Last Stand game mode - Official Feedback thread

Comments

• veadabaveadaba Member Posts: 19
    Fluxxx said:
    Hey guys!

Thank you all for providing so much feedback in a short time! There's a lot for us to go through, but you can be sure that we will - and do not hesitate to keep it coming. Having read through all of this thread, and without going into specifics, we will consider and discuss ways to address most of the concerns brought up.

I will share with you now that we have another update that is not a long way away - however it will likely not contain changes based on the feedback you gave now. As many of you know, Season 11 of the show will be airing in late August (trailer is out! This season will be very interesting :)), so naturally, this update will be mainly focused on Season 11-related content. 

There may be some things that we might be able to iterate on, however I cannot make any promises because we will have to first focus on some of the more critical issues, such as the reload loops or issues with Shiva tokens not adding up. But we will do our best to make some changes that addresses your feedback. Of course, it won't end there, just to repeat what I said above, your feedback is very important to us and we will be taking it into consideration.

I hope this at least gives you some visibility on our side. I'm sure you've got more questions than I can answer now, perhaps when things are calmer and Lexia is back, we can organize an AMA on the forum :) 

For the time being, I hope you enjoy your weekends!

Dear @Fluxxx, is it possible fix damage reduction issue this week? Reloding issue I can wait, but now I can't advance challenge anymore because of dealing half damage. Next week GW is coming and I do need Sasha. Thanks.

ShadowWalker
  • ZKillerDKZKillerDK Member Posts: 44
    Help! Can't find the right tread, but here goes. I want to save my game, but not sure what to do. When I try to save my current game, a lvl 1 game pop up or I can restore another game. Apparently I have multiple games, created years ago. But I would be very disappointed if I loose my lvl 71 game. Plz see pics. Thanks 
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 382
    Either remove tools usage in last stand or deduct 5k points from final score for every tool used. 
    ShadowWalkerBlackFambience
  • Jacky2332Jacky2332 Member Posts: 49
    Pls let us choose between Shiva or dog, don't force dog on us, make a choice box or something!! 
    Versyse
  • paeaeaeschpaeaeaesch Member Posts: 83
    ATLAS-Z said:
    @paeaeaesch careful the language you use.

Players of all different spending tiers have different skill levels. There are lots of people that spend money that are very skilled and statements like this tend to upset them. Rightly so. 

I know what you mean to say is:

"Can't we have just one game mode based on skill and skill alone with no other factors?" 

And the answer I think is, no. My guess. 
    Don't get me wrong, i didn't want to say that players who are willing to use tools are not skilled. I used (a reasonable amount of) tools myself, at least this week to try it. And i can say, even if i would have let them rain down i wouldn't be close to the top players scores. What upsets me is that the mode is designed only for that purpose...
    WellyLugaambienceSilverhawk
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,940
    @Jacky2332 unfortunately there is a problem with shiva tokens at the moment where they aren’t being allocated properly hence why they’ve temporarily removed them while they sort it out. 
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,184

Some scoring discrepancies here @Fluxxx

@Lexia

Small Potatoes I'm sure with everything you have to deal with but that 2K could make the difference in my position down the road

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ambience
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 681
    ZKillerDK said:
    Help! Can't find the right tread, but here goes. I want to save my game, but not sure what to do. When I try to save my current game, a lvl 1 game pop up or I can restore another game. Apparently I have multiple games, created years ago. But I would be very disappointed if I loose my lvl 71 game. Plz see pics. Thanks 
    Get in touch with support and tell them to bind the correct game file to the correct email. 
    ZKillerDK
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    edited July 31
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Arqueue said:

more modes, more tools used, more money spent, more income they get... more players disgruntled
    Next Games hasn't changed, they're a business here to make money, and we are the customer. 

You see, if you want more gaming with less tools, help me think of different ways we could spend our cash cuz in running out of ideas lol.

i'm no expert but here are just my thoughts

to be profitable in this kind of game like NML, so far 4 things in my mind - freshness, balancing, restriction and live PvP

1. freshness - always introduce lots of purchasable cosmetic apparels, hero/survivor customizations, fancy designs for the generic weapon and armor. this will keep the paying players (collectors, show offs, people who gets bored easily) invested in the game. e.g. Fortnite. also once in awhile, intro new hero, new trait, new maps, new tool, new mode etc. or revamp the existing stuff (in favour of players of cos)

2. balancing - apart from cosmetics and some others, things that can affect the leaderboard needs serious thought into balancing from the start. if a hero is too powerful, there goes the rest of your other heroes. same goes to special walkers. the art of balancing is so important to keep all players happy and invested. e.g. DOTA. is it too late for NML?

