enemies at a time will always be useful...but is there a better weapon out there? Festive Lucile sounds like a thing of beauty, or is there an even better, bonafide-best for Bruisers?
Scouts - Standard butterfly knife (Epic, threat reduction, razor, swift-strike). I've not used any unique weapon for my scouts, having carried this thing around since about lvl 15! I don't tend to use more than one scout at a time. The Bayonet-Musket looks like a thing of beauty! And I can imagine the extra range afforded by the (really boring looking) Kingdom Spear is of value. Or would getting my Crescent Edge up to par be worth doing?
Assault - Darylls Assault rifle for the crippling (Sounds like it'd really work well with Princess) and silence, Decimator for the blast pattern! Is there anything else worth considering? Is this one of those times when something like Eugene's Pickle Jar is actually The GOAT assault weapon, or are the two above the best of the bunch?
Hunters - Shane's Buckshot is my current weapon of choice, though The Festive Shotgun just looks like it could do so much damage (And again, flamey-attack could provide fun opportunities for Princess's LT to kick in) Harpoon gun seems like it could also be very useful...what's your favourite Hunter weapon?
   Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the advice and thoughts.
hunter_x

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 974
    Scotticus said:
    As I close in on level 28, I want to finalise my weapon choice. I want a good 'end-game' loadout, and want to be sure I'm using weapons that are effective (and ideally fun!), and aren't wielding inferior options. Here's my thoughts on some weapons I have and love using, and some I'd like to know more about if anyone can help with that:
    Shooters - Winter bow. I just find the chance of an extra charge, silence and threat-reduction to have more utility than, say, The Assasin Bow. I'd love to know if there's anything veterans may recommend, and am really intrigued by Rick's Alexandria Pistol, and The Winter Flare Gun. Anyone have any thoughts on them?
    Winter bow is a good all-round weapon. The new crippling pistol (Rick's Alexandria Pistol) from the guild wars shop is a must have, as well as a flare gun. The infused flare gun with 1 extra range is the best shooter weapon for guild war human enemies with its huge range. Note that the winter bow does not have threat reduction (but it is silent).

Warrior - Chainsaw. To be fair, is there anything else that really works as well? Is the extra range afforded by, say, The Dragon's Tongue (Which looks to be the only other really effective weapon for the class) even better?
    Chainsaw is niche with it's short range and lack of tactical. Dragon's Tongue is the allrounder choice, but the best weapon by far is the Morning Star with it's guaranteed push/stun functionality.
    Bruisers - Winter Hockey Stick. A very weird and funky weapon! Seems like being able to hit multiple enemies at a time will always be useful...but is there a better weapon out there? Festive Lucile sounds like a thing of beauty, or is there an even better, bonafide-best for Bruisers?
    Morgan's staff and hockey stick are equally good, just different skins. There is a lucky version, which is great on a 3-pink Eugene, but the Tactical version is more versatile and the weapon of choice for most bruisers.
    Scouts - Standard butterfly knife (Epic, threat reduction, razor, swift-strike). I've not used any unique weapon for my scouts, having carried this thing around since about lvl 15! I don't tend to use more than one scout at a time. The Bayonet-Musket looks like a thing of beauty! And I can imagine the extra range afforded by the (really boring looking) Kingdom Spear is of value. Or would getting my Crescent Edge up to par be worth doing?
    Tactical Kingdom Spear and the Crescent Edge are both must-haves. Kingdom spear for Survivalist Rick and the Crescent for Huntsman Daryl to prowl with.
    Assault - Darylls Assault rifle for the crippling (Sounds like it'd really work well with Princess) and silence, Decimator for the blast pattern! Is there anything else worth considering? Is this one of those times when something like Eugene's Pickle Jar is actually The GOAT assault weapon, or are the two above the best of the bunch?
    Lucky Decimator is the most versatile weapon. The Golden Assault Rifle is almost as good, but its lack of hitting around obstacles is a limit on many maps. Daryl's Assault Rifle is niche and useful only on a small number of maps.
    Hunters - Shane's Buckshot is my current weapon of choice, though The Festive Shotgun just looks like it could do so much damage (And again, flamey-attack could provide fun opportunities for Princess's LT to kick in) Harpoon gun seems like it could also be very useful...what's your favourite Hunter weapon?
       Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the advice and thoughts.

