Power Strike

ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
Dear NG, my survivalist Rick, my prowling Daryl, my warrior Beta and my pizza Glenn are no longer damage dealers. they are kinda weak now. is it because of this:

"Fixed unintended issue where the Power Strike trait increased Critical chance at all times, instead of only when a survivor hasn’t moved."

i dont know about others, but i spent most of my hard earned rerolls on getting good traits like power strike. although i know, it was originally a bug, but we have been used to it since its inception to the game so long ago! and now suddenly, you guys decided 'hey we have some free time, let's fix a very old bug and displease the players' by nerfing it back to its actual state.

you cannot just do that after so many years already. you should have fixed the damn bug immediately but no...you let it dragged on for years! aint our fault. and i got used to its goodness. some players paid money for rerolls tokens just to get good traits like power strike. and now its not so good as before

can you guys please roll it back to before the update and rephrase the trait description instead?

can you guys fix the GW so that it is out of beta instead of this and that other thing?

thank you!

dalmerFirekidTheKingATLAS-ZGothgulveadabarelb67FuriousMoldovanRiotZappaShianMudMoccasinCliffBarnesShadowWalkerSuperheroDeathwish19ADPaqSg_DeathiosononeganKozdramaRickMSAShezza10Burmeliiniswarlock1271AntonioGreekWarriorGoptus_kftusNordakzombieornottobezeeblackMikhailmiori199373mousetrap1AriswalkingAngelspitCaptainslayer

Comments

• m4sm4s Member Posts: 338
    What are these problems?
    Ng fixes bugs - that's what we wanted
    and that after a few years?

ie the current problems will be fixed in a few years?
    zombieornottobe
  • Winston457Winston457 Member Posts: 60
    How long was Power Strike "broken?"  Was it always like that?

If it had been "bugged" for a month or two, I would be more than understanding of them fixing it.  However, if it's been a year, or years, then it does seem like a BS thing to do with no warning. Especially with no warning and so many people having no idea that it was "broken."

I've been playing this game for years, using the forums to learn as many tricks of the trade as possible.  The only reason I knew to go melee (prior to SPY) was because of this forum.  I had no idea that PS was not working as intended, and I don't remember anyone here, or from NG, saying that it was working incorrectly.

For me, if they had come out early and said "Hey, this isn't working right.  We are going to fix it at some point, but it might be a while." then I'm good.  People would have been warned and if they chose to spend time/money to beef up melee, then they made their own choice.

I find it annoying, but it hasn't really bothered me.  I'm still getting to where I usually do in Challenge, completing the same GW levels, and getting the same LS points.  I've adjusted, as I'm sure many of you have.  Would a warning have been nice? Would a mention that it was broken as soon as they knew have been the right thing to do?  Yes and yes.  I'm assuming they didn't as I never saw anything in-game or on the forums.  If I missed that info, then my bad.
    Shezza10Kozdramazombieornottobezeeblack
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 96
    Seems all they want people to do is SPY..Spend gold...SPY...Spend gold.

SPY is so ridiculously boring I only use it on KAW.
    ADPaq
  • tustus Member Posts: 231
    I'd be up for NG to revert the Power Strike to what it was & how it performed.

I believe it was underhand, how it could be tagged as an bug on their 'to do list' & implemented without any forewarning.

Oh, wait, this is NG ... 
    Shezza10RiotZappa
  • veadabaveadaba Member Posts: 18

Marksman and strong were improved without any request. I think PowerStrike also can improve as it was before update instead of nerfing. Just changing description of trait as @FuriousMoldovan mentioned. 

Using melee team was much more fun, but now it’s pain to play with melee team. I was thinking to buy more reroll tokens, but I stopped to buy them. No longer I don’t reroll melee survivors trait nor badges. we have SPY and why we invest more mony for nerfed melee. Dear @Lexia @Fluxxx,  please give us some comment about this theme. 

By the way, we also should think good idea how NG can have income constantly. We are claiming everytime and it takes away enegy of developer.

• FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,266
    @Lexia @Fluxxx so many questions, can we get at least any answer on this topic?
    Leader of original TWD guild (est. 2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    zombieornottobeMikhail
    edited August 22
    @Lexia @Fluxxx so many questions, can we get at least any answer on this topic?

No!
    P.S. ironic of course
    FuriousMoldovanzombieornottobeMikhail
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,684
    edited August 21
    uhm… “be careful what you wish for” is the only left to say imo… and also the next time there will be “a good bug” ..we should stop calling it “a bug”… otherwise when they will fix bugs… 

Please join my Capybara Rebellion on August 27th

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovanmiori199373
    Channel on Line?
    @Lexia @Fluxxx
    The only change PS needed - is change of in-game text description because it worked that way since its inception.

Argument Power Strike vs Sure Shot makes sense when PS worked regardless of movement because melee have to move to attack, while ranged can stay within safe distance and attack without moving.

Please roll back PS to the way it was and change in-game text description.
    @capibara ↑ I think I wish for the right thing :)
    We Are TWD 😎
    Spammagecapibarazombieornottobe
  • veadabaveadaba Member Posts: 18

I hope PowerStrike returns as it was.

The fun of this game is melee’s high strategic property. Using boring SPY team, we don’t feel much fun (Now I use Huntsman Daryl only for scavenge mission).

