NML Gratitude: living not just playing this game for years

ShmaryahuShmaryahu Member Posts: 163
Dear NML Community,

Editing my gratitude to simply: 

Thanks to NG for providing a platform that's created a game many of us have played for years. While imperfect, the fact that ppl get so inflamed on topics says a lot about how much passion ppl still put into it. Everyone has an opinion I don't always agree with, and that's fine, but I still want to thank the Devs for bringing an awesome game. (Most of my life I'm misunderstood... lol I do my best to describe things to create a picture that I thing others will get. I have an uncanny ability to create controversy, wasn't my goal.)

NG and the NML Community have given me and many of my friends a social platform that's unlike any other I've experienced. 

Bottom line I'm grateful for many reasons, one includes my observation NG has usually given back for game problems. 

ShadowWalkerMudMoccasinATLAS-Zrelb67JediMasterYodaaquilaArqueueWhereisHeathJimiFaithPP1990Troublemaker

Comments

• Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 485
    Covid and players legitimate complaints are 2 different subjects, not mutually exclusive. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend but people being locked out of a competitive mode for an entire war is a reason for them to complain bro. 
    Shezza10ADPaq
  • ShmaryahuShmaryahu Member Posts: 163
    Bro you can complain or have a conversation, both can achieve a result. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't give some "apology pack." If they don't, then it's fair to ask for compensation - I'm not happy about the GW fail, but I don't expect perfection... esp from GW, which ironically has been riddled with holes, and yet what drove me to play hard again. They have been pretty fair about their mistakes IMO. You don't have to agree. 
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 485
    edited August 10
    I wasn't complaining? I was speaking in general for people within the community who've brought up legitimate concerns/complaints regarding the update. 
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 570
    Hateful toxic energy………

Mate by calling a spade a spade the definition of hateful toxic energy, well I’ll be. 

We had a fine game of Chess and they turned it into Checkers for the common folk. 
    Welcome to NML
    @Killdozer187_ wasn't saying you were one way or another, but you seem to have missed my point that complaining is not the only way to get a result, and I encouraged discussing it with them (or tried to but was likely misunderstood, welcome to my life)

"Bro you can complain or have a conversation, both can achieve a result. " 
    @brucewayne007
    you got me wrong there, but we can drop it. take care 
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 88
    I'm not sure "complaining" is quite the right word. There clearly is a level of frustration with NG because there is an unspoken contract between NG and the players. This "contract" is that players expect to get enjoyment from a game and NG expects to get a decent revenue stream from those paying players.  But, this contract was horribly broken with the last update. When the bugs in the update were exposed, the level of enjoyment dropped off significantly for many players. These were not minor bugs. These were major ones that made me consider walking away from the game for a while. I didn't enjoy playing when the game wasn't working as intended.

To make matters worse, there have been serious bugs/issues over the last several years that have made it hard to give NG the benefit of the doubt on producing a game we can all continue to enjoy. Each "bug fest" damages NGs credibility and our trust with them.

So, there is a level of frustration because everyone who has been playing for a while can remember the "good times" when the NG/Player Contact has been fulfilled and everyone is happy. I hope that NG can get back on track and rebuild that credibility and trust that has been damaged.

Most of the posts I have seen are not complaints but a plea to NG to make things right and get back to fulfilling their contract with the players. I hope they hear these pleas and make the changes needed to make TWD NML the most enjoyable game it can be.
    Well spoken 👍
    Elder : Dead Stalkers
    JimiFaith
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,281
    I'm not sure "complaining" is quite the right word. There clearly is a level of frustration with NG because there is an unspoken contract between NG and the players. This "contract" is that players expect to get enjoyment from a game and NG expects to get a decent revenue stream from those paying players.  But, this contract was horribly broken with the last update. When the bugs in the update were exposed, the level of enjoyment dropped off significantly for many players. These were not minor bugs. These were major ones that made me consider walking away from the game for a while. I didn't enjoy playing when the game wasn't working as intended.

To make matters worse, there have been serious bugs/issues over the last several years that have made it hard to give NG the benefit of the doubt on producing a game we can all continue to enjoy. Each "bug fest" damages NGs credibility and our trust with them.