3. restriction - in some missions, players are allowed to choose any 3 heroes. but in some others, restrict the use to certain heroes if you need to progress to next stage. this will make even the most useless hero become useful. hardcore players will spend to improve Rosita fast in order to progress, for example. also, restriction can give a small bonus like, a must use combo of Zeke and Jerry during a mission

4. PvP - this is the most important factor. GW is not a PvP. there's no interaction between rivals. If it is, it would have more players than now. PvP brings in lots of money from cosmetics and customizations (e.g. Fortnite, ApexL) and tools. leaderboard climb and cosmetic show offs. however, i'm not sure implementing a turn-based game into PvP is easy or not

but for now, tools is still the main income and i dont disapprove. without it, NML will soon be gone. unlike games like Candy Crush, NML requires manpower to maintain

just my thoughts
    Kozdrama
  • KozdramaKozdrama Member Posts: 22
    edited July 31
    Arqueue said:
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Arqueue said:

more modes, more tools used, more money spent, more income they get... more players disgruntled
    Next Games hasn't changed, they're a business here to make money, and we are the customer. 

You see, if you want more gaming with less tools, help me think of different ways we could spend our cash cuz in running out of ideas lol.

i'm no expert but here are just my thoughts

to be profitable in this kind of game like NML, so far 4 things in my mind - freshness, balancing, restriction and live PvP

1. freshness - always introduce lots of purchasable cosmetic apparels, hero/survivor customizations, fancy designs for the generic weapon and armor. this will keep the paying players (collectors, show offs, people who gets bored easily) invested in the game. e.g. Fortnite. also once in awhile, intro new hero, new trait, new maps, new tool, new mode etc. or revamp the existing stuff (in favour of players of cos)

2. balancing - apart from cosmetics and some others, things that can affect the leaderboard needs serious thought into balancing from the start. if a hero is too powerful, there goes the rest of your other heroes. same goes to special walkers. the art of balancing is so important to keep all players happy and invested. e.g. DOTA. is it too late for NML?

3. restriction - in some missions, players are allowed to choose any 3 heroes. but in some others, restrict the use to certain heroes if you need to progress to next stage. this will make even the most useless hero become useful. hardcore players will spend to improve Rosita fast in order to progress, for example. also, restriction can give a small bonus like, a must use combo of Zeke and Jerry during a mission

4. PvP - this is the most important factor. GW is not a PvP. there's no interaction between rivals. If it is, it would have more players than now. PvP brings in lots of money from cosmetics and customizations (e.g. Fortnite, ApexL) and tools. leaderboard climb and cosmetic show offs. however, i'm not sure implementing a turn-based game into PvP is easy or not

but for now, tools is still the main income and i dont disapprove. without it, NML will soon be gone. unlike games like Candy Crush, NML requires manpower to maintain

just my thoughts
    You’re right, edited my post.  Apologies, I was just ranting after being so upset with the update, not you nor your goodwill thoughtful post.   
    Arqueue
  • CrowbarCrowbar Member Posts: 5
    geefer440 said:
    Major glitch, I am mid game and every time I attack the game reboots, constant cycle, can’t get out, can’t play game, I have turned off device and back on , still the same, very frustrating 
    I've got the same issue. Don't have a decent app to make a video of it. Sorry. At first I was able to sent an in game ticket. But now I get only less than a second in the game so I can't get to the Help menu to even sent a ticket. I also e-mailed support last night with this. The most annoying part is that I just can't play the challenge now nor do any daily quests etcetera.
    Hope you can set my account straight so I can just play the other game modes that do not screw up my game.
    Fluxxx said:
    For those who are getting the reload issues, did you happen to be idle for sometime before this happened?
    @mkspanker @veadaba

I was indeed idle by necessity. Had to get out of the train I was in and then ride back home on my bike.  :)  Idle for about 30 minutes or so.
    ambience
    veadaba said:
    Fluxxx said:
    Hey guys!

