3.16 Hot Lead Update - Official discussion thread

Comments

• MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 668
    edited April 20
    Now we just gotta bring back this beauty with better traits and we'll have the full setup @Fluxxx
    And for Pete's sake.... PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT LOOK IDENTICAL TO OTHER WEAPONS WHILE IN THE HAND OF CHARACTERS!!!!:

Carl_Tyreese999
  • LeslieDeanLeslieDean Member Posts: 1
    Please look and see if everything is correct on the updates for mobile. I cannot update on neither my iphone nor android and i know its not a me problem. PLEASE
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    Please look and see if everything is correct on the updates for mobile. I cannot update on neither my iphone nor android and i know its not a me problem. PLEASE
    As far as I know, update has not been pushed to google play/apple store just yet. Should be in by Tuesday/Wednesday.
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • gregh5678gregh5678 Member Posts: 4
    As far as I know, update has not been pushed to google play/apple store just yet. Should be in by Tuesday/Wednesday.
    The update is now available for me
    ladre5m4sFuriousMoldovanATLAS-Z
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 668
    Am I the only one who saw a decrease in damage for shooters?
    My Rick Before update:

My Shooter Rick after update (with NO changes to badges or weapon):

FuriousMoldovan
    edited April 20
    @MudMoccasin you're not the only one. New format of Marksman and Lethal seem to apply only to Total Base dmg (base + weapon) before badges and LT. Possibly only visually.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/47237/fast-question-trait-changes
    We Are TWD 😎
  • @Fluxxx why you not raise tier limits? already in war1 someone can reach master tier 
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083

FuriousMoldovan said:
    Is it the closest walker, the one to the right, left, what's the priority map on that, what if Negan is surrounded by many walkers - which one is tagged when he is not a leader vs when he is a leader? If there are no walkers directly next to him, which are going to be Marked on approach, will it happen on his turn or on walkers turn? How many spaces should be between Negan and a walker for Mark to take affect? Can he mark on overwatch? There are dozens of questions in my head.
    If there are multiple enemies at equal distance to Negan, then marking will be random, otherwise it will always be the closest ones to Negan - even when he is leader, because in that case it is still him that marks the 3 enemies, rather than each survivor on your team marking.

Marking happens at the beginning of the turn, so it's not going to happen on overwatch, but the effect of the mark applies to overwatch, as well as any other attack.

There's not distance threshold to his trait - if the closest enemy is 20 spaces away, they will still get marked.

ATLAS-Z said:
    Be cool if it was whichever way he was facing if they were all equal distance

We've had similar ideas in the past related to directional mechanics - but unfortunately that does not currently exist and would require a lot of changes to some of the game's fundamental code, so it's very likely we won't be seeing directional mechanics :( 
    ATLAS-ZAngelspitFuriousMoldovanCarl_Tyreese999
  • JLCJLC Member Posts: 33
    edited April 22
    @Fluxxx does Negan’s LT work to prevent all status effects dealt by human enemies in PvP? Like root, cripple, fire by incendiary weapons, stun by push mechanic, stun by critical aim trait, assault and bruiser charge attacks, etc?
    AngelspitPastem4s
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    edited April 23
    JLC said:
    Does Negan’s LT work to prevent all status effects dealt by human enemies in PvP? Like root, cripple, fire by incendiary weapons, stun by push mechanic, stun by critical aim trait?
    I agree this needs clarification. Incendiary works the same as before (no it doesn't, it's cancelled out by his LT). It prevents stuns from bruisers and tanks, unless the bruisers are using the shield and push into something. I haven't tested warriors with morning star, but I assume it's the same as the shield. I also haven't tested goos or spiked but I believe their attacks won't stun or cause you to bleed if they're marked. I haven't tested assault charge attacks, but someone else confirmed their charge attacks won't stun if marked.

Confirmed still causing stuns:
    * Bruisers with the kingdom shield pushing into something, because of the push mechanics.
    * Ranged humans with Critical Aim
    * Goo walkers explosions.

Another detail: Negans LT works even after you kill him (like other leader traits, but it's kind of weirder with this trait, and it also works when he's not in lead).

Additions:
    * Exploders work the same as before
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    FuriousMoldovanCarl_Tyreese999
    @Paste
    add Exploder to the list - still hits survivors in the radius if exploded by ranged team.
    We Are TWD 😎
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    @Paste
    add Exploder to the list - still hits survivors in the radius if exploded by ranged team.
    I expected that. It's not a status, although burning and bleeding is. I'm pretty sure those will still always happen in all the cases they did before, except direct hits by spiked walkers.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,354

Keywords are "directly inflicted by the enemies" so marked goo walker won't stun but the goo walker exploding isn't directly caused by the goo walker but from the goo walker being killed by ranged attack and exploding.  It's the same for Exploding Walkers.

Hero: Negan

Negan is a Bruiser hero, with the following Leader Trait:

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe

At the beginning of every turn, Negan marks the closest enemy for 1 turn. Marked enemies receive more damage, deal less damage, and they cannot inflict status effects.
    As a leader, Negan marks 3 enemies instead of 1.

For example, if a Tank walker is marked, it will not be able to stun your survivors. In a similar manner, if a Spiked walkers is marked, its attacks won't cause bleeding.
    It is important to note that this applies to status effects that are directly inflicted by the enemies. If a burning walker is marked, it will still deal fire damage, as it is not inflicting a status effect; if a marked Goo walker is exploded, it will still stun your survivors. 
    Last Updated: 1d • Permalink

What are Goo Walkers?

