Yumiko - Is she overpowered

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,014
    Firekid said:
    @WellyLuga but it would only be chance of one charge point from firing squad (Sasha and princess leader trait wouldn’t be active). You could still take advantage of that team by having her in lead, if princess or Sasha missed a charge point last turn you might get them charged up which would be really helpful. But your also be able to use her with Haggie or another shooter and maybe Shane and still get charge points. She’d be the Sasha/rick of shooters. Particularly using two shooters one with cripple one with fire. Would bring actual variety and also mean that piercing weapons wouldn’t be a no go. Might even want to use a crit chance badge here or there. The increased damage part of her trait would actually be useful. You could still use her in a spy team to have a chance to gain that vital missed charge point from the last round. It would just mean that you could use her to keep Sasha and princess charged every turn. 

Interesting, it is still tough to get behind any sort of buff to a hero who we have basically established is pretty overpowered. You do make a good point though! I just think it wouldn't change much, instead we would still use the same OP team but would actually be stronger since every time Yumiko shot Princess/Sasha would charge even faster than they do now. Princess in particular would have 3 rolls to get charged.
    JayZ
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    Have 2 rolls to gain 1 charge point and then on her attack have her usual charge chance. I understand your saying people are used to using it now, but that’s even more reason to change it sooner rather than later. Before it becomes to ingrained and becomes another wrestler “nerf”. 
    Anyway, it’s all a moot point and I won’t get to use her amazing leadertrait (effectively) with anyone other than princess and Sasha because NG won’t change it anytime soon and then it’ll be too late. 
  • rapidsagiirapidsagii Member Posts: 18
    Yumiko X2 calls today
    This is happening fast. Expected the X2 calls next month. Guess NG is losing sooooooo much in tools income that NG have to nerf Yumiko ASAP.

#speculation
    ShadowWalkerborneokid[Deleted User]
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 570
    People need to realise Firekid doesn’t want her nerves. Just tweaked
    it amazes me how many people enjoy an easier approach to the game. Probably the same people you put in cheat codes when you were a kid just to play instead of enjoying the journey 
    ADPaqdalmerFirekidRiotZappaJayZ[Deleted User][Deleted User]borneokidn00bladre5AngelspitAnjeloswmsChrisScorpio
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    JayZ said:
    it amazes me how many people enjoy an easier approach to the game. Probably the same people you put in cheat codes when you were a kid just to play instead of enjoying the journey 
    Some of us enjoy not playing a slot machine and hoping for the perfect spawn and walker movements in every map. It's nice to be in control of our own fate instead of dumping gold on retrying. Doesn't mean we cheated in video games as kids.

Well that's 100% true.

That JayZ... Always with the right words

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 570
    JayZ said:
    Some of us enjoy not playing a slot machine and hoping for the perfect spawn and walker movements in every map. It's nice to be in control of our own fate instead of dumping gold on retrying. Doesn't mean we cheated in video games as kids.
    C’mon brother, mate my cheat code joke is just a bit of banter. It’s not to be taken so literally ha
    JayZ
    I think in a couple months people will be bored shitless of using the same teams but for now it is actually quite nice reaching the nightmare levels without dumping gold. Like Jeff says, the feeling of clearing a map the majority of the time because of your own choices rather than the game's is so refreshing right now.
    brucewayne007TCBRITO
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    JayZ said:
    C’mon brother, mate my cheat code joke is just a bit of banter. It’s not to be taken so literally ha
    Sorry bud, haha. Sarcasm/jokes are sometimes hard to read on text 😂
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ShadowWalkerbrucewayne007FuriousMoldovanwms
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    Haha giving away my age. 43 this year.
    [Deleted User]brucewayne007
    edited June 29

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    SPC_TORRES
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,277
    edited June 29
    ATLAS-Z said:
    ↑"Feeling bored tonight? What are you waiting for, call now!” 😏😇🤣
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    ShadowWalker
    edited June 29
    duplicate, delete
    We Are TWD 😎
    edited June 23
    @FuriousMoldovan

