Loosing in Guild Wars

ElsbethElsbeth Member Posts: 140
edited November 2021 in Guild Wars Discussion
So, just wondering if there are other teams that lose 100% of the time, and what do you do about it? The NML matchmaking doesn’t really work for us. We have low to mid level players, and seem to match against mid to upper mid players. Example, we play sector 14, they play sector 15.  We play sector 4, they play sector 5. Thanks for your thoughts.
Xena64

Comments

  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,608
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,006
    edited October 2021
    You are playing your sectors early and the opponent sees what you play because of the sector bonus. Then the opponent plays 1 sector above you to bring in just enough points to win but not so many points that they blow you out on the score board and then rank up quickly only to face harder opponents that beat them.

    Because you are playing your sectors early, you will basically nearly always loose against other teams who track you. Medium ranged teams is where sector tracking seems to begin. So you are up against a wall and the wall will not move unless a fundamental change in the game occurs.

    I hate to explain why you're losing, you're not a bad player. However, there is no room in gw for casual guilds with average play to succeed on anything approaching a normal win rate. Guilds who play the exact same islands without fail every single time will not have a 50% win ratio. So you're not alone in this.

    The good news is that the tools used to organize gw and track sector scores and individual scores, these are things the community shares readily with itself. Join the Line community or discord community and ask around. All the doors are open.

    Either you are a shark or you are the chum in the water.


    pollorexElsbethShadowWalkerJinkisaladin
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,006
    Scroll to the post immediately underneath. Paste is oh so right.
    Elsbeth
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    One thing my guild did when get to a high level and was losing 3 of 4 or 4 of 4

    It was split more the teams and balance the force so that way we now we will not get a huge opponent
    Elsbeth
  • Seabee2018Seabee2018 Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2021
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    Well this is no fun!!!!
    No you are right, as you see they are just balancing power look at the bottom one just 324.

    Is no good for the Ones always doing island 1 or bonus. 

    That's one thing no body like to do those island

    Elsbeth
  • ElsbethElsbeth Member Posts: 140
    We won 2!  Waited to play til later. 

    But then lost 2 cuz swords not used.  Makes me mad.  Repeat offenders are sent packing.  
  • ionicaionica Member Posts: 67
    pollorex said:
    Well this is no fun!!!!
    No you are right, as you see they are just balancing power look at the bottom one just 324.

    Is no good for the Ones always doing island 1 or bonus. 

    That's one thing no body like to do those island

    That's not island 1 or bonus, that is a player doing only humans.
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    ionica said:
    pollorex said:
    Well this is no fun!!!!
    No you are right, as you see they are just balancing power look at the bottom one just 324.

    Is no good for the Ones always doing island 1 or bonus. 

    That's one thing no body like to do those island

    That's not island 1 or bonus, that is a player doing only humans.
    No always somethings there are low level in the guild.

    Also they have to get 360 for only humans. Went there is different of power humans are easily killed. Also you can see is a no full guild max the have to be 9 or ten members there.
  • Seabee2018Seabee2018 Member Posts: 36
    Bronze1 ????? Yea right.
    Elsbeth
  • Seabee2018Seabee2018 Member Posts: 36
    I don't like being "Chum" in the water, so since nextgame can't seem to fix this problem and make it fair, looks like we will just have to take our cookies and go home.
    Elsbeth
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,608
    Bronze1 ????? Yea right.
    It's a visual bug that NG seems to be refusing to fix @Lexia. Enemy team shows as Bronze 1 but (in most cases) it's not.
    If you go back to Missions screen, it will even show both your and enemy guild icons as Bronze 1 (after battle has started) here:

    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ThüringerElsbeth
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,006
    I don't like being "Chum" in the water, so since nextgame can't seem to fix this problem and make it fair, looks like we will just have to take our cookies and go home.
    You are absolutely right.

    Guilds who don't make it into the top 200 should NEVER be matched with guilds that make it into the top 100. They also should never be matched with newly formed guilds. Certain things like this are beyond obvious.
    Elsbeth
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,608
    edited November 2021
    @Lexia @Fluxxx Which brings us yet again to broken GW matchmaking and my suggestion which could fix it permanently, if properly implemented:
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/441511/#Comment_441511
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    Elsbeth
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659

    Lol
    FuriousMoldovanElsbeth
  • ionicaionica Member Posts: 67
    Maybe there are some fine tunnings to be made, but I feel matchmaking with the tier system is doing its job.
    Previous week my guild scored all victories (we played well and did not match with dinosaurs) and we quickly increased tier.
    This week we faced more experienced guilds, that did well in previous week and also increased the tier, and I could see it. 2 loses in 2 days, because we did not play perfectly.
    The system is working, and there will always be defeated teams to blame it on the system, even though they did not perform as well as the competitors.
    The bugs with unaccounted fights and so on, are bugs (exceptions) and should be treated accordingly.

    So now I'm ready for my hate comments.


    Noiserating
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,006
    Aiming my flaming trebuchet at you...


    ...too bored to launch!!  >_<
    Elsbeth
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 214
    ionica said:
    Maybe there are some fine tunnings to be made, but I feel matchmaking with the tier system is doing its job.
    Previous week my guild scored all victories (we played well and did not match with dinosaurs) and we quickly increased tier.
    This week we faced more experienced guilds, that did well in previous week and also increased the tier, and I could see it. 2 loses in 2 days, because we did not play perfectly.
    The system is working, and there will always be defeated teams to blame it on the system, even though they did not perform as well as the competitors.
    The bugs with unaccounted fights and so on, are bugs (exceptions) and should be treated accordingly.

    So now I'm ready for my hate comments.


    Also if you go around a little you will find a lot of people in dead guilds with just 2 online person in levels 70...75.

    I don't know if they didn't know how to leave the guild. 

    Those guys if they know how to play can make a good score with a nubbies
Sign In or Register to comment.