Beware, something’s lurking in the mud!

Goo walkers are tank walkers that have absorbed a lot of water becoming bloated and gooey. They have high health and are stun resistant. Their attacks stun survivors for 1 turn.

When killed with ranged attacks, goo walkers have a chance to explode causing threat. The explosion doesn’t deal any damage but stuns all survivors, heroes and human enemies in the range of the explosion. 
    Last Updated: 570d • Permalink

What are Exploding Walkers?

On your missions you might run into Exploding Walkers. These are former soldiers that carry explosives on their belts and are marked by a grenade icon.
    Shooting these walkers causes a big explosion damaging everyone (both walkers and survivors) within the radius, even through walls.
    Explosions have a chance to ignite any surviving walkers in the range and make them burning walkers. Other exploding walkers in the radius explode in a chain reaction.

Notice that explosions also cause threat so be careful whether you trigger an explosion in Overwatch or not.
    Last Updated: 570d • Permalink

PasteFOE
    So marked human enemies with incendiary weapons can still inflict burning effect? To me that shouldn’t happen because I consider that “directly inflicted by the enemy” (or do weapon traits not count?). Stuns by critical aim should definitely not happen, IMO. I can understand goo explosion stuns since that is caused by the explosion and not the walker.
    Novell
    @JLC very good questions regarding critical aim but are you sure about marked human enemies with incendiary weapons?
    Doesn’t seem to work all the time. Here Rick got stunned by a marked tank. Happened a couple other times too.

m4sCarl_Tyreese999
  • FOEFOE Member Posts: 105
    JLC said:
    Doesn’t seem to work all the time. Here Rick got stunned by a marked tank. Happened a couple other times too.
    IMO it works, when the big walker is marked befor he make a action

LG, Erwin
    edited April 23
    Zbot, yes I still believe that marked humans wielding weapons that can cause status effects should not be able to inflict those effects. That includes weapons with incendiary, rooting, crippling, stun by push. Once a survivor equips a weapon or amor, all those equipment traits become part of that survivor’s total set of traits (like how Iron skin on amor increases the survivor’s total DR, lethal increases damage, etc). That’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Edit: Just saw Fluxxx’s reply that incendiary should be blocked, which is great, but it doesn’t seem to be working properly. I got set on fire by a marked Carl in the outpost, and got stunned by marked bruisers. I have video of these.
    @JLC that’s why I asked, it should works against incendiary, please note that Negan’s trait happens at the beginning of the turn.  So if the enemies don’t start out marked then they will be able to inflict stun/ incendiary/etc.

if you have videos I would send it to support, click settings, help, contact us.
    edited April 23
    Does marking happen at the start of both your turn and the enemies turn? Appears I got stunned by marked bruisers, or is it a visual glitch with the marks?

https://youtu.be/wHMZCYChVoA

Edit:
    On this one, enemy’s Carl starts off not marked, and then on the enemies turn, he becomes marked and is able to set my Negan on fire.

https://youtu.be/oLCSJrFclKc
    @JLC looks like your Negan got stunned by enemy's Negan

@zbot so does enemy's Negan Mark cancels out his Negan's Mark? 😳😄
    We Are TWD 😎
    TheKing
    If both Negans are marked, neither one should stun the other. My assault also got stunned. I also noticed that my Negan had the word ‘marked’ pop over his head, but had no mark symbol. 
    Jankel
    Technically yes, but that's not what we saw in your video
    We Are TWD 😎
    @JLC contact in game support and send the video so they can look into it, the main reason for contacting in game support is that there's other information that support can find in the account that can figure out what's going on.

@FuriousMoldovan not sure, will forward that question to NG.
    FuriousMoldovan
    Will do, @zbot.
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 284
    "If there are multiple enemies at equal distance to Negan, then marking will be random"
    With Negan not leading, and only marking 1 walker, unless you can position very specifically so that only the main target is either N(orth), S(outh), E(ast), or W(est) of him with no other walkers in those positions, then the marked walker can change every turn. This totally negates the purpose of Negan's LT. Let's say you target a spiked walker to the S. of Negan, with no other walkers at E, W, N. Then next turn normal walkers move into the E and W spots, and a normal walker randomly picks up the mark. How is this reliable?
    In my testing so far, when Negan is next to walkers, N/S/W/E always get marked before any diagonal position, which is consistent with the known walker targeting mechanics (but in reverse). But with multiple walkers in those 4 spots, the mark can jump around. If Negan is leading it's less of an issue, but I don't see that happening in high level GW maps.
    FuriousMoldovan
    @Gothgul Agree. Tight Sanctuary maps with a ton of walkers surrounding the team makes Negan's non-leader LT very unreliable and not feasible...

@Fluxxx we need a "mark" button for Negan. Or make special walkers a priority in his marking mechanics at least. Otherwise pointless. 
    We Are TWD 😎
    JLC
  • and some information about update for traits mechanics will be nice too
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 679
    If there are multiple enemies at equal distance to Negan, then marking will be random, otherwise it will always be the closest ones to Negan - even when he is leader, because in that case it is still him that marks the 3 enemies, rather than each survivor on your team marking.

2 questions @Fluxxx
    1. If a marked walker get killed before our turn ends, will another walker be marked?
    2. Will hidden walkers be marked too? As in those which are hidden from our view at the start of our turn.