Power Strike

2»

Comments

• ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 218
    @zeeblack  i feel for you man. at least you get to enjoy PS since 2017. i just started playing last year.  someone is going to be furious with this revelation, someone with the same namesake
    FuriousMoldovan
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,142
    Why would we put a threat causing assault in a team with melee?  This is just not practical, when we use melee more times than not threat REDUCTION is key.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

FuriousMoldovanADPaqRiotZappaCaptainslayer
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 302
    This is getting worse and worse by the minute. Melee which was the breadwinner for NG for the past2 or so years has now been recycled into SPY. I'm just waiting for a silenced lucky decimator. At the rate they are destroying the game, this would be the next logical weapon to introduce. $$$
    ShadowWalkermousetrap1RiotZappa
  • mousetrap1mousetrap1 Member Posts: 22
    NG you ruined the game. Some very good players are leaving because of this. Stupid. Change power strike back. 
    RiotZappa
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 873
    zeeblack said:

Keeping in view the above, I have come up with a solution for fixing this problem which was created by NG itself. 

Power Strike

Attacks made on your turn gain xx% final damage and have xx% better critical chance if you have not moved used one move point. Total critical chance cant exceed 90%. 

This would not only solve the problem and would make the melee great again without any unfair advantage.

@ATLAS-Z @capibara @JayZ need your help in sorting out this issue
    To be honest I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion (come on it's really not that hard to set up a power strike attack guys), however this is actually a very solid compromise and I really hope NG considers it @Lexia

capibaraxeniia
    edited August 25
    Billbam said:
    Why would we put a threat causing assault in a team with melee?  This is just not practical, when we use melee more times than not threat REDUCTION is key
    I think it was a pretty weak and rather confusing response to say "hey we are improving melee! Just look at this assault here!" But there are silent assault weapons, and of course Mercer could use overwatch attacks perhaps with the bulldozer shotgun to push back enemies, so he could potentially work with Melee.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,172
    Billbam said:
    Why would we put a threat causing assault in a team with melee?  This is just not practical, when we use melee more times than not threat REDUCTION is key.

Ummm maybe Mercer likes pickles? 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovanShadowWalkerGovernatorGoptus_kf
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,274
    Arqueue said:
    ...  someone is going to be furious with this revelation, someone with the same namesake
    Leader of the original TWD guild (est. 10/2015).
    We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary
    GovernatorArqueue
    zeeblack said:

Keeping in view the above, I have come up with a solution for fixing this problem which was created by NG itself. 

Power Strike

Attacks made on your turn gain xx% final damage and have xx% better critical chance if you have not moved used one move point. Total critical chance cant exceed 90%. 

This would not only solve the problem and would make the melee great again without any unfair advantage.

To be honest I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion (come on it's really not that hard to set up a power strike attack guys), however this is actually a very solid compromise and I really hope NG considers it @Lexia

It will fix one issue but will cause another one - will effectively nerf +% dmg and +%crit chance when not moving before attack with tactical spear/pitchfork/musket.

The only good solution is not linking it to movement at all.
    We Are TWD 😎
    Killdozer187_zeeblack
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 480
    Melee survivors after the update:
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappa
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 480
    zeeblack said:

Power Strike

It will fix one issue but will cause another one - will effectively nerf +% dmg and +%crit chance when not moving before attack with tactical spear/pitchfork/musket.

Yup, please just make it a passive trait and give us a new trait to replace PS with 👀🤗
    I am sure if we looked hard enough we could probably find a tiny use for Beth too!  Point is it will never be an important part of melee.
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats

zeeblack said:

Power Strike

Thanks for pointing that out. There is a simple fix to that though. It shouldn't be if you used one move point but if you use one or less move point. I assumed this is what @zeeblock intended since obviously we still want be able to get the bonuses without moving.
    FuriousMoldovan
    NG wake up! you can’t overlook your development mistake for 2 years and than ruin the game for your devoted players. You should have never made the mistake in the first place but you did and should own your mistake like a decent and equitable company and make power strike like it was instead of taking the entire melee toons from us. Players are leaving the game 
    My guess is by taking PS buff away they plan on coming out with weapons that bring it back but of course at a cost.  I agree two years is way to long to change it back and ruin melee.

HellnightADPaq
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    Mercer is more likely to make Sasha and Yumiko an even better team. He's not going to boost melee. What a stupid answer.
    mousetrap1ADPaq
    NG your answer is terrible and you are gas’s lighting us. Don’t you realize how damaging this is to your players? Honestly make your decisions based on humanity’s mechanics not your sterile staff meetings or your algorithms that do not translate to human feelings. Please understand you took something away from your bread and butter. 
    pkaygh1RiotZappa
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 66
    I don't think PS is weakened only, coz Scout + tactical weapon and Warrior + DT are also weakened since Yumiko out.

mousetrap1
    All the melee toons have been weakened to the point of being useless. When I play guild wars my melee team is operating three levels below normal. 
    ShadowWalker
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 739
    There's a head. And there's an ass.

And one is stuck up in the other.
    rebecca38341884FuriousMoldovan

We Are TWD 😎
    WellyLuga
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 50
    The lack of community management here is impressive. 99% of the players are asking for something and they are utterly ignored. Don’t run for president, ever!
    RiotZappa
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 56
    PP1990 said:
    The lack of community management here is impressive. 99% of the players are asking for something and they are utterly ignored. Don’t run for president, ever!
    I would click “agree” button. But with sad smile icon :´(
  • SpammageSpammage Member Posts: 12
    This so needs a rework.  Make melee great (useful) again!!
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 132
    This topic has been answered in a previous comment already, and since it seems this conversation is otherwise no longer going according to community rules and guidelines of eg. being constructive, I'm closing the thread. 
    RohlikzauchemATLAS-ZRWSghost_pepperm4sRiotZappa
This discussion has been closed.