Changes during the year 2021

2»

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,187
    edited September 7
    Also: can we overhaul the outpost and bring it into the year 2021?

My idea would be to finally make the walker pit viable by adding high level special walkers, metalheads, skinny, spikes. Let us place human defenders inside of the map with walkers. Make the rewards worth playing for since trade goods alone are not worth the price of admission. Toss in random phones, hero tokens, gold, tools, etc like you did with the last stand.

Cap it at 3 runs per day

I think Outpost revamp should be handled carefully, since were not likely to get much more in the way of new game modes. This one could be our last hope of some extra "fun factor"

Doze I love your ideas for it BTW.

I also think it needs some type of minor Co-op feature.

A "Group Raid" option, if you will.

I hear time and time again people say the greatest thing about this game isn't necessarily the actual gameplay but the bonds they build with their teammates. I also think this was why Guild Wars, in spite of all of its historical issues, Remains the most popular game mode for most players.

So why not some small element of team play for Ourpost?

Some ideas:
    - Limit group raids to 3 or 4 players
    - allow 22 hours for tasks to complete
    - have an extra group reward at completion
    - radios, rerolls, tokens, gold
    - no special FOMO items here
    - no real "loss" in ignoring this mode
    - no leaderboard, no pressure, just fun

(optional "Gold Raid" for 50-100 gold each, the team can have stronger enemies with much better rewards odds) 

Inject some needed "fun factor" back into this aging dinosaur of a game that we have devoted so much to.

@Lexia

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Killdozer187_
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 487
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Also: can we overhaul the outpost and bring it into the year 2021?

My idea would be to finally make the walker pit viable by adding high level special walkers, metalheads, skinny, spikes. Let us place human defenders inside of the map with walkers. Make the rewards worth playing for since trade goods alone are not worth the price of admission. Toss in random phones, hero tokens, gold, tools, etc like you did with the last stand.

Cap it at 3 runs per day

I think Outpost revamp should be handled carefully, since were not likely to get much more in the way of new game modes. This one could be our last hope of some extra "fun factor"

Doze I love your ideas for it BTW.

I also think it needs some type of minor Co-op feature.

A "Group Raid" option, if you will.

I hear time and time again people say the greatest thing about this game isn't necessarily the actual gameplay but the bonds they build with their teammates. I also think this was why Guild Wars, in spite of all of its historical issues, Remains the most popular game mode for most players.

So why not some small element of team play for Ourpost?

Some ideas:
    - Limit group raids to 3 or 4 players
    - allow 22 hours for tasks to complete
    - have an extra group reward at completion
    - radios, rerolls, tokens, gold
    - no special FOMO items here
    - no real "loss" in ignoring this mode
    - no leaderboard, no pressure, just fun

(optional "Gold Raid" for 50-100 gold each, the team can have syronger enemies with much better rewards odds) 

Inject some needed "fun factor" back into this aging dinosaur of a game that we have devoted so much to.

@Lexia
    Now that the show/series is coming to an end they should have more dev time to work on quality of life improvements to the game. Fingers🤞 that some of the wish and want lists are addressed in the future.
    ATLAS-Z
  • KhanhLeKhanhLe Member Posts: 15
    edited September 11
    Wow, this topic is controversial, really interesting. Like I said, for every game balancing is something very difficult. I think it's better to buff all instead of buff this and nerf that. And they buffed SPY by kicked melee out of the ring with a hot fix, that's balance, LOL. I don't really discuss SPY when what they've been up to lately, it's ironic. Everyone has too many ideas, but believe me, we need to fix a few old things before working on new ideas.
    edited September 7
    WellyLuga said:
    NG must be sitting back in the chairs and rubbing their hands together with glee.

Look at them on the forums, they're queuing up and actually begging us to add more ways to get them to spend their gold. The fools! :lol:
    Years ahead but way behind
    I'm on one, two, three, four, five
    No half-truths, just naked minds
    Caught between space and time
    This is not what we had in mind
    but maybe some day.

Evil glasses activated 🕶️
    WellyLuga said:
    NG must be sitting back in the chairs and rubbing their hands together with glee.

