Cruel Summer weapons

Should I spend my gold for these weapons?  Will these weapons be better than the current best warrior weapons?  Thank you.

Comments

• IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 397
    The 2000 point one likely replaces chainsaw and the bruiser weapon likely replaces festive Lucille, but we don’t know yet whether either will be game-changers. Luke’s Mace has a better chance of being elite due to the cripple mechanic.
    FuriousMoldovanAngelspitbrucewayne007ghost_pepper
  • HawaiiHawaii Member Posts: 46
    Thank you
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    IcePeter said:
    The 2000 point one likely replaces chainsaw and the bruiser weapon likely replaces festive Lucille, but we don’t know yet whether either will be game-changers. Luke’s Mace has a better chance of being elite due to the cripple mechanic.
    I agree with the Bruiser weapon, it should definitely replace the Lucille bat. 
    The Chainsaw though….. that’s a tough one to replace. It’s just another unique weapon. 
    I’m excited about them though. I like playing with new weapons, good or bad :) 
    cheers
  • HawaiiHawaii Member Posts: 46
    Thank you
  • iosononeganiosononegan Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2021
    Michonne & Obsidian Ripper. Why no action point after killing an enemy with the bonus attack?
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 307
    The Ripper is a colossal disappointment. I regret upgrading it 3x. My Beta with the Morning Star is much more effective for killing walkers vs the Ripper. Another campaign weapon fail right up there with the Deadly Spike.
    ghost_pepperMudMoccasinATLAS-Z
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 993
    And Obsidian Ripper could've been so much cooler. I don't expect they can save OR by increasing the attack base stat but that would be a big help. Increasing the base stat would help the lower and mid range of players much much more. The highest range of players would get no benefit from this because warrior class without stuns aren't used outside of recycling charge attacks on nightmare distance.

There's been an informal challenge developing on the community discord server about higher level double warrior/morning star play to get through maps. No one is going to use Obsidian Ripper for it. When I say increasing the base stat won't  break the game I know what I'm talking about.

Increase base stat for OR please! @Lexia
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 695
    Looks cool.... that's about it.
    Morning Star > Obsidian Ripper 
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,474
    They built so much around body shots

Before body shots, there was endless play without spending much gold.

Then they introduce body shots to stop it.

Then gradually they start to introduce ways to get past the negative of a body shot...

Piercing, razor, Sasha, morning star etc etc etc...

Then we once again have endless play...

So then they cap the challenge...

No more endless play. But we still have body shots? Hmmmmm... 

Get rid of body shots and the the whole bag opens back up again. (sorry sasha). 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 960
    The Ripper is a colossal disappointment. I regret upgrading it 3x. My Beta with the Morning Star is much more effective for killing walkers vs the Ripper. Another campaign weapon fail right up there with the Deadly Spike.
    Of course the Morningstar is better, but not being as good as the best weapon for warriors doesn't mean it's on Deadly Spike Trash level. Keep in mind most players are F2P and they only have one Morningstar, so the question for most players will be if the Obsidian Ripper is good enough to equip if you want to use a second or third warrior. I would say yes it is, especially if it's charged warrior week, I've seen some nice power numbers with Rick in the lead. 
    Paste
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,000
    I managed to use it quite successfully in the distance on a kill 20 map. On jesus started charged, used his charge attack to kill 3 walkers, the used rick to weaken a solitary walker that auto spawned jesus then finished it off and got fully charged. Repeated that 3 or 4 times and then went to exit. It’s not better than the morning star, and has a different use to the dragons tongue but much better than any weapon that can be found for free in chests. 
    AngelspitATLAS-ZMudMoccasinShezza10
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,597
    edited July 2021
    Hawaii said:
    Should I spend my gold for these weapons?  Will these weapons be better than the current best warrior weapons?  Thank you.
    Only the Luke's Mace is worth it imo. It should pretty much replace Festive Lucille as a superior weapon.

PS: if you're F2P - Ripper could be a decent warrior weapon option.
    P2P MS is still the best though.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide