Suggestion for New Walker Type - Juggernaut

YikesYikes Member Posts: 156
Imagine, if you will, a hulking walker lumbering towards your heroes and it cannot be stunned.  Not only that but any walker that was stunned are now no longer stunned as this huge beast assails your desparate survivors.  Your stun wall crumbles and you're surrounded with no means of escape.

This is a new type of walker, the juggernaut.  The juggernaut is similar to the tank in that it has a huge health pool and cannot be stunned and can stun survivors.  The difference is that it emits an aura where stunned walkers adjacent to it become unstunned and any walkers adjacent to it are immune to being stunned.

————————————————————-

Why introduce this new walker type?
I used to explain to my teammates that to do well in this game, it should NOT be thought of a zombie killing game but a puzzle game where each mission is solved by using different heroes with different skills and equipments.  With the introduction of SPY, however, this is no longer the case because the solution is invariably SPY.  It's sad that we've lost some of the creative aspects in this game.  

To restore balance, NG can:
1) Nerf SPY which will anger and turn off many players who have spent time and money building their teams.  We don't want this.
2) Buff melee heroes (such as the introduction of the new melee trait Perseverance).  More options is always good.
3) Change the nature of the threat.

This new walker type is in the third category.  The juggernaut will make building a stun wall with the SPY team more difficult and players will have to think twice about whether SPY is the appropriate team for the mission.  Generating threats used to have a cost but the ability to permanently stun walkers with SPY have rendered that cost nil.  Introducing the juggernaut will hopefully make melee teams viable as a solution because the threat matrix has changed.  Perhaps, the juggernaut can take more damage from melee attacks.

It would be cool to have a new model for the juggernaut but if it's too time consuming or costly to implement, maybe just use the tank model and give him different colored pants.  Walkers that are stun resistant from the aura of the juggernaut should have some kind of indicator (like fast walkers have an icon). 

Carl_Tyreese999

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,882
    Can the immune walkers have the same color pants as the juggernaut?

Maybe like in a music video?

Cool idea

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Carl_Tyreese999
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 156
    Speaking of music video, I think it’d be cool if they pay homage to Michael Jackson and make the juggernaut look like him in Thriller (red leather outfit with the black V stripe) where the shambling zombies all group up and dance in synch with him as he strolls by.  :)
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,882

Mmmmm hmmmm

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Carl_Tyreese999
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    The best part of this idea is that there should be some new walker which ranged can't handle but, somehow, mele can. That's the idea that balances how unbalanced spy is. If some maps have to be played with mele or are much easier to do so, that's not a bad thing.
    ShadowWalker
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    Fear the walking dead has those toxic walkers. 
    The game could get creative! 
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 156
    I imagined that if someone with Beta’s power dies and is turned, he would retain some of his ability to control the rest of the herd.  

Also, we have players asking for guild war difficulty to be increased and complaints of too many ties in Challenges.  Maybe the juggernaut can be first introduced for islands 19 and 20 and the last 6 rounds of nightmare challenge levels. 
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    Fear the walking dead has those toxic walkers. 
    The game could get creative! 
    I was thinking the same thing.

Masks on! Now!