Country Roads Challenge

2»

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,709
    Lexia said:
    Hey everyone! 

We've had a discussion about the 'Count your Blessings'-map, and together with your feedback we've decided to look into adjusting the spawns for a more balanced gameplay. Changes will be implemented for the next time this same map set is run.
    Cool - but please don't overcorrect and make it TOO easy. Adjusting the spawns to a 5 turn (instead of 3 turn) spawn wave should provide for decent balance without making it too easy. 5 of the 6 maps this challenge seem like they can be played to the end of nightmare without much issue, so I actually like having a map that is a bit more difficult. It just shouldn't be as difficult as it is now.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    WellyLugaDanski_46[Deleted User]
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    One fatty and threat only spawn (no autospawns) would make the mission less of a nightmare than it is now. 
    anniesprinklesSlize
  • Jens_KFJens_KF Member Posts: 53
    Lexia said:
    Hey everyone! 

We've had a discussion about the 'Count your Blessings'-map, and together with your feedback we've decided to look into adjusting the spawns for a more balanced gameplay. Changes will be implemented for the next time this same map set is run.
    First time in 2-3 years you did a map, which is really challenging and interesting to beat. And you change it immediately, as players complain, that they don’t reach their star level of boom barrel. 😩

Please don’t overcorrect it. As Jeff said. Get the spawn counter maybe 1-2 higher. That will be enough to reach the exit line. The 2 tanks are fine. Hard to beat, yes. But really interesting to beat too. 

I love this challenge a lot! Great work! 👍🏼
    ShadowWalkerJayZVov[Deleted User]Gallifrey
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,924
    Yeah, maybe 2 tanks would be ok with a higher threat counter. You could compensate that by reducing the threat counter on checkpoint Faith. That would make the map more interesting. In fact just swap the threat counters. 
    Malarky
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 619
    You can go into the cornfield to find it instead of waiting for it to reappear.
    Yeah, but I didn't want to go in there and get a big fat slap across the face while my other two survivors tried to kill him!   :p
    Paste
  • wmswms Member Posts: 88
    Good for the change.  And here I was thinking vindictive, despicable about whoever designed the "count your blessing".  It is a nightmare for us regular players.  I'm done with this challenge.  Otherwise it has been a 1 star event at most.  
    RiotZappa
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 310
    Keep the auto spawn but remove the spawn counter this will alow more than 1 option to complete this map.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 850
    euchid said:
    Keep the auto spawn but remove the spawn counter this will alow more than 1 option to complete this map.
    This will probably make the map too easy then, because all you would have to do is set up a stun/root cycle.

One thing I would like to see, that I haven't seen anyone mention, is creating a path that we can go through at the top of the map. It would give us a way to sneak to the door faster. The middle gets clogged up so fast from autospawns, it's almost impossible to get pass the walkers.
    Burmeliinis
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    Visually, it’s very difficult to tell where you can go up there. I have no idea what’s blocking my way or why I can or cannot pass through a spot. BTW, I think we’ve sufficiently offered the exact same suggestions for this map repeatedly and NG has already said how they’ll adjust it, so I think we can stop.
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappa
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,230
    First time in:
    Global Top 50 ✔️
    Local Top 10 ✔️
    🥳 😏 😎 🍻

Congratulations, now prepare yourself for a world of pain if you attempt it every week, every month, for years....

The leaderboard is what made me quit playing the game. 😀
    "Deadly Missions" made me quit in early 2016, but I came back.
    Maybe some future improvements make you come back too 👍

Like Rick said: we all can come back! 😁
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    edited May 18
    JayZ said:
    Lexia said:
    Hey everyone! 

Cool - but please don't overcorrect and make it TOO easy. Adjusting the spawns to a 5 turn (instead of 3 turn) spawn wave should provide for decent balance without making it too easy. 5 of the 6 maps this challenge seem like they can be played to the end of nightmare without much issue, so I actually like having a map that is a bit more difficult. It just shouldn't be as difficult as it is now.
    I'd just like to echo this statement, last week was the first challenge in a long, long time where we didn't see a single 4878 at the top of the leaderboard let alone multiple people on the same scores. Whilst it was imbalanced and changes are needed they have to be subtle, we need more challenges like this one.
    ShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovanBurmeliinisJayZ
  • VovVov Member Posts: 84
    I don't think 4878 is unachievable. Maybe Stelio didn't have enough time to play. He made a perfect run till round 79 with 4810 stars. Round 80 is doable as well. 
    m4s
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,230
    @WellyLuga 100%
    Huge contrast with 40+ max scorers from couple of weeks back.
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,924
    Scores would have been a lot lower if people hadn’t unlocked yumiko during this challenge. She’s is seriously overpowered which was good because the maps were seriously imbalanced at higher levels.
    Trouble is for a normal map set she’s going to make them even easier than before. 
    I’m all for harder mapsets but now they’ve got to make them ridiculously hard now so that it’s difficult even with Yumiko in lead which means without her in lead it’ll be impossible. 
    Again not sure what the answer is as I don’t want another useless shooter but I also don’t want yumiko to be the answer to everything. 
    Vovm4sJayZAnjelos
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 850
    Shush your mouth @Firekid :D We finally have a good shooter and you want to nerf her  :p

Also I wouldn't even say it's Yumiko that is overpowered, it's not like you are going to suddenly take Yumiko and two other shooters into a lv 50 battle. You still need a way to gain charge points, so once again all roads lead to Sasha,  and Yumiko doesn't have to be in the lead to benefit Sasha. .
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,709
    Also I wouldn't even say it's Yumiko that is overpowered, it's not like you are going to suddenly take Yumiko and two other shooters into a lv 50 battle. You still need a way to gain charge points, so once again all roads lead to Sasha,  and Yumiko doesn't have to be in the lead to benefit Sasha. .
    True, but the issue is that in nightmare levels, the strategy seems to be the same. Build a stun wall, run for an exit and pray for success, or wipe everything out with Shane. The maps can take 10-20 minutes each and are really not fun. My favorite maps are those in the mid-40s, where you can bring 5 different teams on some maps, use different strategies, mix melee with range, etc.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    FirekidDanski_46euchid