Am I on a different algorithm?

I am an endgamer, I have studied JZ’s compendium, set my hero’s up accordingly, I have watched the videos, taken advice from guild members. I cannot creat stun walls, walkers walk straight through stunned walkers, my bruisers rarely stun anything above level 36. I cannot get past level 37 walkers ever. I have played this game from its release but I am getting very frustrated not being able to replicate what I see in videos or match my guild team members
FuriousMoldovanAngelspit

Comments

• m4sm4s Member Posts: 339
    Join to the guild.
    Great guilds have a lot of help new player.

BurmeliinisFuriousMoldovanTCBRITO
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 983
    Agreed, join a good guild and their LINE/Discord/whatever chat so you can get help from other players. Also learn how to record and share videos of your gameplay - that will help hugely as your teammates can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    m4sFuriousMoldovanTCBRITO
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,277
    @geefer440
    Usually it all comes down to details such as survivor traits, gear traits, badges, knowing mechanics of the game, matching heroes' LT to their gear, and optimizing your team for the mission type.

Your bruisers issue - probably you lack razor trait on their weapons and/or Lucky survivor trait. You need to have razor because it reduces bodyshots and bruisers stun only on non-bodyshots and charge attacks.

I can offer you a spot in our guild family with a ton of knowledge and resources. Helped a lot of ppl to up their skills from handling lvl 35 missions to lvl 40+ without tools.
    PM me if interested.
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    hunter_xAngelspit
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,014
    Agreed, join a good guild and their LINE/Discord/whatever chat so you can get help from other players. Also learn how to record and share videos of your gameplay - that will help hugely as your teammates can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong.
    I think this is the best advice you're going to get. If you say you've studied the guides, set up your team accordingly, watched videos etc and are still struggling then the only real way anyone can help you is by seeing you play and advising you on what you are doing right/wrong.
    TCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    Also on Bruisers, I've seen a lot of players reroll iron skin before having good badges. Not good. You'll get chewed up. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Setting up stun walls is actually quite difficult under level 45. They break down too quickly. Up until levels 45-50, I usually try to kill everything as quickly as I can, and the stun walls only come into play in the high 40s and 50s.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    TCBRITOATLAS-Z
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 87

I've been aware for awhile that stun walls no longer work. My guess is that NG prevents this strategy because it gives the user an advantage. I've had a stunwall in place and still end up being attacked by walkers two spaces away that just walk right through stunned walkers, and if my survivor retaliates, kills that walker, then another walker within striking distance will attack. I get hit twice by walkers going through my "stunwall". I've had "rooted" walkers strike my survivors, I thought that "not moving" meant not moving. But I also attended public school.
    You should be aware that JZ has survivors that have a high star count. He has spent good money buying radio calls or has had assistance in leveling up his survivors. That's my assumption...nothing more.
    You're not going to join a guild and get superior information to what's already present. JZ offers reliable information. What I can offer to you is focus on getting your survivors to either four and five star levels. Your weapons/armour high level and the traits to match.
    Make adjustments to your strategy and play on. Stun walls just don't work well any longer. Good luck friend.
    ATLAS-Z
    By the way, I've tried to set up two stun walls in the past. Fun stuff, the unaffected walkers cruise right through both of em. 
    ATLAS-Z
    @ninewalkers Sorry but that's incorrect and brings us back to @Burmeliinis response above ↑ and @Virtus comment. All works fine just need to know more about how to make it happen.
    I had several players join over time, who've had bad advices in other guilds for years.
    We Are TWD 😎
    m4sxeniia
  • scotpunkscotpunk Member Posts: 11
    It seems like fast walkers can walk through a double stun wall.  At least I've had it happen in Last Stand multiple times.
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 27
    @scotpunk - yes, since Fast Walkers can move 3 spaces, they will move through 2 stunned walkers to an open space if it's available.
    m4sxeniiamiori199373
    Crippling helps to prevent all walkers from walking through 1-deep wall.

Crippling on Overwatch helps to "plug holes" in stun wall without walker attacking when walker is only 1 space away.
    We Are TWD 😎
    xeniia
  • scotpunkscotpunk Member Posts: 11
    Virtus said:
    @scotpunk - yes, since Fast Walkers can move 3 spaces, they will move through 2 stunned walkers to an open space if it's available.
    Thanks for confirming! 
  • SkywithinSkywithin Member Posts: 29
    edited August 13
    Walkers can move through other walkers the same way a hero can move through another hero as long as there is an empty square where it can land on. For stun walls to work you need to have: 1) a line of stunned zombies that "insulate" your heroes from non-stunned ones and 2) no empty squares near your heroes non-stunned zombies can reach. Rooted zombies can't move (to a different square) but they can still attack any hero standing next to it.
    I stand behind what I said stun walls don't work. If there is one space available ahead of five stunned walkers and one walker walks through a stunned walker to reach that space. Then it would appear the stunwall failed. 
    Rooted walkers cannot move. Yet if you move past a rooted walker it moves and it strikes you. 
    Stop defending the indefensible. Stunwalls don't work and rooted walkers move. About the only thing that does work as advertised is cripple. That effect is suppose to limit a walker to one space.....thats exactly what it does.