Not a phone number, someone will get it

Our page :

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovanSPC_TORRES
    @ATLAS-Z
    Jokes are hard to read through text, indeed

We Are TWD 😎
    ShadowWalker[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    edited June 29

this on easier

SPC_TORRESShadowWalker
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,017
    edited June 29
    ATLAS-Z said:
    @FuriousMoldovan

Not a phone number, someone will get it

he was young then
    GovernatorATLAS-ZHawaii
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,017
    edited June 29
    Crocodile said:

this on easier

Not sure, think you LOST me on that one, but sure I have seen those numbers someplace before 
    [Deleted User]ShadowWalkerHawaii
    Interesting, my 1 charge attack per turn idea was implemented. I don't think it will change things an awful lot except for when there are multiple heavies on the map but should time things down slightly.
    WellyLuga said:
    Interesting, my 1 charge attack per turn idea was implemented. I don't think it will change things an awful lot except for when there are multiple heavies on the map but should time things down slightly.
    how to use charge atack twice per one move? 
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Crocodile said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Sasha Root, Yumiko charge attack to recharge Sasha, Sasha Root again, Yumiko regular attack to recharge Sasha, Sasha Root again, Sasha normal attack. Can be even more if Yumiko is leading and you have a third survivor shooting.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    edited June 24
    JayZ said:
    Crocodile said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Sasha Root, Yumiko charge attack to recharge Sasha, Sasha Root again, Yumiko regular attack to recharge Sasha, Sasha Root again, Sasha normal attack. Can be even more if Yumiko is leading and you have a third survivor shooting.
    Not to mention if you start throwing grenades/blasts. I think it was worked out that you could potentially root up to 8 times in one turn with Yumiko in lead alongside Sasha and another shooter.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    WellyLuga said:
    The idea makes sense, but I really think it should've been 2 charge attacks per turn. There are other ways to fully charge up before your turn ends besides using Yumiko, and now those strategies have been unnecessarily nerfed.
    Rohlikzauchem
    oh, well so many abusers above  :D
    ShadowWalker
    edited June 24
    WellyLuga said:
    The idea makes sense, but I really think it should've been 2 charge attacks per turn. There are other ways to fully charge up before your turn ends besides using Yumiko, and now those strategies have been unnecessarily nerfed.
    Well that was why I suggested it because the other way is with tools. So it is a nice nerf to those too since 1 per survivor per turn will change very little. The main reason I suggested it was because there was a really cool event where ranged survivors charged up with -1 charge points and we haven't seen it since because shooters caused havoc :lol:.

SPY should still be really powerful since you can root something, stun all around you and be charged up for the next turn. It will just take a little longer to navigate the map and will be tougher when engaging more than one heavy walker.
    ATLAS-Zghost_pepper
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    WellyLuga said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Well that was why I suggested it because the other way is with tools. So it is a nice nerf to those too since 1 per survivor per turn will change very little. The main reason I suggested it was because there was a really cool event where ranged survivors charged up with -1 charge points and we haven't seen it since because shooters caused havoc :lol:.
    There are other ways besides tools, although admittedly they're not as effective or reliable as tools or Yumiko. 

For example, you get one person a second charge attack if you're lucky with transferring charge points with Rick. Also plenty of combos can be made with prowling, ss/crescent edge, Haggie, Michonne.
    WellyLuga
  • wmswms Member Posts: 89
    It seems to me that i just got Princess and Yukimo almost to a point that they have a chance to be part of a good team  with Sasha. But it won't be in time to use before the changes happen.   Guess i probably wasted all that time, $, and effort.   Will be interesting to see if it  continues to be a melee focused game after a certain level.  It seems to me that the shooter, hunter, assault groups are pretty much worthless against walkers after about level of 35 (if not sooner).  Yeah, some have their uses in some maps but limited. 
    ATLAS-Z