The silent winter lucky harpoon is the weapon of choice for Sasha, while Shane's is the Lucky Festive Shotgun. The Buckshot is actually not very useful with its lack of being able to target the ground, Decimator style.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    hunter_xATLAS-ZGoptus_kf
  • ScotticusScotticus Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the thoughts! Winter Bow though, can reduce threat with a crit-hit kill! But it's good to know Rick's pistol and The Winter Flare are worth a shout too. I hadn't considered Morning Star, but I DO have it, just need to max it up, so thanks for advising that. And yeah, the Buckshot I found useful as it can hit a lot with its spread but...it kind of feels lacklustre, so I'll be glad to upgrade!
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 277
    Winter bow don't reduce threat. You mean the hunting bow. Hunting bow reduce threat by killing enemies with charge attacks. Winter bow has an extra action point after attaking, when you don't move before attacking.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Oh, maybe I'm getting my bows mixed up! The threat-reducey one seems eminently useful, mind.
    Deathwish19hunter_x
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    edited March 24
    Agreed on most of what has been put.

Scout - Tac spear/crescent.
    Warrior - Morning star/chainsaw for damage.
    Bruiser - Staff. Lucille for occasions where you need the 2x attack.
    Hunter - Silent harpoon/festive shotgun/RPG for occasional maps.
    Assault - Lucky decimator/Daryl rifle for BBQ type maps. Ideally 2x of each is optimal.
    Shooter - Still remain underused but all of the bows are good. Flare gun is handy too for fire.

This should cover you for basically any map.
    Angelspitscruffy13
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 316
    Bruiser  + Spiked Kingdom Shield
    DocGonzoATLAS-Z
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 51
    Shooter - arguments can be made for winter bow (tactical so you can shoot then open a box, or take advantage of sureshot trait), hunter bow (threat reduction for maps that require it), and winter flare gun (for human maps)
    Warrior - morning star is by far the best for its guaranteed stun/push of primary target. Dragon tongue is second. Chainsaw is a very niche and unnecessary weapon.
    Bruiser - tactical staff is the best all around, but festive Lucille, riot shield, interrupting  staff, and lucky staff can be situationally better
    Assault - lucky decimator is unquestionably the best, with golden assault rifle a viable substitute. Daryl’s assault rifle isn’t worth the experience to upgrade. Dixieland bbq is situationally useful.
    Scout - tactical spear (to take advantage of power strike) and crescent edge are the best overall, with swift strike spear and bayonet situationally useful
    Hunter - winter harpoon is the best overall for everyone except Shane, who should be using a Lucky festive shotgun. The buckshot shotgun and the devil’s torch are situationally useful.

AngelspitBurmeliinishunter_x
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    Add this to the list for shooters, crippling without raising threat will be very useful. 
    ladre5
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    Festive Lucille (2 attacks charge) is very useful when you need to run fast to exit.
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    Danski_46
    Not seen these traits in any bundle but a very useful weapon if you land one. 
    Shezza10
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 152
    Danski_46 said:
    Add this to the list for shooters, crippling without raising threat will be very useful. 

