The Assassins Bow 🏹

I think this bow should be immune to body shots on all attacks.

I'm curious if top players think this would be overpowered?

I'm thinking no, especially since it has no special function other than power?

@Firekid
@JayZ
@Busta
@zhigghay
@WellyLuga
@BloodyChainsaw
@everyone

Is there a downside?

Would it still be useless at the highest levels?

Conversation welcome.

(Assassins don't body shot)  ;)



Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

FirekidJayZBustaShadowWalkerJacky2332

Comments

  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 640
    What power do you speak of? It doesn't have any power. How does it charge when it doesn't do body shots? They built this game to revolve around charges and stuns. And to a lesser extent fire. 

    If assassins bow did %damage of total health and criticals did a higher %damage of total health, that'd be different.
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,053
    edited June 15
    What power do you speak of? It doesn't have any power. How does it charge when it doesn't do body shots?
    It has increased base dmg and piercing so charging on BS is not a viable option.

    @ATLAS-Z Tactical could be good. Or 100% TR on any kill, not only charge attack, so essentially improved Hunting Bow. Or 100% fire while still being silent would be even better, especially with Haggie.
    Currently we don't have any silent incendiary shooter weapons.
    Thoughts?
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 363
    The flaming crossbow should obviously be the silent incendiary. Change piercing to lethal with no body shots and then the power could actually be a factor. It definitely wouldn’t break the game given the prevalent body shot strategy, but could bring a kill-based approach back to ranged. Give it to Aaron with Shane leading? More benefit to non-end gamers, most likely. 
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,835
    I don’t see why it not. We have the morning star which is guarenteed non bodyshot on target and has push mechanic. It doesn’t have cripple so no downside there, can only hit one target and doesn’t have tactical. Maybe if the devs thought it was going to be overpowered they could limit it so that it was only guaranteed no bodyshot if you haven’t moved but not sure it would need that limitation. Can’t see it helping that much at the highest levels but would give this midgamers a massive boost and also might actually get people to use some critical chance badges. 
    Burmeliinis
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,834
    CC badges... Hmm what's the % on CA without body shot +Crit? Pretty high right? 



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 640
    What power do you speak of? It doesn't have any power. How does it charge when it doesn't do body shots?
    It has increased base dmg and piercing so charging on BS is not a viable option.
    That was kind of my point. It's weak-sauce.
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,834
    What power do you speak of? It doesn't have any power. How does it charge when it doesn't do body shots?
    It has increased base dmg and piercing so charging on BS is not a viable option.
    That was kind of my point. It's weak-sauce.
    Bro Sasha all the time every Mission is weak sauce

    Body shots as the only top tier strat is weak sauce

    Take a walk with me and try to imagine other options  :*



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,834
    Firekid said:
    I don’t see why it not. We have the morning star which is guarenteed non bodyshot on target and has push mechanic. It doesn’t have cripple so no downside there, can only hit one target and doesn’t have tactical. Maybe if the devs thought it was going to be overpowered they could limit it so that it was only guaranteed no bodyshot if you haven’t moved but not sure it would need that limitation. Can’t see it helping that much at the highest levels but would give this midgamers a massive boost and also might actually get people to use some critical chance badges. 

    Kind of what I was thinking. I don't see this as being a massive boost to the end game especially with the reigning Body Shot mechanics, but it could open some new doors if you know what I mean Jelly Bean



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

  • BustaBusta Member Posts: 58
    yea that bow is basically rendered 100% useless at the moment with the cripple bow or even flare being the must go to weapon. So changing this one to a non body shot weapon and increasing the damage greater would potentially bring its value to the party....

    Im all for it, but would have to be included in the BM or GW rewards as i don't think anyone would actually buy it.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,834
    @Busta I think this would be a case where they could just retune the original weapon similar to the way they did with the original harpoon and Original Dragon tongue.

    No money in it for them and would just be a gesture of good faith



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 787
    Can they also do this for the "Deadly" Spike, or is it best we just forget that ever happened?
    dalmerBusta[Deleted User]ghost_pepper
  • BustaBusta Member Posts: 58
    ATLAS-Z said:
    @Busta I think this would be a case where they could just retune the original weapon similar to the way they did with the original harpoon and Original Dragon tongue.

    No money in it for them and would just be a gesture of good faith
    I would hope the would retune it but I highly doubt they will. Remember the silent harpoon fiasco 😂 
    ATLAS-Z[Deleted User]ghost_pepper
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,834
    Busta said:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    @Busta I think this would be a case where they could just retune the original weapon similar to the way they did with the original harpoon and Original Dragon tongue.

    No money in it for them and would just be a gesture of good faith
    I would hope the would retune it but I highly doubt they will. Remember the silent harpoon fiasco 😂 


    AHHHHHHH



    Delete that comment quick! Lol



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

    Busta
Sign In or Register to comment.