When is it recommended to switch from "Normal" to "Hard" Distance?

SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 17
As the thread title already says, I've been wondering at which point you consider switching to the next higher Distance level to be a good idea.
My highest level characters are at level 20 (the first one of them is upgrading to level 21 right now), and my lowest level ones are level 15. There are 27 characters; most of them regular survivors. I've listed some more details in this post of mine.
I've finished "Normal" mode for the last couple of weeks. Obviously, the first bunch of missions are usually very easy by now, due to their low level. However, "Hard" mode Distance already starts at like level 15 from what I remember, and I don't know where it actually caps.
So... at which point would you recommend to play Distance in the next higher difficulty? And up to which level do the missions in "Hard" mode Distance go? Would the higher rewards be worth it even if I couldn't complete it yet?

Comments

• IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 363
    Switch when it’s no longer a challenge. If you finish with no or minimal deaths, it’s time to consider challenging yourself. The rewards are so much better at the higher level that completing 14 is better than finishing the lower level. 
    Deathwish19
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 292
    If you finish easy with 0 loss try hard level. Sooner or later you will finish hard too.
  • SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 17
    edited June 14
    Thanks for the replies! :)
    So I've looked at the rewards for this week and saw that the "Hard" mode has some Abraham tokens. So I was like "Oh well; I'm gonna try!" simply because it's so hard to get tokens for him for some reason (barely made it to three stars, while Sasha who I got much later is at five stars already). But I doubt I'm gonna make it that far; seeing as the mission for his tokens has a difficulty level of 29. The final mission would be at 35. I don't see that happening, haha. :D
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,336
    I also believe that if it feels like "work" and isn't fun, then stick to the lower level until you can do it without spending tons of gas and time. I already completed Nightmare and it took too much time and gas for how much I like to play. I might go back to Nightmare this week with my free Gas Booster active. It will depend on my motivation.
    Deathwish19
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,851
    I also believe that if it feels like "work" and isn't fun, then stick to the lower level until you can do it without spending tons of gas and time. I already completed Nightmare and it took too much time and gas for how much I like to play. I might go back to Nightmare this week with my free Gas Booster active. It will depend on my motivation.

Same. I look at the hero tokens and the tools and my time and decide Hard vs Nightmare.

Or option C... Skip the distance altogether  :p

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

ADPaqRiotZappa
  • BassreactorBassreactor Member Posts: 6

• ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 640
    The reroll tokens and crafting materials are the important rewards from distance. Hard will get significantly easier when you unlock craftsman level 2 building and then craft level 2 badges. Green and blue badges with usable trait bonuses (when you know how to craft) will make a big difference with you being able to finish distance on Hard.

Don't touch crafting until you REALLY know what to do. It will be your biggest jump in the game. Visit the discord server with questions.
    ATLAS-Z
    Don't touch crafting until you REALLY know what to do. It will be your biggest jump in the game. Visit the discord server with questions.
    Yeah, I haven't touched it at all yet. The only thing I've done so far is to exchange lower rarity materials for higher rarity materials in the shop during events that allow for that; provided I actually didn't forget about it.

Visit the discord server with questions.
    I might do so at some point; provided I can find it. I remember some people mentioning it before; so I guess it should be possible to find it with a thorough search in the forum.

Saturn said:
    ...  The only thing I've done so far is to exchange lower rarity materials for higher rarity materials in the shop 
    Only exchange blue for gold, especially with frags. 

Never white for brown, brown for green, green for blue... Bad idea. You'll regret it later. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Shezza10ghost_pepper
    ATLAS-Z said:

Only exchange blue for gold, especially with frags. 

Never white for brown, brown for green, green for blue... Bad idea. You'll regret it later.

May I ask why? Don't you need the higher quality stuff to craft the best badges, while the lower quality only is used for lower quality badges?
    ...I actually have no idea at all how badge-crafting even works; but that would be a logical assumption, I would think.

ATLAS-Zghost_pepper
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 363
    You have to craft bad badges to get to the good ones. Badge crafting runs through cycles of 30 badges with 5-6 having ideal bonuses. On average, you have to craft at least 4 bad badges to get to a good one. Use lower quality materials on the bad ones.
    ATLAS-Z
    Oh wow; that's very... annoying, I guess. The best part is, you normally wouldn't know until you start crafting and only get crappy results and then wonder why. I guess I really should find and check out that Discord server before I start crafting... though that's not gonna be very soon, since I assume it's best to wait with that until you're at max level.
    ghost_pepper
    @Saturn once you have craftsman building @level 2 you're good to go

Our page :