Who likes the new challenge scoring?

Who likes the new challenge scoring? 29 votes

Yes
79%
TheCrabJayZTroublemakerATLAS-ZMaD VapoRalbaniansurvivorADPaqn00bWellyLugahunter_xWhoareyouRikreveenRiotZappaTCBRITOVerdao1914IcePeterHellnightXeRoghost_pepper 23 votes
No
20%
FirekidTux77AntonioGreekWarriorAnjelosbrucewayne007Gallifrey 6 votes

Comments

• IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    Yes
    What’s the new challenge scoring?
    wmsMalarkyGovernatorrelb67
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 391
    Yes
    I'm assuming the OP is referring to the max score achievable in a challenge, but I could be wrong.
  • Shezza10Shezza10 Member Posts: 38
    Yes
    I voted Yes based on ‘scoring’ alone. The scoring works fine it’s the format that doesn’t work. Agree completely with Firekid here and a simple step of adding another star to each map for going tool free will be a simple solution that won’t break the game.
    hunter_xTCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,164
    edited June 30
    Yes
    "Yes" as in I like this scoring better than the endless challenge of yesterday

And

"No" because the top 50 needs some attention to sort out the ties

(and no I don't want more added to the challenge at 70 or whatever, esp with a new game mode coming.) @Firekid

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FirekidTCBRITO
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,267
    That reminds me of this guy 😆

Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    Yes
    I wanna say No
    But I've no idea what has been change though
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    Yes
    IcePeter said:
    Yes, because I love seeing all the hyper-competitive types freaking out that they have to share their spot on the leaderboard 😝

did they exist for real?
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 733
    edited July 4
    Yes
    Firekid said:
    So you are both putting yes your happy then saying it should be changed? 

I’ve put no because I hate the pressure I put on myself to go clear, I hate the fact if I have a busy week and can’t get max round passes then I have no chance of a max score. 
    I dislike the fact the leaderboards are pretty much pointless now. That pretty much anyone who is usual top 50, with enough tools, can go clear each and every week. 
    I dislike the difficulty jump at round 72 that makes the challenge almost impossible without tools to go 3 star, but with tools most maps are relatively easy at that difficulty. 
    I would love to see a bonus star for no tools used. Round passes to be capped so no more are gained after getting 23. 
    add another 10 rounds so you play all 6 maps at the difficulty set at round 70 and then 71. Then increase as it currently does to end of challenge. I would love for nightmare to start earlier but not sure how that would work without making it much harder for those who don’t normally get to nightmare. 

This is really good feedback and I hope @Lexia considers this. I see two types of general feedback and this reflects one of them. The harder stuff at the end should somehow be harder and/or have more of a way to differentiate play. Measuring tools used in anyway (with extra stars or with a visible counter) would be a great way to measure this so players can compare their play to each others.

The other type of feedback is from players like me. End game (at level 75) and pushing reasonable levels of difficulty that establish "average" play. Players like me push for 2025 to get to the reroll tokens, or to 2100 stars to get the sasha tokens, or to 2550 stars to get the eugene tokens, and then almost never to the srick or sdaryl tokens. (Srick and sdaryl tokes are their own range players stop too, just a much smaller pool of players that push for this each week.) There are HUGE gaps all over the challenge star reward chart and this needs to be addressed. Players get lazy and bored after reaching sasha tokens or reaching eugene tokens. There is no desire "to push" and use time and gas, or even gold and tools, just to go a few hundred more stars when there are no appealing rewards for doing so. 

I hear this ALL the time. I heard this before making it into either of the sash and eugene brackets of common weekly play. I will continue to repeat it to others. This is such common knowledge that any reasonably stacked guild will show it's leader board reflecting this. Players stop at these areas, because why bother? More round passes means next week starts getting more difficult sooner. It's easier to stay in the bracket you're in if you don't push out of the bracket you're in. This creates the experience of players simply coasting, which is boring. 

Players might do one or two easy mm's after 2100 and 2550 but then we stop. And it's boring. And it shouldn't be boring. So please put more rewards in and rewards that matter because those stupid pink random boxes that contain useless crap don't interest us either.
    FirekidIcePeter
    Yes
    Firekid said:
    So you are both putting yes your happy then saying it should be changed? 
    In specific response to you, I said 'Yes' to the poll because it's about challenge scoring. I'm thinking more about the cap. Maybe some few players liked "breaking" the game and cycling the challenges endlessly. That mode of scoring presents no "ending" experience that players can aspire to reach. Now, there's an end. 

I don't like that you can't fully reach the end without having reached the end the previous week. Maybe one day I'll complete round 80 but probably not. And almost certainly never 2 weeks in a row. I don't have the skills, time, tools, gold, gas, money, or desire for this game to do that. How does NG entice someone like me into staying interested and maybe playing longer and maybe spending money during that time? The ending aspect is important. That's about the score. But they do have to make other changes too.
    FirekidShezza10Hellnight
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 149
    Finir le défis c'est une bonne idée, ça permet de faire autre chose que de jouer.

Mais cela dit je trouve ça quand même abuser que NG enlève les double dire en 1 tour du jeu!
  • AnjelosAnjelos Member Posts: 31
    No
    Where is the fun in new challenge scoring ? With game getting easier and easier all the times , i would agree in everything @Firekid sayed , plus i would like a super extreme mode (Another 80 rounds maybe?) with autospawn added every turn to make  it intresting . Challenge is booooooooring ATM. Just a new distance with more missions .
    brucewayne007
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,164
    Yes
    @Anjelos the same could be said of the Guild Wars

Distance with choices of rewards

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FirekidADPaqRiotZappa
    Yes
    You know what would silence all the bitching about easy challenge? Force players to use 2nd tier and 3rd tier heros. Once you finish round 80, cycle through heros and 1 random hero at a time MUST be used. So you either do it on the MM or on a solo. And then when you use that random hero, a new one pops up for the next map use. This can be a competition seperated from the regular challenge. 

And have a 2nd leaderboard specific to 1) how many stars players get in this second part of challenge and 2) how many successful missions and/or mm's are passed. 

If you get a mele when you wanted ranged, or vice-versa, then TOO BAD!!! Hahaha!! Use some tools and figure it out!! Someone else got a better random hero draw? I guess they win the ranking that week. 

Call it the circus leaderboard and the clown ranking.
    Killdozer187_
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,005
    Yes
    FFS, another 80 rounds? May as well just revert to the previous endless rolling challenge 😂
    FuriousMoldovanKilldozer187_ADPaq
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 480
    You know what would silence all the bitching about easy challenge? Force players to use 2nd tier and 3rd tier heros. Once you finish round 80, cycle through heros and 1 random hero at a time MUST be used. So you either do it on the MM or on a solo. And then when you use that random hero, a new one pops up for the next map use. This can be a competition seperated from the regular challenge. 

And have a 2nd leaderboard specific to 1) how many stars players get in this second part of challenge and 2) how many successful missions and/or mm's are passed. 

If you get a mele when you wanted ranged, or vice-versa, then TOO BAD!!! Hahaha!! Use some tools and figure it out!! Someone else got a better random hero draw? I guess they win the ranking that week. 

Call it the circus leaderboard and the clown ranking.
    When you use $50 in tools just so you can reach the extra 25 Drive-by Darryl tokens at the nosebleed challenge levels:
    brucewayne007RiotZappa