Look at them on the forums, they're queuing up and actually begging us to add more ways to get them to spend their gold. The fools! :lol:

A lot of people have spent money, just want to get good game
    RiotZappa
  • veadabaveadaba Member Posts: 19
    edited September 7
    They haven’t spent on building range teams. Theyve spent on one range team that works in 99% of maps. And those range hero’s are all brilliant in their own right so it’s not like they will have lost out on anything if they buff yumiko and nerf SPY as per my idea above. 
    You can easily spend $3000 on 3 perfect heros 😆
    Are you talking seriously? I’m thinking players are very happy, because no longer need spend money. 
    Princess and Yumiko need trait only lucky. Weapons are Lucky Decimator and Winter Flare Gun from Guild Shop, Winter Bow with crippling form BM. Badges removed from some heroes and give to them. So It’s not necessary to spend money. 
    My Princess and Yumiko have just 1 pink star and It’s enough to make score more than 4K without tools and gold. I finished challenge several times with them (I spent some tools R79,80).
    If once we build SPY team, we don’t need to spend money anymore. If almost nobody spend, then this game how can continue? 
    veadaba said:
    They haven’t spent on building range teams. Theyve spent on one range team that works in 99% of maps. And those range hero’s are all brilliant in their own right so it’s not like they will have lost out on anything if they buff yumiko and nerf SPY as per my idea above. 
    You can easily spend $3000 on 3 perfect heros 😆
    Are you taking seriously? I’m thinking players are very happy, because no longer need spend money. 
    Princess and Yumiko need trait only lucky. Weapons are Lucky Decimator and Winter Flare Gun from Guild Shop, Winter Bow with crippling form BM. Badges removed from some heroes and give to them. So It was not necessary to spend money. 
    My Princess and Yumiko have just 1 pink star and It’s enough to make score more than 4K without tools and gold. I finished challenge several times with them (I spent some tools R79,80).
    If once we build SPY team, we don’t need to spend money anymore. If almost nobody spend, then this game how can continue? 
    Yes I am serious. There's no reason to spend money if you don't have money to spend. If you have money to spend by all means spend it. I don't police people's purchases.

What I said was that if you take away something that somebody paid good money for the likelihood of pissing off the person is higher than if you changed something elsewhere within the game. 
    edited September 7

Yes I am serious. There's no reason to spend money if you don't have money to spend. If you have money to spend by all means spend it. I don't police people's purchases.

What I said was that if you take away something that somebody paid good money for the likelihood of pissing off the person is higher than if you changed something elsewhere within the game. 

Don't worry, I have own business and I have plenty of money to spend.  As I manage my business, I worry about how this game can continue. If this game ends, then where do you use SPY team? 

Many players and me spent a lot for build perfect melee team. It requires big amount of reroll tokens, radios, weapons and badges. NG took away from us. 

But that’s ok, I don’t see any future. Because Yumiko’s LT spoiled this game. 

Killdozer187_
    Ok Friedrich Nietzsche, let's enjoy this cute pug stuck inside of a toilet instead of beating a dead horse shall we?
    ATLAS-ZxeniiaWellyLuga
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,411
    I think you're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

The all max scores leaderboard was bound to happen but it's not due to Yumiko.

Lets go back a couple of years: when we saw a level 45 tank we pissed our pants, if the objective was to kill 2 of them we knew the challenge was over.

It was like fighting a couple of huge bears with some pointy sticks.

Then came the Alt heroes, harpoon, decimator, lucky flare guns and shotguns, PGG improvement, DAR, tools, Beta, infused gear, Princess, Morning Star, Shane, CE, Cripple, Yumiko and latest supports and Mercer.

Yumiko isn't the reason over 100 people get max scores, she's just one of the newest in a long series of (some small, some huge) improvements to our teams.

Largely this is our own doing, asking to "improve ranged but don't dare touch our already hugely strong melee". This is where we ended up. So we shouldn't ask to buff melee again probably. :D

The only thing that has not changed over the years are those bears. They are still exactly the same. but we're fighting them with anti tank weapons, armored vehicles, grenades and F16 air support these days.
    Poor bears don't stand a chance.

