Yumiko - Is she overpowered

Comments

• FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,216
    dalmer said:
    @Firekid
    When it comes to constantly charged assaults argument - it's never been a problem. Before Yumiko, it was always Sasha + 2 assaults for me to achive that. And there you have - constantly charged assault every turn without Yumiko.
    It's so false, that just stupid...
    With Sasha + 2 assaults on most of the maps you were struggling after second turn (or first if you prefer).

Aside from cheap insult, your comment proves my point that Yumiko brought more versatility and more fun to ranged teams.
    Like any team, Sasha+2 assaults requires practice to effectively use them.
    Keep on practicing pal.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    dalmer
    ATLAS-Z said:
    It was inevitable. I won't take credit lol.

@FuriousMoldovan

That's one of the most attractive things about the SPY combo, you can walk in with no charges.... Yumi can trigger princess free attack and become instantly charged (before she's even used her attack).

On dual assaults, you need that first free round to get charged up. 
    @ATLAS-Z That's right, like I previously said:
    "She just added chances of extra charge for Sasha, charging assault before the first turn (instead of after first turn), and cripple/burn."
    I anticipated SPY team to be a always-charged team as soon as we got new heroes announcement. Glad it proved to be true, love it.

PS: you have the credit for SPY in NML Glossary thread👍
    We Are TWD 😎
    ATLAS-ZChrisScorpio
    Firekid said:
    Think we will have to agree to disagree @FuriousMoldovan last thing I’ll comment on though is your comment “more versatility more fun”. This is just not true, now there is no point in using a different team than SPY (because it’s the most effective) so it’s actually less versatility. Thanks for the discussion though valid points all round! 👍

I still use melee teams because it's more effective and faster vs increasing threat with SPY on most maps. So I stand by Yumiko adding "more versatility and more fun" for when ranged teams are applicable.
    But yeah, I love healthy discussions and definitely appreciate it! 💯
    We Are TWD 😎
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,075
    @FuriousMoldovan yeah the extra charges is another issue, and lasso more charges with tools it is kinda crazy how op Sasha becomes.

At a minimum this charge train will need to be addressed. Esp if they want to develop future content and more tools. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Rising / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

FuriousMoldovanwms
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 670
    She's fine.

Let us play.
    FuriousMoldovanShezza10RiotZappa
    @ATLAS-Z Agreed. Tools issue has been mauled over dozens of times and I don't see a resolution in sight due to it being a money maker for NG. But that's a whole other conversation.

And yeah, I was surprised by the ability of Sasha harpoon to have 3 charge attacks + 1 normal in 1 turn. Even though I like it 😏, I realize that it gives big advantage in maps with a lots of Heavies, especially if you have Cripple on Yumi.
    We Are TWD 😎
    ATLAS-Z
    Because the game is all about charge attacks. The flatness of the game is because of this and that's the way it's going to stay while the game remains built around charge attacks.

They thought outside the box with beta herding. They made pgg not suck with double box. Shane has probably the most satisfying LT we will ever play but even that is dependant on damage which for ranged is dependant upon charges, or maybe fire and timing. 

Shooters moving 8 squares helped a lot but they are still way under powered and yumiko is the only shooter who doesn't suck. Maggie and tara only half suck. They're still weak and only work in this game in specific and unique ways. Playing them is a sacrifce to not play someone better, usually.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,075
    edited June 15
    Body shot mechanics were brought online (I believe) to stop endless top tier play. Many many moons ago.

Now body shots and various leader traits are the new way for Endless play

@Lexia someone suggested bringing back the no body shot challenge in lieu of a class bonus for that given week, and I think this might be a good idea to mix things up... Especially since we now have a finite end to the challenge game mode

#Zombrex (Neo / Rising / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

IcePeterChrisScorpioFuriousMoldovan
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,914
    Which is why yumiko should get a chance of a charge point to all range on firing squad. She could rival Sasha for the top spot allow more combinations rather than the same combination but better. 
    [Deleted User]FuriousMoldovanChrisScorpio
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 91
    Keep on practicing pal.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Use them on "Parking Lot".
    Keep on practicing pal.

With Yumiko it's easy. Without her it's better to start to look for a flare.

FuriousMoldovan
    dalmer said:
    Keep on practicing pal.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Keep on practicing pal.