So, there is a level of frustration because everyone who has been playing for a while can remember the "good times" when the NG/Player Contact has been fulfilled and everyone is happy. I hope that NG can get back on track and rebuild that credibility and trust that has been damaged.

Most of the posts I have seen are not complaints but a plea to NG to make things right and get back to fulfilling their contract with the players. I hope they hear these pleas and make the changes needed to make TWD NML the most enjoyable game it can be.
    @Fluxxx @Lexia Hope you read through it ↑
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    TCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,181
    @Governator not just bugs, bro, you gotta include those horrid status symbols, but otherwise spot on man

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    JimiFaith
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,410
    ATLAS-Z said:
    @Governator not just bugs, bro, you gotta include those horrid status symbols, but otherwise spot on man
    Yeah, those too. Clearly, those reduce the enjoyment of the game for many players — especially those who are end gamers who spend to support the game. 
    FuriousMoldovanRohlikzauchemJimiFaith
    edited August 12
    Ahh @Governator, semantics... getting hung up on 'complaining'. I was trying to show some appreciation for the Devs and it 100% came to mind bc I have witnessed enough whining. 

Why play if you've been in such a 'contract breech' for so long? There have been many updates that throw many ppl into an uproar. 

Take bodyshots as an example. LOL there was a time when all you needed was a good interrupt weapon and dodge and lucky on a toon- Wah-bam! Killin' it on stars haha. Bodyshots brought us razor weapons and Sasha's LT as game must haves - nerfed a few melee weapons...

Getting back to my point. I appreciate NG for still providing an awesome game and creating new content. (Plenty of software vendors really suck at updates, but these guys have shown up and given me plenty of nice token packs to offset snafu (which are just part of life IMO). 

*Also, was I happy to not play GW this week? OMG no, actually pretty sad, but that's how I feel on any GW break week. We will be back in battles soon enough though so my team can wait. lol actually without much sweat 

Deathwish19JimiFaith
  • HellnightHellnight Member Posts: 123
    I met my wife because of the game, and also if I see errors I complain about them. Also I have not read any insulting comments, only complaints about giant errors.
    FuriousMoldovanJimiFaithbrucewayne007
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 851
    I guess I can see two sides of this, one that's experimenting a distance between NG and the community, specially felt by those long time players who also have the contrast between how things were in the golden days, and how things are now, sadly, cycles close, things change, relationships...
    I share that, not necessarily having to complain, it would be a real shame to ruin that beautiful legacy, and I take it as an attention call to avoid that point of no return...
    And being a foreigner player who hasn't spent a cent, I also value the game that has given me so much, with all the updates, events, the fact that if you don't mind leaderboards, you still can have hours of enjoyment and entertaining without feeling left out for not being able to buy...
    I can't believe that I met so many people, shared stuff with them in real life, and talk with them almost on a daily basis because of a mobile game, seeing it that way, it's value is huge...

A, but also B...

Of course that we can't loose "A", becase that will slowly ruin "B"

To unite both points of view, we value this game so much, that's why we don't want to see it destroying itself...

That said, it would be great to work on our communication...
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 851
    edited August 24
    Hellnight said:
    I met my wife because of the game
    She Pierced through your heart and Stunned you with that critical attack, your armor wasn't so Bulletproof afterall. Too late to Dodge now!  :smile:

Enough with dad jokes, happy for you 👍

He didn't have an iron skin, so it was a sure shot that thay would get lucky, and follow thorugh with a strong relationship...

Congratulations...!

FuriousMoldovanHellnight
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    edited August 24
    I went away completely a few days ago. My analysis of the game hasn't changed.

NML has wonderful elements and ideas, but NG is too greedy to understand a few things. It's an open capital company, so for them some stuff matter more than what's logical for us, players. That has to be taken into consideration.

I miss the people a lot though, @Shmaryahu

And the nostalgia of almost 5 years playing it and living it still pushes me back constantly.

I'll be soon forgotten. Hope good memories stay. The only certainty in life is change.
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    Way too deep for a mobile game I play while on the toilet.