Once players know the fun of using Huntsman Daryl and Beta, they notice how fun playing with melee team. And they start to spend money buying special weapons, reroll tokens and radios. If players don't know Daryl's prowling attack and Beta how effective they are, a long-range team with Bruiser or SPY team are the mainstream. 

So let’s create a official Wiki in global language. JayZ’s strategy is perfect, but most of players don't know existence. If we explain the strategies on the Wiki, more players will use Melee team and they will like more this game. Then I’m sure more players spend money. 

RiotZappaADPaqMikhail
  • cyberopticscyberoptics Member Posts: 3
    I'm glad I read this as a player who left a couple years ago and has recently returned I went to the forums first for builds and started sending to build a melee team.. now I understand why they were so popular after I returned and I guess I'll stop. Yes I probably spent $500 in the past month trying to catch up. When I left it was range and apparently it still is so back to building spy.
    FuriousMoldovan
    I'm glad I read this as a player who left a couple years ago and has recently returned I went to the forums first for builds and started sending to build a melee team.. now I understand why they were so popular after I returned and I guess I'll stop. Yes I probably spent $500 in the past month trying to catch up. When I left it was range and apparently it still is so back to building spy.
    Ranged used to be the best before badges and rebuff of melee classes. Then scouts/bruisers became the choice.
    Now scales are tipping back to range, so building SPY team seem to be the safest bet for now.
    Good luck!
    We Are TWD 😎
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,200
    @FuriousMoldovan, looks like days of SPY are also numbered. NG would surely have them nerfed in any of the coming updates. This is how NG works.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

tus
    @capibara

Where to join your revolution

Zee Black 

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

capibaraxeniia
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    edited August 25
    @Lexia

its nice to see the amount of effort put into some light-hearted Dog jokes from you, but can you please at least answer what is NG's stand on PS from now going forward. surely, you have read the players' comments in the forum on PS. here, to lessen your burden to type a long-winded answer, just choose A, B or C from the following:

A. NG will not revert PS to previous state at all

B. NG will revert PS to its previous state in the future

C. NG is still reviewing the case, but will give an answer in the coming months

just let us know what's NG's stand on this. how difficult can this be? thank you.

@Fluxxx 
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 126
    Hey,

We are currently not looking into reverting Powerstrike, but will look into ways that we could rework or improve certain classes (eg. melee) or heroes. One example of this is Mercer (and his LT) that gives melee survivors a chance to inflict a higher extra damage compared to other survivors :smile:

Man-At-Arms
    Mercer has an X% chance to do Y% of the enemy’s current HP as extra damage (Z% for melee survivors). Additionally, Mercer has a W% chance to resist any status effect.
    zeeblackMikhailFuriousMoldovanADPaqSPC_TORRESTCBRITOCaptainslayer
  • ultimateevil13ultimateevil13 Member Posts: 26
    Great News.
    Good Bye and F.O. to NG.
    Spy sucks.
    Melee Powerless, no Reason to play After 5 Years.
    Think NG will lost more Pay to Win Players.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    You could always put a critical chance badge on your hero’s if it bothers you that much. I’m sure NG were always scratching their head why it was seen as such a bad badge. Little did they know that everyone had 50-60% CC without any 😂. 
    I think this change came at a really bad time though, just when boring SPY became so dominant seems to have doubled down on the uselessness of melee. 
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliinisSPC_TORRES
    edited August 25
    @Lexia

I think this is the weakest response NG could come up with regard to Power Strike nerf. Yesterday, Melee were the Kings, today its SPY day at the throne and Tomorrow its Mercer's turn. 

Lets compare Power Strike with Sure Shot
    1. In order to activate both, you should not move. However, there is additional damage in case of Power Strike. NG would argue that melee can cause additional damage whereas ranged can't. The response to their argument is given below.
    2. Range of Melee Vs. Ranged Weapons: The chances of Sure Shot to work are far greater than that of Power Strike because of range of weapons of ranged survivors vis-à-vis melee survivors. 
    3. Limited number of extra range melee weapons. We have 3 scout (fork, spear and musket) and 1 warrior weapon which have a limited range of just 2 squares/ 3 squares diagonally. Further, the spear has low damage as compared to other weapons. When this issue was taken up, NG came with the argument that it would make the melee more powerful.  
    4. %age restriction on Power Strike: There is a %age restriction for both Sure Shot and Power Strike to work. However, keeping in view the range of melee and ranged weapons and limited number of extra ranged melee weapons puts the melee survivors at a further disadvantage.  
    Keeping in view the above, I have come up with a solution for fixing this problem which was created by NG itself. 

Power Strike

Attacks made on your turn gain xx% final damage and have xx% better critical chance if you have not moved used one move point. Total critical chance cant exceed 90%. 

This would not only solve the problem and would make the melee great again without any unfair advantage.

@ATLAS-Z @capibara @JayZ need your help in sorting out this issue

Zee Black 

• ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    edited August 25
    @Lexia

Thanks for the prompt reply! appreciate it. at least we now know what's the future of PS going forward... expected it. although not loving the decision but what can we do. my poor scouts and warriors, being relegated...thats life 
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 25
    Mercer himself is not a melee so his attack is low. We wouldn’t normally team an assault with melee… if power strike is unchanged then at least make the attack power of melee higher or make razor 100% effective not to cause body shots. 
This discussion has been closed.