ATLAS-ZFuriousMoldovanBurmeliinisCliffBarnesADPaqShezza10JayZArqueue
  • Shezza10Shezza10 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 14
    You can say it’s indefensible but that’s how it works and how it always has worked. What @Skywithin says sums it up perfectly.
    And rooted walkers Do NOT move from the space they are in.
    @ninewalkers bro sounds a bit like wild claims man. Get some video of this and share it here.

I look forward to watching. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    I stand behind what I said stun walls don't work. If there is one space available ahead of five stunned walkers and one walker walks through a stunned walker to reach that space. Then it would appear the stunwall failed. 
    Rooted walkers cannot move. Yet if you move past a rooted walker it moves and it strikes you. 
    Stop defending the indefensible. Stunwalls don't work and rooted walkers move. About the only thing that does work as advertised is cripple. That effect is suppose to limit a walker to one space.....thats exactly what it does.

1. Rooteed walkers are rooted, not stunned. If you move past them with a "red" moving path line - they can still attack you. If you stand right next to them - they can still attack you. They don't move but they can attack. That's just how rooting works. And it works at intended.

2. Stun walls. Walkers can move through other walkers if the stun wall is only "1 walker deep". Fast walkers can move through other walkers if the stun wall is only "2 walkers deep". And they can walk through not only in straight line but diagonally as well. That's just how game mechanics work and always did.
    That's why you have to use a wall blocking with your survivors if your stun wall is only 1 walker deep.

Check out 2:15 in my video, link below. If I haven't had placed RGG at this spot, then the walker behind the stunned one could've just "walked through" stunned one to the spot where I placed RGG. That's just how game and stun walls work in-game. Nothing has changed here.
    We Are TWD 😎
    Burmeliinis
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 983
    And to correct the final claim; if you cripple a walker on overwatch it will move two steps.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • Goptus_kfGoptus_kf Member Posts: 56
    In addition there are 2 kinds of fire weapons, which synergize perfectly with the stun wall strategy if you play with bruisers:
    Flare gun for shooters
    Bazooka for Hunters

Other hunter rifles could inflame close walkers. So your bruisers get fire damage with every hit they deal. 
    And to correct the final claim; if you cripple a walker on overwatch it will move two steps.

And be crippled the following turn

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 27

I'd recommend that you watch videos posted by Jay Z and others, as it is clear you don't really understand the game mechanics.  Stun walls work just fine if you know the game mechanics and know what you are doing. Walkers move 2 spaces only (3 for Fast Walkers). If those two spaces are filled by walkers and/or you, you wont get hit and your stun walls will work fine. I'd recommend seeking help on a game concept you don't understand before blathering on about it not working.
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    Stun walls do work. There are plenty of videos to evidence that. It's such a bizarre statement to make. You literally have 100 hundred players on the scoreboard who have used stun walls effectively to beat the challenge this week.

You went from being uninformed about the mechanics of the game to being defensive, and frankly arrogant, after the community very kindly informed you in detail about how the mechanics of stun wall works.

I suggest you reread the descriptions provided in this thread and watch some videos so you can properly understand how they work.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,014
    edited August 16
    Anyone else love it when someone who is so wrong about something yet refuses to accept it and acts so arrogant/douchy and instead insists everyone else is wrong?

Also, after that he takes a swipe at our beloved Jeff @JayZ insisting he only does well because she spends lots of money or has had people level his team up for him :lol:

Great read. Nine-nine!

Shezza10ShadowWalker
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    Ooh, thanks for tagging @WellyLuga. I think everyone else has said what I would have said, so I won't add too much.

Only other thing I'll add is that the special weapons and 3-4 pink star heroes help reduce gold spend and make things easier, but at the end of the day, having a good understanding of game mechanics is still very important. And it is unsurprising that those who don't have a good understanding of game mechanics are unable to fathom how stun walls work.

Fun throwback video: Level 25 heroes, no pink stars, no fancy weapons like the Dragon's Tongue or Crescent Edge, before SRick, HDaryl, Princess, Yumiko, etc. even existed.

Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovanAngelspit
    @JayZ
    Ahhh, hybrid builds, regular survivors, defensive stance, gotta love that CRITICAL HIT occupying half of the screen 😅
    We Are TWD 😎
    JayZAngelspit