Thank you all for providing so much feedback in a short time! There's a lot for us to go through, but you can be sure that we will - and do not hesitate to keep it coming. Having read through all of this thread, and without going into specifics, we will consider and discuss ways to address most of the concerns brought up.

I will share with you now that we have another update that is not a long way away - however it will likely not contain changes based on the feedback you gave now. As many of you know, Season 11 of the show will be airing in late August (trailer is out! This season will be very interesting :)), so naturally, this update will be mainly focused on Season 11-related content. 

There may be some things that we might be able to iterate on, however I cannot make any promises because we will have to first focus on some of the more critical issues, such as the reload loops or issues with Shiva tokens not adding up. But we will do our best to make some changes that addresses your feedback. Of course, it won't end there, just to repeat what I said above, your feedback is very important to us and we will be taking it into consideration.

I hope this at least gives you some visibility on our side. I'm sure you've got more questions than I can answer now, perhaps when things are calmer and Lexia is back, we can organize an AMA on the forum :) 

Dear @Fluxxx, is it possible fix damage reduction issue this week? Reloding issue I can wait, but now I can't advance challenge anymore because of dealing half damage. Next week GW is coming and I do need Sasha. Thanks.

Personally I would be more helped fixing the reload issue. I can't play now at all. I keep being stuck in The Last Stand mode.
  • n00bn00b Member Posts: 60
    Since introduction of SPY people started using much less tools, so this game was designed to compensate that. Don't expect it to be pure competitive game mode without tools :smile:
    It is sad to see, that a lot of time has been spent on this and UI update, moreover, right now more time will be spend on fixing that. As the result we didn't get anything exciting in this update (at least for me). Just business....
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    edited July 31
    Kozdrama said:
    I think I’m entering the twilight zone….   You’re a marketing or commodity business management major in college, right?    Because I don’t understand how any of this will fix how disconnected the last update was to anyone playing the game for over a month.   This input is great for a new game.   But at this point in the maturity of this game,  with hardcore players that have  been playing this game for many years, none of this matters.   I’m not sure after all these years that this game is in a marketing position to do any of these new game marketing ploys to attract a new player base to join.   The existing players won’t think much of new cosmetic paid features, improving “has been” heros like Rosita, etc….  Over the fact the recent update has made negative play impacts, added pointless monotonous new time requirements, and make the game less fun.   It would be nice to see anything that improved game play, instead of irritating updates no one asked for.   So many great suggestions on the forums to what the player base would embrace and like to see…. I don’t see any of them in this update.   Only discouraging changes that are bugged, make negative impact on game play, and lag the game.

firstly, i'm replying to Atlas-Z cos he asked for different ways of spending cash for NG to profit. of cos, it has nothing to do with the Last Stand, the recent update and you, hence half of your comments are baseless

some hardcore players like you think NML only consists of them and only them. although influx is fewer than previous years, there are always new players joining the game and some of them are willing to spend on things like cosmetics

perhaps players like you are not interested in cosmetics, can you say the same to all other existing players or the new players? there are still existing players who are collectors. and if GW is live PvP, cosmetic sales will shoot up the roof

and if NG promote 'has been' Rosita by making her compulsory for example, in Challenge missions, will you give up progressing or start collecting her tokens since you are a hardcore player?

Kozdrama
  • ChrisScorpioChrisScorpio Member Posts: 32
    Arqueue said:
    just curious, has anyone receive flares and/or blast grenades as rewards after each attempt in the Last Stand?

I was getting
  • xeniiaxeniia Member Posts: 37
    As far as I can say there is no reporting of an issue with the Morning Star in this thread yet. 
    If one plays Last Stand with Beta and Morning Star there are no points for kills. There is no such a problem with Dragon Tongue. 
  • MisterLuneMisterLune Member Posts: 7
    Crowbar said:
    Fluxxx said:
    For those who are getting the reload issues, did you happen to be idle for sometime before this happened?
    @mkspanker @veadaba

I was indeed idle by necessity. Had to get out of the train I was in and then ride back home on my bike.  :)  Idle for about 30 minutes or so.
    Crowbar, This has happened to a handful of people including me, all when we left the game in the middle of a Last Stand run and came back to it later. The only option you have is to flee.

