Tools and solutions

So , people are complaining more and more about tools making the game p2w and competition unfair (including myself).
I would like to propose a solution over this for both guild wars and challenge.
Guild wars : 
Usage of tool causing a flat rate punishment . Let's say 5 points . (Can be three , can be seven , can be different number depending on tool)
That way , using one or two tools will cause a small lose , but abuse usage in a mission will make you loose lot of points. Still people will use to get the bonus of sector , but that will come with a cost and might hit back as boomerang . 
My thinking is , people most probably will start hit closer to their real level . And more strategy will be implemented on where to hit . 
As for challenge , since I don't see any light on changing this ridiculous stop at round 80 , a star could be added over tool usage . 
That way ties will be prevented , and competition will rise again . Plus will be a nice motive for people that doesn't spend a lot of money and are closer to f2p than others .
TCBRITOKarajocaLady JPasteGoptus_kfTux77Temptress7FuriousMoldovanmiori199373Marie__GagaChrisScorpioaquila

Comments

• Temptress7Temptress7 Member Posts: 2
    I will have to agree on this...it is getting boring to have ties every week on challenge and because in one week maybe we dont have time not to have the chance to finish with perfect score next week...as for gw i love the new set up of maps but p2w is not fair for everyone...
    AnjelosLady J
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 31
    Firekid said:
    Love the idea of an extra star for no tool usage. Not sure about being docked points for using tools in guildwars though. If they were to do that then there would need to be a way of telling which maps have autospawns and which don’t. 
    Not sure it will be a need for that . Will make it even more random for final result .
    As stated , point is to make it more competitive for everyone , so if i get in a high level with autospawn and need tools , i get handicapped for that .
    It will not really prevent me from trying even with handicap though , since the sector bonus will again give a nice advantage . 
    Certainly will make it more as guild war and less of a tool war.
    Lady JChrisScorpio
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 679
    People pay for tools and yet get penalized? Don't think that will go down nicely imo. It's like punishing folks who buy special weapons to get further in challenges or GW. 

AnjelosUserDoe
    Steeboon said:
    People pay for tools and yet get penalized? Don't think that will go down nicely imo. It's like punishing folks who buy special weapons to get further in challenges or GW. 

Not really.people using tools will still have advantage (as they should cause they spend money on it ) , but the advantage tools give will be much much smaller .
    There are many maps that are impossible without tools both challenge and guild war .

TCBRITOLady JChrisScorpio
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,141
    If you want to limit tools just stop selling big bundles...make them only available by chance just like gold and radios.  This will prevent players from stocking up and having near endless supplies.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

TCBRITOJayZDanski_46Deathwish19
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 175
    Some changes are definitely needed and I agree with @Lady J we do need to figure out how they are ranking the scores. 
    ChrisScorpioLady J
  • paeaeaeschpaeaeaesch Member Posts: 83
    I would like a cap of 20 tools, as @WellyLuga suggested. Another idea would be to adjust the cooldowns fo every tool, wich would be easy to implement and doesn't need much coding. 

Lets say grenades have 6 rounds, flares (most powerful tool) have 10 rounds, so its basically only usable once per mission.
    Shezza10aquila
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,163
    If we limit tools, most players will start using way less tools even than the limit, for fear that "the next mission" might be harder and they'll need them. 

Which is OK from player side. Ok with me. 

But then, that's lost revenue for NGs.

We want to win without buying tools, we want to win without buying gold... 

I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I'd love to see some ideas that still encourage spending without promoting pay to win? 

(other than the Craftsmen tools suggestion I've pitched a few times, give people lots more "free tools" but they have to work their asses off to craft them themselves.... Here spending is still encouraged because it saves precious time >>> TIME vs MONEY) 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Anjelos
    I wouldn't have a problem with a limit on tools , but as mentions by couple of people of people above , NG is also a business , so if they put a limit in usage , sales will drop. And I don't see that happening . 
    Tbh , we as players wouldn't want this , as income of NG is what makes game going .
    The facts are simple to me : 
    1.Tools are overpowered and make all mission doable , not only from very good players but also from the not so good ones. 
    2. There are missions , that without tools , you don't even have a fighting chanse anymore. 
    3. P2w have almost unlimited stock of tools as they make life easyer .
    4. New players and f2p have no chanse almost anymore .
    5.NG will NOT pur a cap to lower sales in the bandle that is the most profitable .

One solution might have been to nerf tools by needing action point over usage , but as mentioned by some people , i bought something doing specific things , if they nerf after i bought it is a sale scum and it is illegal.

So what left thinking all of the above ? 
    To me it is only what i suggested , tool drop stars  and minus points from guild wars.
    Wil not prevent people from buying ,not gonna cause drop of sales for NG , won't make buyers loose their advantage , will helps people that spend less and f2p and rise competition ones again.
    Target is not to punish p2w , but certainly close the gap from people abusing them with people that don't.

I thought we all want some change in this game to make it more competitive , at the moment it is pure p2w , giving f2p zero chanse , and looks like the game dies .at least that is the feedback i get from most people ingame .
    I am not a f2p offcourse , but the way game goes , it becomes boring and without competition even for paying customers.
    Hope people would start thinking outside from what is good for themselves  and try to find solutions that will satisfy everyone as much and compromise a little. 

Marie__GagaBurmeliinisaquilaLady J
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    edited May 9
    ATLAS-Z said:

But then, that's lost revenue for NGs.

We want to win without buying tools, we want to win without buying gold... 

I am sure NG have their cycles with what is their primary money maker. Once upon a time it was rerolls and reinforce but they served their purpose. This is never about wanting to win for free, I wouldn't expect a team full of F2Pers to be able to compete for an entire season but I would expect them to compete for longer than they currently can now. The distance between the two right now is wider than I have ever seen it in my years of playing this crazy game. There was always a P2W element to it but it was always very well balanced and you could still do relatively well for free. Right now you can't, plain and simple.

