Impossible to play with an IPhone

Hello @Fluxxx, @zbot

Since 2 years the game kicks me out when I´m playing. Meanwhile, I changed my IPhone but the problem continued. Something problematic but a nuisance more than a tragedy.
But with this last update, the game restarts when I change a hero, when I pick a weapon and finally 3 times in a mission. I´m not the only one. Two other players with other IPhone and a IPad have the same trouble.
One of them sent a report to the game and got the ussual answer, "the trouble is in your internet".
Well, I unburied an Android Phone and can play. But at now I have two phones with me, one for TWD NML and the other for any other use.
One of the players replaced the IPad with a Android Phone but the other, the one who wrote to support, can´t do this and He´s leaving the game.

I don´t trust in a quick solution but a good way to begin is recognize the trouble and stop blame our internet connection.
Thanks for reading this.
CRISTALCeciMoonAy_JunaSheiRita8277GovernatorRiotZappaADPaq

Comments

• SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,018
    @marroba2000
    i am having the same problem, and not 100% but think it could be the software version 
    the I pad that gives me trouble is an older iPad Air ( software 12.5.4) and is no longer able to be updated with apple
    Still showing  the walking dead game version 4.1.0
    * did try to download new version 4.1.0.199 , but can’t get the game even to open now *

the iPhone that I also use has the latest software iOS 14.7.1

i am not a tech guy, but that seems to be my problem 

marroba2000
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,384
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431
    A while back, there was an in-game announcement that iPhone 5 and older models would no longer be supported.
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 252
    zbot said:
    What iPhone model? @marroba2000 @SPC_TORRES
    Hi. Mine is 6 64.
    IPad is Airpad 2
    the other IPhone is 5S

I don’t know which is the @SPC_TORRES Model 
    A while back, there was an in-game announcement that iPhone 5 and older models would no longer be supported.
    You’re right but 5S and 6 weren’t included in that list. I don’t know about the IPad. 
    Governator
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,431
    You’re right but 5S and 6 weren’t included in that list. I don’t know about the IPad. 
    Yeah, with this last update, there’s no telling what got screwed up with how iPhones work with the game. I’m still getting fairly frequent disconnects in all other game modes with my iPhone SE. 
    marroba2000SPC_TORRESADPaq
    @marroba2000 you can contact in game support.

This is what I found on the FAQ:

The Walking Dead: No Man's Land works best on the latest OS11 devices (iPhone 8, iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini 4). Other devices may experience less than optimal performance.

I haven’t played on 5/6 and even 7+ in years and I have played on a lot of iOS/ Android devices.

@marroba2000 if you have a lot of gear over 300+ and you can use the android device I would recommend cleaning it out for those that are necessary I recall that was what was affecting my performance on older ios devices, once that’s done try loading on the iOS device and see if performance issue gets better.
    Hi @zbot. In fact, I have between 350 and 400 gears. These are my XP traveler checks for Council updates. You’re killing me. 🤣
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 2,018
    zbot said:
    What iPhone model? @marroba2000 @SPC_TORRES
    The iPhone 7s is working fine, it the iPad Air that apple stopped supporting ( that is the one ) with the iOS 12.5.4

Governator
    After the last update (yesterday) my IPhone just open the game and after a second, close the screen. I’ll enter with the Android phone and scrap 110 gears. After it, if the IPhone continues with the same issue, I’ll demand the restoration of all the gears deleted. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    @marroba2000 I'm pretty sure NG will not restore your gear if it doesn't work, if the game on your Android device I would use that for now.

If you really want to test it out before deleting the gear, I would try to start  a new game with a different Game Center account and see if the game loads and plays ok, then you can figure out if it might be all the gear.  Sorry I don't have my old phones to to test it out for you.

I used to have over 2K in gear, if your device can handle it there's no issue but it does affect performance if your device can't handle it!  
    marroba2000
    Hi @zbot. Tested with a new user. The game opens. At now, my question is, when is the next Council update?🤦🏻‍♂️
    @marroba2000 based on the game running new.  Your device most likely doesn’t have enough RAM/ processing power to handle loading all your survivors/gear along with running the game with the update.  Could be because of the new overlay for survivor and gear etc.  

if you want to do further testing, try collect a bunch of gears in the new game and see if the game crashes like before.  That might give you an idea of how many gears is too much.

If not I would contact support to let them know about the issue.

This is what I used to do to figure out if the issue is the the game/update or my device.

Hi @zbot. After the hotfix released today, the Game runs in my iPhone.
    So, I guess i'm the only one happy with this update. Thank you NG. 🤷🏻‍♂️👍
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 643
    I’ve been playing on a mobile phone since March the 6th, 2016. 

As long as you update the phone and game adequately. 
    Should be no problems. Cheers
    RiotZappa