New status symbols

Comments

• CliffBarnesCliffBarnes Member Posts: 24
    Any occasion where there are stunned walkers, knowing if they are stunned for one or two turns should be seen at first glance. If there are more statuses involved you will now have to carefully study the field and these flickering icons. I don't think a picture is required to see that. Especially if there are multiple enemies, which is not uncommon in the distance and elsewhere.

I would imagine this is true at any but the very lowest of player levels. As soon as you can play the distance this is an issue, I'm sure. 
    RohlikzauchemTCBRITOLady JViniCasonatto_01
  • KhanhLeKhanhLe Member Posts: 15
    edited August 3
    Fluxxx said:
    "I understand that at your level of play and understanding of the game, this feels very frustrating, but it would be truly helpful if you would be able to provide screenshots/gifs/recordings of instances where you find that the visual indicators are ruining your experience."
    I think everyone have complained too much about this topic and they have provided specific screenshots/gifs/recordings on the front pages of this thread. And did you actually watch them?
    RiotZappaLady J
    I bet you still don't know the chaos of the new symbols and the slowness of the spear animation. Although I do not deny the effort put into this update. But, if you put a vote (remove or agree), you will see how many people are protesting and resenting, because not everyone writes what they think on this forum.
    RiotZappaxeniiaTCBRITOViniCasonatto_01
    edited August 4
    Take care of the community opinion before everyone stop being upset, that's when no one cares about the problem of this game anymore, it doesn't matter anymore.
    BloodyChainsawRiotZappa
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 175
    Oh great now the Chainsaw is even commenting on the forum! You know things have gone to Hell in a hand basket 🧺 if that looney toon is here 😂! 
    KhanhLeGovernatorShadowWalker
  • KozdramaKozdrama Member Posts: 22
    Tux77 said:
    Oh great now the Chainsaw is even commenting on the forum! You know things have gone to Hell in a hand basket 🧺 if that looney toon is here 😂! 
    Lol, so true, NG made it so bad with this update even the legendary players who stay on top no matter what, are voicing their opinions about this fiasco.   I had to tell the chapters in my guild, I was only going to play the challenge 2 hours a week, and drop my GW lvl by two so I never have to use tools again, not buy more gold to support these game breaking updates that  make me want to kick a puppy.   There are so many insanely awful things about this update the devs need to “prioritize” fixing the updates that broke the game completely for players versus the parts of the update that just made the whole community irritated so they don’t want to spend any real money on this ever again.  Oh, and it’s almost funny that there were no “updates” to GW, yet tons of bugs making that event garbage.  GW matching now bugged, whole teams of 10 being marked absent so they get screwed, etc, etc….    Friggen call no joy and just revert this disaster, until you have a clue what’s wrong.
    BloodyChainsawRiotZapparebecca38341884
  • DocGonzoDocGonzo Member Posts: 38
    edited August 4
    Pretty sad that we must beta test everything including terrible updates that no one asked for with a terrible game mode not many care for that actually locks people out the game?! Seriously does anyone at NG check anything before rolling it out? Why do we never get asked for any input on how to improve or fix the game as is either? Many problems existing still go on untouched. This is a total guide ohow to lose the faith of your customers imo. 😔 

p.s. Does anybody play this game at all for NG? 
    Answer: Obviously no because they wouldn’t be asking on why the game is so messed up nowadays. 😫
    I support the use of Hunter S. Thompson related materials! Doc Approved!
    Burmeliinis
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,262
    Gothgul said:
    Fluxxx said:

For beginners and more intermediate players, the visual effects are meant to improve understanding of what's going on - but at those levels you're also rarely up against big swarms of walkers, and rarely inflicting multiple status effects. I understand that at your level of play and understanding of the game, this feels very frustrating, but it would be truly helpful if you would be able to provide screenshots/gifs/recordings of instances where you find that the visual indicators are ruining your experience.
    I cannot disagree more strongly. There is nothing more clear than this.
    here we can see clearly, at a glance, who is stunned, and who is not.

Can you tell me who is stunned in this shot:

Not without meticulously inspecting the ever flashing symbols. We have the redundant burning animation (good, totally sufficient), and the burning symbol (utterly useless). The stunned symbol, which is CRITICAL here, flashes so fast, and is so hard to see, you really have no idea who is stunned without endlessly waiting for it to flash by, and then try to memorize which walkers are really stunned or not. 
    BRING BACK the pretty spinning yellow pinwheel. It was so clear, so effortless. Now it is a chore, and I am losing missions because of it.
    @Fluxxx

Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    Shezza10TCBRITOMalarkyrebecca38341884
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 152
    Gothgul said:
    Fluxxx said:

For beginners and more intermediate players, the visual effects are meant to improve understanding of what's going on - but at those levels you're also rarely up against big swarms of walkers, and rarely inflicting multiple status effects. I understand that at your level of play and understanding of the game, this feels very frustrating, but it would be truly helpful if you would be able to provide screenshots/gifs/recordings of instances where you find that the visual indicators are ruining your experience.
    I cannot disagree more strongly. There is nothing more clear than this.
    here we can see clearly, at a glance, who is stunned, and who is not.

Can you tell me who is stunned in this shot:

Not without meticulously inspecting the ever flashing symbols. We have the redundant burning animation (good, totally sufficient), and the burning symbol (utterly useless). The stunned symbol, which is CRITICAL here, flashes so fast, and is so hard to see, you really have no idea who is stunned without endlessly waiting for it to flash by, and then try to memorize which walkers are really stunned or not. 
    BRING BACK the pretty spinning yellow pinwheel. It was so clear, so effortless. Now it is a chore, and I am losing missions because of it.
    The only thing is missing in the OLD status  different colors for 1 and 2 turn stun. There wasn't any need to create an (over)complicated new system.
    BloodyChainsawPasterebecca38341884
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    Check out this status symbol animation for the metalhead south of Abe at around 7:50. I had to zoom in to see it:

If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliinis
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 167
    I think some of the icons are pretty useful but I can see that the current system may not be ideal. Maybe certain ones could be turned/on off? Depending on usefulness.
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 96
    I’ve changed my mind. I’m absolutely LOVING the new icons. All I have to do is drop 3 tabs of acid and drink a bottle of ethanol and it all makes sense.

On a more serious note. I’m talking shit I still hate it.
    ShadowWalkerGovernator
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 475
    The new status symbol is no longer 
    purchasing a red Corvette once you've retired
    Governator
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    The status symbols needed a little upgrade.
    This complete overhaul was not good.

Things like stun and for how long should be permanently visible. Rooting and cripple shouldn't cycle either.

You've been selling assault weapons that have multi-turn stun. Great sales I can imagine.
    Same goes for bruiser weapons.
    It is a surprise this update makes using those weapons less fun?

There is no excuse for introducing this symbols update.

DocGonzoGovernator