JayZ said:
    Billbam said:
    If you want to limit tools just stop selling big bundles...make them only available by chance just like gold and radios.  This will prevent players from stocking up and having near endless supplies.
    Yeah. Not sure we’re not talking about this more. When tools were first released, NG sold them only in special holiday bundles. Now they sell them every week or two. Limit the supply of tools and none of this is as big of a problem 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am in favor of tool stars in challenge, but GW maps are so random and can be so shitty and unbalanced, that tool caps and penalties don’t seem like viable solutions. Imagine you’re in the middle of sector 20, come up on a map from hell, and realize it’s impossible for you to pass because there’s a tool cap. A tool cap sounds okay in theory, but players will riot when they first get impacted by hitting their limit.

Increase F2P (or limit P2P) access to tools, don’t change how tools are used...
    With a cap in the back of your mind you would prioritize island 20, or maybe if that and island 19 looked absolutely horrendous you might not even try it. You might be able to track the enemy scores to see what they did and win by doing a lower less risky island because they overreached and failed trying to complete the lot. Remember when GW was first introduced and 6H had that fear factor, you didn't always risk playing it because there was a good chance you might fail. I'd like to see that return, right now there is no risk of that. It doesn't have to be as low as 20, maybe even 30. What I hate seeing is one player spending 60+ tools to effectively buy their team the victory, something you had first hand experience with this week :wink:

You are someone who is obviously very tuned in with the strategy side of the game, navigating the map with your 3 heroes and planning moves in advance with that has always been what made this game special and kept me playing all this time. IMO that has become a secondary side of the game because the primary strategy in your success in the mission is the amount of tools in your tool bag and how well you manage their cooldown...

Increasing tools available for F2P is fine, even @ATLAS-Z suggestion of homemade tools is solid too. Both would improve the competitive state of the game but it wouldn't improve the overall state of it IMO. I guess I am too much of a veteran trying to live the good old days :lol:. All I know is I have enjoyed this game less and less the more tools have taken over.
    AnjelosShezza10aquila
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    How about a retroactive tool penalty?

If you use more than 5? tools in one mission, the next 3 missions you get a 20% VP deduction or something similar. So the smartest strategy for a guild with enough heavy hitters would be to play human opponents afterwards until the penalty is over (and to save the hardest mission for last since you could spam tools there without any penalty next). This way tools can still serve their purpose, but it discourages one person having to do all the hard missions. If you take on a tough one for the team your wallet get a break afterwards.

This would not help guilds in the second half of the top 40 list of course, and it would make tracking even harder. And it would definitely piss off a lot of people, but at least they get to finish the mission and know and strategize about the penalty.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    WellyLugaghost_pepperChrisScorpio
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,001
    Paste said:
    How about a retroactive tool penalty?

If you use more than 5? tools in one mission, the next 3 missions you get a 20% VP deduction or something similar. So the smartest strategy for a guild with enough heavy hitters would be to play human opponents afterwards until the penalty is over (and to save the hardest mission for last since you could spam tools there without any penalty next). This way tools can still serve their purpose, but it discourages one person having to do all the hard missions. If you take on a tough one for the team your wallet get a break afterwards.

This would not help guilds in the second half of the top 40 list of course, and it would make tracking even harder. And it would definitely piss off a lot of people, but at least they get to finish the mission and know and strategize about the penalty.
    3 missions is maybe a little heavy, maybe the next one. I like it though :smile:
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    Yeah, all the numbers were just my guesstimates of what would work, but I'm chilling in Junkyard myself so I don't have these issues.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • SnewfDiggitySnewfDiggity Member Posts: 17
    I’d love to see a meme of a nascar driver changing his own tires 1 by 1 and in other picture a pit crew doing it in about 3 seconds.

Also what about sports teams that have to pay the best players to play on their team.

Lifes p2w isn’t it?
    I’d love to see a meme of a nascar driver changing his own tires 1 by 1 and in other picture a pit crew doing it in about 3 seconds.

Also what about sports teams that have to pay the best players to play on their team.

Lifes p2w isn’t it?

What about like THE REPLACEMENTS, when the scrubs beat the pros at the end?

It could happen right? Oh wait nevermind that was just a movie, a work of fiction and fantasy.

IRL pay to win is life. It's true. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 175
    I am 99% F2P and it’s impossible to keep up with the top scores. I agree the imbalance is at its most extreme gap in my over 4 years of playing. I have played both with and without money and it’s 2 totally different games now more then ever. Change is needed. 
    AnjelosLady J
    I'm starting to see the VP penalty as maybe the best solution, but with one small tweak.

Allow 2 to 5 tools, per mission, with No Penalty, and after that make it exponentially increase with each extra tool used?

So in essence, the new "clean play" would be no red gas used and less than 4 tools used per mission  (as example) 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    AnjelosChrisScorpioShezza10aquila
    This would be a good spot for your first chime in @Lexia

>:) 

Cheers

Our page :

Send me a PM
    AnjelosChrisScorpio
  • SnewfDiggitySnewfDiggity Member Posts: 17
    Could the tool penalty be that there’s a choice between starting a war, like in the distance.  Hard (no tools allowed) regular rewards like we’re seeing now.  Expert (tools allowed) way better rewards, cosmetic rewards, but only given to the first, second and third (or some sort of % by participation) system.
    Anjelos
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 366
    I however pretty much agree with @Firekid nerf suggestion from above, as a possible solution, we just need to put a little, tiny cap on it (just in case) 😂😜
This discussion has been closed.