What the game needs is a new enemy. For NG to do something about the difficulty of the game. 

I don't think giving a walker more health or damage is going to change anything. 
    Maybe we need some sort of invulnerable walker that does no or little damage itself but has an influence on walkers around it or our toons (heal them at the end of the turn, give them a second attack, cripples survivors, ...). And then once it's there we need NG to use it in moderation, not add it to every map.  :D

To paraphrase: We're gonna need a bigger bear.
    I give you Cyborg Walkers... You're welcome.  B)
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    Very interesting points in this thread.

I'll give you all a perspective, my perspective of someone who's put not bad scores in the past and came back to the game after almost 2 years.

1st challenge about 3 weeks ago I've played like I used to, getting some over 2k stars without having princess and yumiko even unlocked.

Last 2 challenges, I've paid some money, unlocked them and I've maxed out the challenge.
    Well almost maxed, 2 weeks ago maxed but not max stars because I haven't had the passes (which is also ridiculous that round passes affect stars like that, but that's another subject) and this week I was 2 maps away.

Challenge is broken but that's not the biggest reason, having it capped at 4878, seeing top 100 like that makes leaderboards and overall challenge competition obsolete. This must change.

As for spy team despite what I said I agree with @WellyLuga points that 1. If nerfed people that spent time and money will be upset and might stop spending 2. This does take away the complete randomness and brings some skill despite that team being overpowered. 
    WellyLugaADPaqRiotZappa
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,942
    edited September 10

@Firekid take away harpoon, decimator and cripple/fire gun from SPY. I think you are too focused on Yumiko when it's more of a sum of the parts story.
    Ok, done https://youtu.be/IIZQaGr3_vo

I really do understand that the weapons make a massive difference but those weapons aren’t an issue if you take away the ability to fully charge an assault before their attack. That’s where the “problem” is. 
    dalmerKhanhLe
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 231
    Firekid said:

@Firekid take away harpoon, decimator and cripple/fire gun from SPY. I think you are too focused on Yumiko when it's more of a sum of the parts story.
    Ok, done https://youtu.be/IIZQaGr3_vo

I really do understand that the weapons make a massive difference but those weapons aren’t an issue if you take away the ability to fully charge an assault before their attack. That’s where the “problem” is. 
    @Firekid, level 49? Why not 35? :D

There is a whole bunch of teams you can do 49 with, especially this mission, so i don't think this proves the "power" of SPY.

I don't believe the 4878 scores come at 49 either.

Now your SPY videos without these weapons at round 67 and up, those i look forward too. :D
    FuriousMoldovanveadabadalmerADPaq
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,942
    Lol, was waiting for that comment, it just happened to be my next master map. Obviously at 67 up your going to struggle without some sort of rooting weapon because of the extra tanks. But even with those weapons but without yumiko those maps were almost impossible. So yes it’s the whole package but the weapons came first and it was still incredibly difficult to finish the challenge then yumiko comes along and people finish it within 5 hours. 
    Anyway I will still try it at 67 just for laughs. May even try the old fashioned way of Sasha and two assaults for comparison. 
    veadabadalmerKhanhLe
    @Firekid, You are very conscientious and one of the best strategist. NG should listen to him. Like me just playing 1 year and half already nothing to do, because of Yumiko's overpowered LT. All challenges became so easy.

FuriousMoldovan
    edited September 11
    When I started this topic, I don't think there are many opinions contrary to my thoughts, almost everyone loves SPY and how it works. I still haven't changed my opinion on SPY, can only laugh right now. This game is really engaging, it connects with strategy game lovers and lovers of The Walking Dead series, it's just that for me personally I find it not very good lately. Although so I still hope the game continues to grow with what has been achieved, instead of ruining them
    edited September 11
    And the way they did it with the Leaderboard Challenge system. Although I'm not a good player, but I used to watch the big players compete for rankings, and I don't see it anymore when they change Leaderboard Challenge, it's bad