iOS game shutting down

ignasignas Member Posts: 385
After Anniversary update game started to close without any notice from time to time. This happens in every mode and multiple people for guild and community confirm happens only on iOS devices. 

Today on GW on 10 maps it happened 5 times, once resulting loosing sword - after restarting game, game was showing I’m still in the mission while being outside.
echonapdumboShezza10PP1990

Comments

• Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 208
    I have had this too. It starts with the audio crashing then game goes dark and shuts down. It’s never cost me anything and when I restart I’m in the same place as when it crashed. 
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 81
    3-5 times a day for me too
    RiotZappa
  • dumbodumbo Member Posts: 34
    Ich habe auch seit einiger Zeit das gleiche Problem. Hab gestern InGame einen Hilferuf abgesetzt und bekam nicht wirklich hilfreiche Tipps zurück von NG . Hoffe NG erkennt bald dieses Problem und fixt es mit einem Update . Hab mal in unserer Deutschen Line Community nachgefragt. Habe viele iOS Nutzer das Problem.
    relb67
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,416
    Contact in game support for assistance that’s the best way.  Posting on the forum is nice but contacting in game support provides NG with more information to work with.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 385
    I game support did not help (below reply) and there were plenty of evidence that reporting issues on forum gives better results. Issue touches plenty of people hence I hope it will be prioritized @Lexia  

Reply from support:

Normally, freezing, crashing, or lagging in the game, is most likely connected to device-related performance issues. Thus, I would like first to ask you to try the following tips (especially tip #2) to improve your device performance. If your difficulties continue after trying them, please let me know and I’ll investigate this further:

1. The game works best on the latest iOS devices. Always make sure that you're running the latest version of iOS on your Apple device. Enter "Settings" > "General" > "Software" and check if there is an update available.

2. Check if the device has enough free storage space available (at least 5 GB). Go to "Settings" > "About" and compare "Capacity" and "Available”. Lack of space can result in crashes, slowness, connectivity issues, and other unexpected issues in any app. Free up space by removing unused apps, pictures, and videos.

3. Free up device memory by closing apps that run in the background. Double-click the round "Home" button to see all apps currently running, then swipe them upwards to close them. Long play sessions can also burden device memory so closing the game more frequently might improve performance.

4. Turn your device off and on again, then launch the game. The device's memory should be free and app performance improved!

5. Keep in mind that we do not support the use of a jail-broken device and there is no guarantee the game will run without issues, or that the issue can be resolved any other way than by resetting your device entirely.
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 99
    I put an “in game” ticket as well.  It crashes several times daily,  and has nothing to do with the canned list of what to try above. The more people sending tickets, the more traction if hopefully gets.   
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,416
    I put an “in game” ticket as well.  It crashes several times daily,  and has nothing to do with the canned list of what to try above. The more people sending tickets, the more traction if hopefully gets.   
    This^^^

Also if you are playing on older iOS device you may be SOL, I've had so many iOS devices for this game, it's not the same game from 2015.
    CrowTRobot
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 88
    I play on 2 different iPads both on iPadIOS 15.1 and one of them is an iPad Pro 11 3rd generation purchased this year.  The game crashes periodically since the anniversary update on both iPads. I barely have anything on my new iPad and it’s none of the conditions listed above. Before the update, the game did not crash on either devices. This issue is definitely not device specific but something in the software that is causing the crash. 
    echonapBurmeliinisignas
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,037
    edited November 2021
    Agreed. The game started crashing on my iPhone 7 at around the same time Ignis said. I got a brand new iPhone 13 with a lot of memory a few weeks ago, and it still crashes in the same way.

Very clearly this is not a device issue other than of course being iOS-related.

EDIT. The game actually crashed when trying to write the in-game support :lol:
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 344
    Hello,

To quickly jump in on the subject - we are aware of the occasional iOS crashes and are looking into it. If you are experiencing crashes with an iOS device, please do reach out to support so they can help with basic troubleshooting tips, and also note your case for further investigation. 

Thank you 🙏
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 385
    @Lexia any progress on this as game is still crushing 
  • LexiaLexia Community Manager Posts: 344
    @ignas unfortunately nothing more at the moment, but hasn't been forgotten

ignas
  • Walking_FredWalking_Fred Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2021
    Issue persists after the latest iOS update released and installed on 22 Dec. 
    Shezza10
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 81
    After the last update, the game is crashing even more frequently than before. I was logging it in an in game support chat, but now it’s crashing 5-10 times per day and I give up. 
    EngAamie