Can't use Sasha + 2 assaults on "Parking Lot" - walkers are 2 spaces away at the beginning.
    But RGG, Princess, PGG do the job and exit before the first threat counter reset.
    Got plenty of practice ;)
    We Are TWD 😎
    brucewayne007ADPaq
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,709
    dalmer said:
    Keep on practicing pal.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Keep on practicing pal.

Can't use Sasha + 2 assaults on "Parking Lot" - walkers are 2 spaces away at the beginning.
    But RGG, Princess, PGG do the job and exit before the first threat counter reset.
    Doesn’t quite work at Round 70 unfortunately.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ATLAS-ZFuriousMoldovan
    JayZ said:
    dalmer said:
    Keep on practicing pal.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Keep on practicing pal.

Doesn’t quite work at Round 70 unfortunately.
    Agree, I'm on round 64 for now. When spawns get shorter won't work of course.
    We Are TWD 😎
    zbot said:
    @FuriousMoldovan I think Sasha is what the top players call "skill."  It takes "skill" to collect Sasha tokens to upgrade her.  While Yumiko is good right out of the box as an epic so that's not "skill."  The old guards want to protect their turf and ranking and can't have anyone join them on the top of the mountain.  That's the big difference.

The skilled get more "skill" and everyone else loses out.  The 
    How I hear top players talk is that yumiko is a game changer, just like they said when beta was released. And princess. And all these new fun weapons-of-the-season like decimator and morning star and crescent edge and cripple weapons. If these fun and game changing things weren't coming out, where would we be? I think the real question isn't is yumiko OP (or the slew of other stuff released in the last year and a half) but is it coming out too quickly? I don't think it's coming out too quickly. Maybe others will think differently.
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 389
    So it looks like a fair amount of skill is needed to complete the harder levels. Sounds like most people are having a blast with Yumiko. Long may it last.
    Shezza10FuriousMoldovan
  • BenKeeleyBenKeeley Member Posts: 29
    I really enjoy using Yumiko and a Shooter that's really useful. Add her to the Sasha, Beta, Huntsman Daryl, Survivalist Rick, Princess category. Is there another Shooter as good? Hilltop Maggie's great but so often just gathers dust on the unused shelf. Leave Yumiko alone, it's great to have a useful shooter that gives most players a chance for another few hundred stars per challenge. 
    [Deleted User]FuriousMoldovanADPaq
    edited June 20
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Also on parking lot and main road I've done without Sasha & without tools

Princess (lead)
    Shane (lucky festive)
    Yumiko (Cripple)

I call it.... PSY

It's quite a lot of fun this team

Opaa, no-Sasha-style! 🤣
    We Are TWD 😎
    ShadowWalker[Deleted User]
    So no one actually wants to maker her stronger and better for all range and just want to keep her as is so you have to keep using her with either Sasha or princess? Thought people wanted to make range great again? Could see so many possibilities of great teams, particularly with her in lead with my slight change to her. Ah well I know when I’m beat. 

dalmer
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,963
    edited June 21
    Firekid said:
    So no one actually wants to maker her stronger and better for all range and just want to keep her as is so you have to keep using her with either Sasha or princess? Thought people wanted to make range great again? Could see so many possibilities of great teams, particularly with her in lead with my slight change to her. Ah well I know when I’m beat. 

I think now people have gotten used to her being a certain way and are enjoying using her it would be tough to accept a change. Let the high rollers use the SPY team and I imagine there are middle range players using her in lead with a bullet barrage style. 

If you buffed her further and gave her chances of charge points on firing range you would just see people using the same even more powerful team only with Yumiko in lead and YPS doesn't have the same ring to it :lol:
    Shezza10
    @WellyLuga but it would only be chance of one charge point from firing squad (Sasha and princess leader trait wouldn’t be active). You could still take advantage of that team by having her in lead, if princess or Sasha missed a charge point last turn you might get them charged up which would be really helpful. But your also be able to use her with Haggie or another shooter and maybe Shane and still get charge points. She’d be the Sasha/rick of shooters. Particularly using two shooters one with cripple one with fire. Would bring actual variety and also mean that piercing weapons wouldn’t be a no go. Might even want to use a crit chance badge here or there. The increased damage part of her trait would actually be useful. You could still use her in a spy team to have a chance to gain that vital missed charge point from the last round. It would just mean that you could use her to keep Sasha and princess charged every turn. 

WellyLugadalmer
  • SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 19
    ATLAS-Z said:

I call it.... PSY

I see... you've GANGed up on those NAMeless walkers with STYLE!

...sorry, I couldn't resist. :D