Critical bug in GW scoring #2

Dear @Lexia

As an admin, you can easily close any discussion you do not like. 

I just want to deliver to you the major messages from our community (i say so as a lot of players support it):
1. fix the old bugs! 
2. concentrate on those bugs the players are angry with!
3. do not underestimate our time and efforts put into the victory. In order to win the season, the top team does not only use some amount of gold and tools for one battle. Our players put huge amount of time necessary to plan, coordinate games, advice to teammates , etc. It all goes for 4 weeks, not one day. How should feel players when one old glitch ruins their chances to win? Will several RP compensate it? Yes, we do not need it as the GW store has rather limited stock, we have already bought everything useful.

The only satisfactory compensation would be sincere apologies from developers and SOLID PROMISE to fix this bug and add the technical opportunity to correct GW score until next season. 

VastichMikhailJunicadante2307Balabolmiori199373YuraKarabanovTCBRITOrelb67ADPaqFuriousMoldovan

Comments

• brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    Some legitimate insight into this bug and why it happens would be nice. 
    And what NG is doing about it, us players that invest a lot of time into this format would like to see how it’s being rectified. 
    When matches are so tight, these small discrepancies can be crucial at the business end coming into Week 4. 
    The Season can finish off being as close as 2 points. That’s how crucial this error is. 
    miori199373YuraKarabanovTCBRITO
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,083
    I started a thread earlier where I gave some suggestions on how to make GW harder. That is really the main issue - the game mode is too easy now so it boils down to who was most lucky with fingerslips and who had the most benefit of some - after all - uncommon glitches. When not even the top players can have a 100% success rate bugs like these would not have the same impact.

I'm not optimistic about NG being able to fix this bug. It is clearly related to a lag between the user's device and the servers, and NG already earlier said they increased the capacity of their servers by a lot. So it's not like this problem can be fixed by adding a few rows of code, probably the whole communication between device and server should be rewritten and that obviously would open up for all kinds of new bugs.

But add the star hero, give points for not using tools, make missions harder, something is needed to actually differentiate between the best and the rest.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    Cheburashka222TCBRITOpollorexAnjelos
    Yea I love the idea of being rewarded for not using tools. Would push players to not go the easy route 
    Another thing NG could add (what has previously been done) @Burmeliinis is giving us the star hero. Not sure why NG has gone away from that. 
    But that would definitely prevent draws. And would push players outside of their comfort zones and the same teams over and over.
    Cheburashka222TCBRITO
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,083
    edited October 2021
    If I remember correctly, the star hero was removed because sometimes you didn't get the points for using him/her. So that would open a new can of worms :sweat_smile:  - unless they have managed to fix that bug in the last 2 years or so.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Balabolbrucewayne007
  • fragcandancefragcandance Member Posts: 39
    please do not flood here. this topic is about bugs in GW, and how does NG deal with it (does not deal actually).Burmeliinis said:
    I started a thread earlier where I gave some suggestions on how to make GW harder. That is really the main issue - the game mode is too easy now so it boils down to who was most lucky with fingerslips and who had the most benefit of some - after all - uncommon glitches. When not even the top players can have a 100% success rate bugs like these would not have the same impact.

I'm not optimistic about NG being able to fix this bug. It is clearly related to a lag between the user's device and the servers, and NG already earlier said they increased the capacity of their servers by a lot. So it's not like this problem can be fixed by adding a few rows of code, probably the whole communication between device and server should be rewritten and that obviously would open up for all kinds of new bugs.

But add the star hero, give points for not using tools, make missions harder, something is needed to actually differentiate between the best and the rest.

YuraKarabanovADPaqpollorex
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,132
    edited October 2021
    @Burmeliinis did address the topic directly and I do agree. I think NG may work to improve the bugs but with so many variables it might never be totally avoidable. How many battles are there per day in the game? Per war? Per season? Then how often does something like this happen, very rarely so it must be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause and even if they do, it might not be something they can avoid or fix.

The variables like star hero, tool free reward, making missions more difficult are all topics for another debate but there's no denying that if these things were in place there would be more things to separate teams and if such a bug did happen it might not be a deciding factor in victory. 

All that said, without this bug we would still be 1st. TLOU would still be 2nd. You might have just crept into 3rd. So it did not alter things as much as you are making out. We will see you on the battlefield in week 4 my friend :trollface:@fragcandance
    Cheburashka222ChrisScorpioBalabolHellJesus_
    After this playful message I'm glad we actually did manage to meet on the battlefield :sunglasses:. Props to @fragcandance for putting up a max score, it was a good fight! 

brucewayne007s7eyeW8

@WellyLuga 😆😆😅
    FuriousMoldovanxeniia
    @fragcandance

Off topic or on. 
    Embrace the free bump

@WellyLuga 😆😆😅
    That was actually not my intention at all :lol:
  • fragcandancefragcandance Member Posts: 39
    WellyLuga said:
    After this playful message I'm glad we actually did manage to meet on the battlefield :sunglasses:. Props to @fragcandance for putting up a max score, it was a good fight! 

Good game. WW was lucky again, but this time won clearly. Congrats.
    miori199373WellyLugabronik_dark