Yumiko - Is she overpowered

12346»

Comments

• n00bn00b Member Posts: 57
    wms said:
    It seems to me that i just got Princess and Yukimo almost to a point that they have a chance to be part of a good team  with Sasha. But it won't be in time to use before the changes happen.   Guess i probably wasted all that time, $, and effort.   Will be interesting to see if it  continues to be a melee focused game after a certain level.  It seems to me that the shooter, hunter, assault groups are pretty much worthless against walkers after about level of 35 (if not sooner).  Yeah, some have their uses in some maps but limited. 
    These changes don't nerf too hard ranged teams, SPY will still be the top tier team.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,000
    edited June 28
    It doesn't change the way that the team functions. You will still be able to stun everything around you, root a tank/spike and then attack with Yumiko to recharge both to repeat the next turn. The only thing you can't do is root 2-3+ times in a single turn, it might become a problem in late challenge maps where there are multiple heavies and it might just take you a little longer to work your way through a map 1 charge at a time but it will mostly be unaffected.
    Cronus
  • wmswms Member Posts: 89
    edited June 29
    I get it. Guess i thought it would be fun and interesting to experience blowing away walkers using ongoing charges.  My Spy team was never strong enough to accomplish this.  You got to be able to kill walkers to charge up. It sure looked like fun on you tubes.   Instead I'll just keep getting my ass kicked in higher levels. Lols.   
    brucewayne007
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,163
    edited June 29

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    Someone just pull the measuring tape already. 😅
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • Shezza10Shezza10 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 29
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 126

Hi everyone,

I’d like to quickly jump in here and remind everyone that this conversation has not only gone off topic, but also into a topic that is not allowed on the forum. In reference to our forum rules/guidelines here (https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16495/forum-rules-guidelines):

The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:

1. Cheating, hacking, game exploits. Talking or discussing cheating, hacking or game exploits. This also includes discussion on how to play NML on unsupported services or devices. (e.g. BlueStacks)

Please have a look through the rules/guidelines if you have forgotten them. I’ve now edited comments to not include anything in regards to the above topic. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thank you!

BillbamShadowWalkerTimboski
  • Jimmya77Jimmya77 Member Posts: 3
    wms said:
    I get it. Guess i thought it would be fun and interesting to experience blowing away walkers using ongoing charges.  My Spy team was never strong enough to accomplish this.  You got to be able to kill walkers to charge up. It sure looked like fun on you tubes.   Instead I'll just keep getting my ass kicked in higher levels. Lols.   
    You know that you don’t need to kill walkers to charge up when you have Sasha in lead?
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 868
    Maybe we are looking at this topic the wrong way. Why nerf anybody when we can buff/rebalance enemies or introduce new ones?

Some of these ideas will probably be unpopular but you can't deny they will shake up the gameplay:

Make Armored Walkers immune to status conditions from ranged attacks. They have bullet proof armor so it makes sense they have some sort of immunity right? Perhaps they should still be able to get lit on fire, but you can't root/stun/cripple them with SPY. This will encourage the use of other teams to herd, or stun with push weapons and bruisers.

Maybe lower the chance of body shot from attacking high level walkers from 100% to 80% for normal walkers. Obviously this hurts Sasha a little, but it will help close the gap for other teams.

New walker type Crawlers (move one space, low health and damage), since they're on the ground you have to be next to them to attack, which encourages the use of melee. 

Firekid
    Shezza10 said:
    My apologies for talking about my childhood memories on the forum. I think it was pretty clear I wasn’t talking about this game in any way, however it was definitely ‘off topic’.

Yeah same here @Lexia

My NES and game genie memories is all

Cheers

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    Shezza10wms
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 729
    Shezza10 said:
    My apologies for talking about my childhood memories on the forum. I think it was pretty clear I wasn’t talking about this game in any way, however it was definitely ‘off topic’.
    In continuing my NES nostalgia, I'll go from chatting about the awesomeness of zelda to the awesomeness of a super difficult side scroller called contra. Luckily, it was released by konomi...

Yumiko and konomi. 

That's all i have to say about that.
    Crawlers should just have a built in 50% miss chance when attacked at range. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Crawlers should just have a built in 50% miss chance when attacked at range. 
    Because the 20% dodge on fast walkers went down so well 😂. 
    I know it’s different as these move less and can’t dodge melee but still, ‘Tis dangerous thinking  this is something that will make the game harder and we know the masses don’t like that.
    FuriousMoldovanATLAS-Z
    We are looking at this topic the wrong way indeed, but not the way you think.
    All Yumiko did is closed the gap between melee and ranged teams.

Just the way Scouts class rebuff, introduction of SRick, HDaryl, Spear and other melee gear closed the huge advantage of ranged teams long ago.

Not more, not less.

We Are TWD 😎
    RiotZappaCaptainslayer
    Capricorn must be in retrograde.
    Governator
    Jimmya77 said:
    wms said:
    You know that you don’t need to kill walkers to charge up when you have Sasha in lead?
    Thanks for replying. Obviously I need to continue practicing with the SPY team.  I did just review Sasha leadership trait again and noted body shots linked to charge. Opps.  I watched a prime player in a challenge map preform very well in an youtube.  I took the same team. same weapons, and copied moves as closely as possible. My team could not charged up quickly enough and missions failed. The only difference was lucky was a trait one of my survivors lacked and SPY team had less pink stars.  So maybe that was the issue.
    Regarding the other issue, there were some off topic and maybe what i just wrote is off topic. Dont think so but not sure. Regarding the Forbidden Words ..there was no intent.

Just the way Scouts class rebuff, introduction of SRick, HDaryl, Spear and other melee gear closed the huge advantage of ranged teams long ago.

Not more, not less.

