Should I unlock them now or wait?

I was wondering should I unlock Yumiko and Maggie now, but my concern is my current max level is 8 and I would need a lot of reinforcement tokens for their special weapons to be upgraded. So I am actually confused and do not know what to do. Can you share your ideas and let me know what you think as a veteran? I have been referring to JayZ's guide, but still do not know which hero to focus on and invest in now. Mind giving me some tips?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 985
    I would not lock anyone at this point, except ones that help you grind, so any of Hunter Maggie, Pizza Glenn and Governor. Other heroes that I'd unlock are ones that help you massively in missions:
    - Beta
    - Huntsman Daryl (scout)

When you get to the point where body shots start to be a serious issue, you can unlock Sasha, Princess and Yumiko.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    JedcubCliffBarnes
  • WortipWortip Member Posts: 24
    Have a read of the “Absolute beginner’s guide to TWD” thread which is in the strategy discussion section. 

There’s some great tips and shortcuts on how to quickly level up. 
  • JedcubJedcub Member Posts: 13
    I would not lock anyone at this point, except ones that help you grind, so any of Hunter Maggie, Pizza Glenn and Governor. Other heroes that I'd unlock are ones that help you massively in missions:
    - Beta
    - Huntsman Daryl (scout)

When you get to the point where body shots start to be a serious issue, you can unlock Sasha, Princess and Yumiko.
    Thanks, but unfortunately I have burnt all my radios for Yumiko and Hilltop Maggie (was looking to grab Princess too, but oh well). Then I shall not unlock them now, but I kinda find it hard to progress through the story mode now.  Thank you for your reply again!
    Jedcub said:
    - Beta
    - Huntsman Daryl (scout)

Thanks, but unfortunately I have burnt all my radios for Yumiko and Hilltop Maggie (was looking to grab Princess too, but oh well). Then I shall not unlock them now, but I kinda find it hard to progress through the story mode now.  Thank you for your reply again!
    Right, thanks and have a nice day!
    edited August 26
    One more question, I see those legendary weapons bundles on Shop, should I buy those bundles? Or just wait for a black market deal and buy with gold. But then again, it will waste a lot of reinforcement tokens right?
    The bundle weapons will help you a great deal, so it might be worth to get a few key ones. You do get a steady stream of reinforcement tokens so it's ok to get one or two. 

Morning Star for Beta.
    Winter harpoon for Sasha.
    Crescent Edge for HDaryl.
    Crippling winter bow for Yumiko.
    Lucky Decimator for Princess.
    The bundle weapons will help you a great deal, so it might be worth to get a few key ones. You do get a steady stream of reinforcement tokens so it's ok to get one or two. 

Morning Star for Beta.
    Winter harpoon for Sasha.
    Crescent Edge for HDaryl.
    Crippling winter bow for Yumiko.
    Lucky Decimator for Princess.

I see, I would see which weapon you mentioned show up and grab them. Thanks!
    Burmeliinis
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 50
    God, I missing progress and looking forwarding for something. Now every trait takes ages to upgrade, challenges are done with the same strategy, there is nothing to unlock or upgrade… bah 
    Jedcub
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 73
    I would wait on unlocking heroes untill you have a decent collection of tokens for them, the more you have early on the more this game is gonna a massive grind. I made that mistake and now im paying the price. I also would not focus on legendary weapons at your level, you'll get plenty in the future from lootcrates. At higher levels the legendary equipment drop chance seems to lower i believe. By then you can buy whatever you want. Untill then save any reinforment tokens you have!
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 27
    There is your answer. You only need a dozen or so heroes, the rest are mostly useless.

borneokidSpammageAngelspitxeniia
    PP1990 said:
    God, I missing progress and looking forwarding for something. Now every trait takes ages to upgrade, challenges are done with the same strategy, there is nothing to unlock or upgrade… bah 
    Sad for you, maybe you could do a fresh start? Everything looks new to me, so exciting haha.
    I would wait on unlocking heroes untill you have a decent collection of tokens for them, the more you have early on the more this game is gonna a massive grind. I made that mistake and now im paying the price. I also would not focus on legendary weapons at your level, you'll get plenty in the future from lootcrates. At higher levels the legendary equipment drop chance seems to lower i believe. By then you can buy whatever you want. Untill then save any reinforment tokens you have!
    I see, guess I'm stuck with the crappy weapons now. But what if I see a good legendary weapon on the black market? I have a Winter Hockey Stick on the black market now.  Should I leave it or buy it?
    Virtus said:
    There is your answer. You only need a dozen or so heroes, the rest are mostly useless.

Oh my god, that's a lot. Guess I'd be sticking with Daryl and Glenn for now hahaha.
    Love all the support, people! So I should focus on normal survivors, right?
    Jedcub said:
    I see, guess I'm stuck with the crappy weapons now. But what if I see a good legendary weapon on the black market? I have a Winter Hockey Stick on the black market now.  Should I leave it or buy it?
    Up to you of course. A wide-hit bruiser bat does not have to be fully upgraded to be effective, so from that point of view it's a good buy. On the other hand, there is a limited amount of weapons in the BM, so it will appear soon enough again if you don't get it now. 
    Jedcub said:
    You only need one normal survivor per class, so don't spend more than that on them.
    Jedcub said:
    Up to you of course. A wide-hit bruiser bat does not have to be fully upgraded to be effective, so from that point of view it's a good buy. On the other hand, there is a limited amount of weapons in the BM, so it will appear soon enough again if you don't get it now. 
    I see, I'll let it slide then. I think it would be better if I keep my gold high now, and for an early game like my stage, ranged survivors and heroes are better. Thank you!
    Burmeliinis
    Jedcub said:
    You only need one normal survivor per class, so don't spend more than that on them.
    I see, I'll keep the normal survivors amount to one each class. Thank you!
    Burmeliinis
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 570
    Without reading the above. 

Unlock who you enjoy. I sometimes will just use who I enjoy, don’t worrry about performance. 

Just have fun 
    Angelspitxeniia
    Without reading the above. 

Unlock who you enjoy. I sometimes will just use who I enjoy, don’t worrry about performance. 

Just have fun 
    I'm just afraid I might ruin my account haha, don't wanna make any bad choices that is gonna make my game tough.
  • DedmonDedmon Member Posts: 26
    Alternatively, I used to unlock everyone as I got them and it definitely helped having the extra toons to complete the distance and collect rewards every week. As I leveled up council I was able to level all my best heroes first and the least important ones last. By the time I was ready to increase the council again I was typically done with most characters. I did not spend money on weapons however until I was at max level but got all free ones of course. It just depends on if you are in a hurry to reach end game as fast as possible. Either way the xp and tomato farming is a grind so to each his/her own. 
    xeniia
  • xeniiaxeniia Member Posts: 37
    I believe with the reinforcement tokens you can get up to 10 levels or at least I was told so. Thus, basically level 21 of a weapon is needed in order to be able to fully level up it with the reinforcement tokens later...