Was this offered for u? Never saw that, would buy this beauty immediatly.
    ladre5 said:
    Danski_46 said:

I did, it's in the bundle shop now 👍
    ladre5
    Danski_46 said:
    ladre5 said:
    Danski_46 said:

I did, it's in the bundle shop now 👍
    Not here in germany yet, but thats what i always wanted, hope we get it too!
    Haha, it was there, just bought it, nice!
    Danski_46
  • olewearolewear Member Posts: 20
    In my opinion the tactical Bayonet Musket is a great Scout weapon. Equip Rick with it and you won't regret it. And watch the white cloud after shooting. I love it ;-)
    Deathwish19
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    Assault : Decimator
    Scouts : Bayonet Musket
    Warrior : dragon tongue
    Bruiser : christmas stick (forget the name) also those shield is ok too
    Hunter : Harpoon, shotgun
    Shooter : Bow
    BurmeliinisDanski_46[Deleted User]TCBRITOTheKing
    It's disturbingly pleasing to know that the eminently fun sounding and bizarre bayonet-musket IS a weapon worth considering :)
    Deathwish19
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406
    I like the 50-Megaton Thermonuclear warhead. Usable by all classes who can push a button...

zeeblackShadowWalkerDeathwish19
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 113
    So no one really rating the bruiser Shield? 
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,406
    Gobold69 said:
    So no one really rating the bruiser Shield? 
    I use it on Eugene in GW walker maps. All those maps with choke points and narrow pathways are killer. So, it can be nice to push the walkers out of the way with the Shield. But, I'll all take my best hero Warrior with the Morning Star to make sure I can clear the path. I like using Eugene (lead w/Shield), Morgan (w/Tactical Staff), and Michonne (w/Morning Star). I can push my way to the exit with that crew.

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    The pushing function is really helpful for certain situations but really harmful in others. You might push a walker back to break up a stun wall for another to take it's space and attack you
    Deathwish19ATLAS-ZFuriousMoldovan
  • XeRoXeRo Member Posts: 102

These are my favorites although I don’t have exclusive pack weapons

#JogoLimpo
    #ParaSempreTwyster
    Deathwish19Angelspit
    I'm glad I have some of those: Crescent, GW Winter Flare Gun, Hockey Stick, Mace and Deci. Some need levelling up, but I'll get 'em there! I'm still a massive fan of the Hunters bow for shooters as a personal preference

The Bayonet Musket...I got my hands on this a efw days ago and it is an absolute joy! I mean, it changes the way you can use scouts! It's magnificent, so much fun! I'm still going to boost up and use the ol' crescent edge but oh yeah, that Musket is just an absolute blast )Figuratively and literally)!
    Deathwish19
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    I don't really like the shield. If you push the walker away, you don't get to punish. 
  • eduardogrooveeduardogroove Member Posts: 20
    The shield is awesome but you need tô know how to use..
    ADPaq
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,163

We know how to use it, and it's not awesome. It's occasionally "decent".

At the highest levels what @wellyluga described above happens too often for "awesome" imo. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovan
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    ATLAS-Z said:

We know how to use it, and it's not awesome. It's occasionally "decent".

At the highest levels what @wellyluga described above happens too often for "awesome" imo. 
    Agree. Shield is more of a luxury than a necessity.
    More universal in most situations would be a Hokey stick/Morgan Staff. Or even festive Lucille - perfect for "stun and run".
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    ATLAS-Z
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 730
    The shield is FANTASTIC when you use it to break a struggle on something you can't kill.

So it works really well if you know how to use it. But i gues that was already said.

I like the shields extra damage sometimes. The ability to stun 2 deep from a bruiser is fantastic, on certain maps in certain spots. I would rather break a fatty struggle and run to the exit than try to kill the fatty. And if that means not having to replay, good for me. The angle you setup your bruiser at against another walker matters. You have to plan your moves. There is amazing joy when pushing a walker into the perfect spot for a morning star hit. Like walker tennis..

Maybe it's not an all the time weapon and certainly not a high level play weapon but it's AWESOME for me up to the +12 and +13 range. Challenge. Gw. Distance. All of it.
    ADPaqDocGonzo
  • eduardogrooveeduardogroove Member Posts: 20
    Agree
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 730
    Tap the agree button! 
    FuriousMoldovan