There you go again saying she closed the gap for range teams. She didn’t. It’s the same range team we were always using just much easier. Try using yumiko without Sasha or princess at high level and tell me how much she closed the gap with range. 
    Shezza10dalmerborneokid
    Firekid said:

Not more, not less.

There you go again saying she closed the gap for range teams. She didn’t. It’s the same range team we were always using just much easier. Try using yumiko without Sasha or princess at high level and tell me how much she closed the gap with range. 
    And I will say it again and again.
    Do I really have to spell out the definition of "closed the gap"? Yumi made ranged team stronger and easier to use - hence, "closed the gap" or made a difference in difficulty, feasibility, and strength of ranged team vs melee team smaller on some maps. She made ranged team more relevant for wider lvl spectrum.
    And it's a good thing!

And why would you use Yumi without Sasha or Princess? I assumed that as an experienced player you already understood it and I don't have to explicitly mention that I won't use Yumi without Sasha or Princess on a team.

So yes - she did close the gap between overpowered melee and underpowered ranged.
    We Are TWD 😎
    TimboskiMalarkyADPaqRiotZappadalmerambience
    But yumi could make a wide variety of ranged survivors useful and allow different variations of teams.  Not just making an existing team (Sasha assault) stronger. I mean at 50+ before yumiko it was all ranged anyway, Sasha and two assaults or Sasha, assault Shane. It’s not really changed that at all. Expect rarely use Shane anymore… 

If she has been released with my suggestion of her leader trait change, rather than what it has been released as, what would your reaction have been? If having a full charged assault every turn was never an option. Would you have said she was rubbish? Would you have been excited to use her? Honest question. 
    Anjelosdalmer
    edited July 1
    And that was exactly my point.
    Before Yumiko, any ranged team was pretty much irrelevant on lower levels since you can accomplish pretty much everything faster with melee up to lvl 45-47. And only at 45-47+ Sasha team came into play.
    But now she made ranged team effective not only on higher lvls but below 45 as well. And yes, of course she's useful only in combination with others. Not a single hero is useful in isolation, it's always about maximizing a combination of heroes' LTs on a team.
    With exception of Rosita of course... with her - you Need Only One 😏
    We Are TWD 😎
    RiotZappa
    God I used to hate hate HATE sanctuary...

This is AWESOME

:smiley:

Our page :

Send me a PM
    RiotZappaFuriousMoldovan
    wms said:
    Jimmya77 said:
    wms said:
    Thanks for replying. Obviously I need to continue practicing with the SPY team.  I did just review Sasha leadership trait again and noted body shots linked to charge. Opps.  I watched a prime player in a challenge map preform very well in an youtube.  I took the same team. same weapons, and copied moves as closely as possible. My team could not charged up quickly enough and missions failed. The only difference was lucky was a trait one of my survivors lacked and SPY team had less pink stars.  So maybe that was the issue.
    Regarding the other issue, there were some off topic and maybe what i just wrote is off topic. Dont think so but not sure. Regarding the Forbidden Words ..there was no intent.
    You've gotta have the Lucky trait. Someone like sasha or princess (or a character playing under them as the leader) has to have Lucky to increase their charging chances. If you don't have that then you are handicapping yourself unnecessarily. 

Also, sasha and princess charge a little differently. Sasha needs to hit quantity, more walkers = better chance of charging.

Princess should hit quality. Have her target walkers with a status effect (stunned is the big one) instead of a regular normal walker. Unless I'm completely and totally wrong, princess now has 2 chances to charge, first on the stunned status effect, second on if it was a body shot. I haven't actually looked that closely. I managed to get Lucky onto her very early and haven't looked back. It just works. I don't need to know the how or the why, I simply know that it does.  
    ATLAS-ZPasteSPC_TORRESwms
    Thanks Ghost Pepper.  I'm really taken a liking to those lucky traits.  But shuuu, don't tell the head office people.  I promise it's not overpowered.  lols   Finally today got the last lucky trait on SPY.  It took numerous reroll attempts on Princess over a few weeks.  Also just got some tokens for Yumiko, but I'm afraid to use them.  She already kills instead of stun which seems problematic.  I am playing lower levels than the known SPY experts.  I can go only to about 39 at the most. I did practiced with the spy team on challenge Sanctuary and Outbreak.  It was fun some of the time. lols  Used a couple of meds for healing (which I don't normally use in challenges) when a charge would fail and Princess would get hit usually at the the end of a run and there were fewer walkers.  Too bad Sasha got nerfed just as I got her to level 7.  Got the message once in challenge that her charge per turn was used up. We will see how it  plays  out.
  • ultimateevil13ultimateevil13 Member Posts: 26
    still to strong.
    Assault must have 6 ChargePoints in combine with Yumiko 
    FuriousMoldovanghost_pepperAnjeloswms
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,016
     I managed to get Lucky onto her very early and haven't looked back. It just works. I don't need to know the how or the why, I simply know that it does.  
    Sorry @ghost_pepper , made me think of Joe Dirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E6IfdUJn6s

i do agree with you 

ghost_pepperwms
     I managed to get Lucky onto her very early and haven't looked back. It just works. I don't need to know the how or the why, I simply know that it does.  
    Sorry @ghost_pepper , made me think of Joe Dirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E6IfdUJn6s

i do agree with you 

I've come to realize that no matter how much i think i know about this game, there are players that know WAY more, more than the devs do. So i get really cautious about explaining stuff I'm less than 100% on. I'll puff out my chest amd flex when it comes to grinding tomatos or badge crafting but that's it.

It's rediculous how knowledgeable the discord server as a whole is. If you want to learn this game inside and out, hang there.
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 114
    I just tried SPY on level 43 Kill Room, and can confirm that you need to be skilled to get past the first round of walker attacks even if Princess gets charged by Yumiko's initial attack :smile:

wms