Body Shots

Are body shots just a fact of NML life?  I’m not understanding strategy to get around body shots.  Is there one?  Weapon traits?Is there a definition of body shot other than the words above heads? Thank you.

Comments

• ElsbethElsbeth Member Posts: 88
    Firekid said:
    Bodyshots are a fact of life for the game, they become more frequent as you get up against walkers which are higher level than you and become 100% when you reach walkers +5 levels higher unless you have traits or leader traits to give you a chance of a non bodyshot.
    piercing(range) and razer(melee) are weapon traits that give a 40%/45% chance of a non bodyshot respectively. The morning star and RPG’s main target are always non bodyshot and alphas leader trait will also boosts range teams piercing chance. 
    The chance of a bodyshot is calculated first and if it is a bodyshot no other modifiers are taken into account such as critical chance. 
    All classes charge attacks are guaranteed critical hits. 
    Sasha’s leader trait actually relies on bodyshots to activate so they aren’t all bad.  
    You can also find more information about this in jayz’s guide which is pinned to the top of the forum. 
    Thank you.  
  • SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 19
    Firekid said:
    All classes charge attacks are guaranteed critical hits.

JayZ's guide, which you also mention, says this:
    JayZ said:

- Assault damage is too low to make it worth using Critical Damage badges. Their charged move is also NOT a guaranteed critical attack, so it's even less worth it.

It's in this post. Is that bit of information outdated?
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,277
    edited July 20
    @Saturn
    JayZ's guide has correct info.
    Assault and Bruiser classes charge attacks are not guaranteed crits.
    I think @Firekid just misspoke.

Only Festive Lucille on bruiser has guaranteed crit in 3 space arc on first charge attack and extra attack is not guaranteed crit.
    Luke's Mace for bruisers will have guaranteed crits too on first charge in 5 space arc.

EDIT: all classes charged attacks are guaranteed hits since December 2019
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    edited July 20
    @FuriousMoldovan that was changed a while back after the inclusion of fast walkers. All classes charge attacks are guaranteed crits now. 
    FuriousMoldovanghost_pepper
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,277
    @Firekid
    December 2019! Golly, that's almost 2 years ago, I guess I missed this announcement.
    And NG still failed to update this info in-game after 2 years. Thanks man!

@Saturn
    I stand corrected then: all classes charge attacks are guaranteed crits since 2019 and other info is outdated.
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
  • SaturnSaturn Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the clarification! :)
    It must have changed shortly after JayZ wrote that post then; seeing as he wrote it at the beginning of the month. The update probably dropped 1-2 weeks later or so.