And get ready for the horrible bit... Several of us this happened to, the heroes that we were using when this reloading bug hits in last stand, those 3 heroes will PERMENANTLY have about 50% reduced damage. I really hope this "second half" of the bug doesn't affect you.

Yeah. Tickets have been sent, and some DMs sent to Fluxx. It's been 3 days now.
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 87
    I'm not sure I like this game mode. I have one ticket left and will use it this weekend. 
    But I'm not enthusiastic about this game mode.
    Not at all. I can explain why, but just read most of the negative reviews....I stand with those folks. 
    Kozdrama
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @Sg_Death NG/ @fluxx has chimed in here and on announcements but the message is buried so posting this again

Fluxxx said:
    Hey guys!

@MisterLune What are tickets? And how did you send? I just sent message to support, because I don't see where I can send tickets.

ATLAS-Z
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,281
    @veadaba
    "send a ticket" or "send a message" to in-game Support is the same thing.

Click Settings icon, then "Need Help", then message icon:

Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    Silverhawk
    edited August 1
    I got it, thanks a lot! I received reply from Support. I hope they can solve these issues.

FuriousMoldovan
    Crowbar said:
    Fluxxx said:
    @mkspanker @veadaba

Crowbar, This has happened to a handful of people including me, all when we left the game in the middle of a Last Stand run and came back to it later. The only option you have is to flee.

And get ready for the horrible bit... Several of us this happened to, the heroes that we were using when this reloading bug hits in last stand, those 3 heroes will PERMENANTLY have about 50% reduced damage. I really hope this "second half" of the bug doesn't affect you.

Yeah. Tickets have been sent, and some DMs sent to Fluxx. It's been 3 days now.
    Yeah I know fixing it is taking its sweet time. I can't flee. I don't have enough time to touch the confirm button before the game goes to reload screen again. I seriously have only about a second or part of a second before it switches to the loading screen. I haven't been able to play since friday night. And I was doing great in the challenge this week so I'm really disappointed that I'm unable to just get back to the camp to play the challenge.
  • Johnny_BJohnny_B Content Creator Posts: 162
    https://youtu.be/4fKIqvpPE2I

Hi @Fluxxx, you have probably already heard about this bug in last stand that freezes your game if you do not complete it in one go. My main game is now frozen in this loop (I have attached a video link). It would be great if you could let me know how to fix it so I can post a video sharing the fix. I have been locked out of my game for over a day and can’t complete my challenge stars minimum, use my update gift or anything - please help, all the best Johnny B
  • 0neManArmy0neManArmy Member Posts: 3
    Kozdrama said:
    wow, just wow….  Been playing and enjoying the game since release years ago, when you could die forever in Deadly missions, and survivors could not increase more than 3 levels….  And this is the first time I have been compelled to voice an opinion on the public forums.  

There is a very large disconnect here between the developers and their customers.  I can’t find one change in the recent update that doesn’t detract from the fun of the game or irritate me.   

1.  Add last stand, hours of brain numbing monotonous boredom….  That you apparently have to do to stay competitive due to getting supports in that game mode.   I’m sure, I am the only one who doesn’t have extra HOURS each week to add an event that is like pulling teeth.    - maybe allow a player to select the round the would like to start at to reduce the time it takes?   Won’t change that it’s one dimensional…
    2.  New status effect graphics that are like a firework show.   They eliminate our nice at a glance ability to figure out the disposition of each mob on the screen.   Squinting, waiting for blinking lights to cycle finish, so you can try to decipher what is going on every turn is infuriating.  -like the idea to allow players to switch off the new update.
    3.  I don’t even know what to say about what “feels” like subtle stealth nerfs to both melee and ranged….  It was only funny the first time when I saw my beloved scouts running across the screen like one of the Mario Brothers, but at the speed of a crawl.  

there’s more, but wow…. Just wow.   Every single upgrade made negative actual play impacts and slowing the gameplay down.   
    This update makes me upset and regretful for the family and friends I encouraged to join me here, because it is no longer fun.

@Fluxxx WE ALL AGREE
    KozdramawmsGameon
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    edited August 2
    Not sure if this has been reported or not, but it seems overwatch kills neither bumps the score or the multiplier (and probably the same with revenge and retaliate).
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89