Melee survivors all nerfed in new update?

I tend to use all melee. It has worked well for me. Usually for everything (challenge, GW and now Last Stand) I use Negan in the lead with bruiser Morgan and Jesus. This team has kicked butt. Negan with the Gear Mace these days, Morgan with his staff and Jesus with the Morning Star. They have all gold defensive badges and good armor. With this team I was able to get 2000+ stars in the Challenge and could take out 40+ level walkers in the war. All without having to buy tools. 
Now Negan's leader trait barely works. I'm getting all body shots against walkers over level 39, almost no stuns on attack. Jesus used to be able to kill all regular walkers up to level 41 or so, now struggles to kill level 37s. All of them are being stunned all the time too.

WTF.
relb67FuriousMoldovanzombieornottobebrucewayne007RiotZappa

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @poguemahoun Most likely it’s due to the fix to power strike in the latest update

• Fixed unintended issue where the Power Strike trait increased Critical chance at all times, instead of only when a survivor hasn’t moved.
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,276
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    zombieornottobe
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    Melee is what made the game fun for me again. Now I'm struggling with is  there enough enjoyment left in the game. I have been playing 4 years now with a lot of time and money into it.  don't care that this was never the intent (with powerstrike).  Its what NG created and didn't bother with until long after everyone had adjusted to, made purchases around and spent hours improving as well as resources based on it. Intended or not it's a bait and switch.

Sorry, but it's not a "bait and switch." The description clearly states you only get the bonus when you haven't moved.
    I feel like NG has done plenty of things in the past that could be categorized as "bait and switch," but this isn't one of them.

Is it odd that it took them so long to "fix" this? Yeah it is, and it really does raise some questions about NG's ability to fix glitches and their transparency.

Should they still do something else to increase the effectiveness of Melee? Yes, but that's more due to the fact that SPY is OP and not because Power Strike is some horrible trait now.

I was never aware of this glitch, although I am sure I still benefited from it, but I have to say I am not really noticing anything different because I always used PS by not moving. So I guess JSS.
    ADPaqzombieornottobeArqueue
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    @ShadowWalker it's mainly with the Morning Star that it's noticed because before this you would get a critical hit even if you moved, even though you wouldn't get the extra damage from power strike you still got a critical hit every time

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Firekid
  • zombieornottobezombieornottobe Member Posts: 125
    Melee is what made the game fun for me again. Now I'm struggling with is  there enough enjoyment left in the game. I have been playing 4 years now with a lot of time and money into it.  don't care that this was never the intent (with powerstrike).  Its what NG created and didn't bother with until long after everyone had adjusted to, made purchases around and spent hours improving as well as resources based on it. Intended or not it's a bait and switch.

Sorry, but it's not a "bait and switch." The description clearly states you only get the bonus when you haven't moved.
    I feel like NG has done plenty of things in the past that could be categorized as "bait and switch," but this isn't one of them.
    No, it is. They knew it was broken, we didn't, except for maybe a few who do complete mathematical breakdowns. Yet they continued to offer the weapons in the shop, and as token redemptions that required at the very least effort and resources to achieve. I also submit that after the prolonged period there was nothing to be lost and only pissed off customers to be gained by making the correction. 
    SilverhawkADPaqShadowWalker
  • AlvaroAlvaro Member Posts: 9
    I particularly like updates, even though I recognize that they will affect your game and that you will like some points and not others.
    I notice a recent concern of NG in trying to improve classes that for min were relegated (for example shooter can walk more, gained clipping weapon trait), Yumiko and Princess allow you to use teams beyond SPY and that today unfortunately surpass (I wish they were equal conditions) the melee team causing an imbalance in the scale that now leans to the SPY side.
    What I'm hoping for is no longer a nerf in SPY (please don't), but an improvement in melee in order to try and balance things out.
    I may be thinking bullshit, but why not make a clipping weapon trait version for the scout as well (maybe it would be useful in HDaryl)? Or create some new outfit for the melee team in order to finally balance the scales, as it has always swung more to one side than the other.
    RiotZappaeduardogroovezombieornottobe
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 50
    The problem with melee and especially scouts are the body shots. The attack power of melee is not high and body shots reduce it by half. Even regular attacks are useless against higher level walkers.
    Then, at the same time, they don’t have a high defense to compensate so they are literally punching bags while walkers are rock walls.
    We need razor to become 100% effective at gold. 
    FuriousMoldovan
    PP1990 said:
    We need razor to become 100% effective at gold. 
    With 100% razor Carol, HD, SRick will be cutting through lvl 50 walkers like Moses through Red Sea 😅

We Are TWD 😎
    ShadowWalkerpkaygh1brucewayne007xeniia
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 50
    No they won’t because attacks aren’t always critical hits and my SR can only do 200K without moving… it wouldn’t be that overpowered!
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 107
    edited August 20
    Last update they nerfed but this other one they nerfed x2 cuz last  I was able to beat 10 levels up as butter.

But this one 7 levels up are rock getting body shot!😤😤😤

Just hoping i still able to play in my funny island at Gw
    PP1990 said:
    No they won’t because attacks aren’t always critical hits and my SR can only do 200K without moving… it wouldn’t be that overpowered!
    1. Carol LT increases crit chances + individual Lucky, PS, CC badges (case by case).
    2. Your SR is not everyone's SR. Mine can do 370k on charge.
    3. Lvl 50 regular walker HP is 224k.

So yeah - with 100% razor Carol+HD+SRick - they will :)
    We Are TWD 😎
    Just bring the OG Power Strike back, that's all we need! 👍
    We Are TWD 😎
    Goptus_kfzombieornottobe
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 565
    PP1990 said:

😅
    FuriousMoldovanATLAS-ZShadowWalker