Ezekiel is going to be a PvP defence monster!!!

Imagine that you are attacking freemen missions in Guild war or Outpost. You are facing two ranged enemies with Ezekiel as the leader. You can no more stun them without getting attacked first. What is worse, if the enemy can retaliate, you will get attacked twice for your offence. The first one gives you a red health, and the second one kills you, instantly in one round. Hoo! What if they can also revenge? Your charged assault will face up two 6 times of attack if you fail to stun them immediately. Or you will face 4 (2 Regal Authority and 2 revenge) ones even if you succeed. Amen! Please forbid Ezekiel from being the leader of PvP defence team!
ShadowWalkerBurmeliinisghost_pepperxeniiaFirekidKarajoca

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,052
    I mean, if he is finally good for something why ban him? Let the poor man finally shine at something.

Also, and I could be wrong, but can't we just counter Ezekiel leads by using overwatch attacks?
    Carl_Tyreese999
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,530
    I can see Ezekiel replacing Carl as the Outpost defender of choice. Imagine attacking Outpost defenders, but getting shot with incendiary weapons before you can attack which might prevent your charge attack from even happening because you are on fire (?). I think your charge attack would still happen, but I need to see the mechanics. And if you do get your attack in, you then get hit with Retaliate and/or Revenge from same said weapons. TBH, I think this balances out the huge disadvantage the defender always had with badges not working. It will be a bigger challenge in the Outposts. I sort of like that for now unless I keep getting burned to a crisp each time. :lol:
    DcM
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,530
    Also, if your defenders attack using Ezekiel's LT, does that "wake them up" the team for Overwatch defense? This could get out of hand very quickly. :naughty:
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 740
    Carl Grimes.... your services are no longer needed. At least for leader slot.
    Carl_Tyreese999
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    Ezekiel. Flare gun. Problem solved.

30 rp per human kill round is an improvement. The walkers at much lower levels are so weak they should give fewer rp than the human defenders. Even casual players handle those lower level walkers easily enough.
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITOanniesprinkles
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 659
    I have to disagree. 

And whoever above said Carl will be replaced is kidding themselves. Carl is an absolute beast to play against. I have him at 67% LT and from memory Lucky effects it so with 42% which I have it totals at 95.14% chance it works. Maaaaate….. thats bank baby. 
    With Ezekiel, to counter his LT just get a long range pistol and pick him off. Problem solved. No need to get physical and go hand to hand. 
    In saying all this, I do like them reworking his LT. It’s good that NG hasn’t given up on old hero’s. 
    I will use Ezekiel for some fun. Mix it up
    Sarge_
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    I have to disagree.

With Ezekiel, to counter his LT just get a long range pistol and pick him off. Problem solved.
    Isn't that what I said?
    brucewayne007ADPaq
  • ShianShian Member Posts: 132
    Golden high powered should do the job
    I have to disagree.

With Ezekiel, to counter his LT just get a long range pistol and pick him off. Problem solved.
    Isn't that what I said?
    If I’m honest man I stopped reading once I saw someone say Carl is ineffective. I just replied after that. 
    If you said it, great minds think alike ✊🏻
    ghost_pepper
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,832
    That moment when you go in with 3 bruisers (Negan lead) and don't give a single fuck about who defenders are.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ShadowWalkerbrucewayne007Sarge_Ronin_Dave
    That moment when you go in with 3 bruisers (Negan lead) and don't give a single fuck about who defenders are.
    Yea I run double Bruisers and with Hmaggie leading long range. The only annoyance I get is Carl survival rate. 
    FuriousMoldovan
  • TimyunTimyun Member Posts: 242
    Yea I run double Bruisers and with Hmaggie leading long range. The only annoyance I get is Carl survival rate. 
    What if your enemy unlocked the starbound rifle with unlimited range? :D
    FuriousMoldovanbrucewayne007Carl_Tyreese999
    Timyun said:
    That sounds like a 2022 problem 😅
    I will cross that path when it arrives :) 
    nyxx79
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 740
    I have to disagree. 

And whoever above said Carl will be replaced is kidding themselves. Carl is an absolute beast to play against. I have him at 67% LT and from memory Lucky effects it so with 42% which I have it totals at 95.14% chance it works. Maaaaate….. thats bank baby. 
    With Ezekiel, to counter his LT just get a long range pistol and pick him off. Problem solved. No need to get physical and go hand to hand. 
    In saying all this, I do like them reworking his LT. It’s good that NG hasn’t given up on old hero’s. 
    I never meant to slight anyone who uses Carl as an Outpost/Defender Lead nor did I imply that others should supplant him. My apologies if it was inferred as such. What is worth considering especially with Ezekiel's new leader Trait and a Hunter on his team with the new Starbound Rifle (where targets being out of range is no longer an issue), is that the likelihood of the first attack from aforementioned Hunter with aforementioned Rifle upon seeing the first raiding enemy being a guaranteed unforgiving blow (as in energy being in red before the Defenders turn to attack) is very much a possibility. Especially if Retaliate and Revenge are on Ezekiel's ranged teammates and subsequently those raiding will be overwhelmed with counter attacks should they attack any defenders.... even more so if they are near Ezekiel whereby he can give initial strike. Just my $0.02 and hopefully I've worded/articulated/expressed it properly.
    brucewayne007AngelspitCarl_Tyreese999
    I have to disagree. 

I never meant to slight anyone who uses Carl as an Outpost/Defender Lead nor did I imply that others should supplant him. My apologies if it was inferred as such. What is worth considering especially with Ezekiel's new leader Trait and a Hunter on his team with the new Starbound Rifle (where targets being out of range is no longer an issue), is that the likelihood of the first attack from aforementioned Hunter with aforementioned Rifle upon seeing the first raiding enemy being a guaranteed unforgiving blow (as in energy being in red before the Defenders turn to attack) is very much a possibility. Especially if Retaliate and Revenge are on Ezekiel's ranged teammates and subsequently those raiding will be overwhelmed with counter attacks should they attack any defenders.... even more so if they are near Ezekiel whereby he can give initial strike. Just my $0.02 and hopefully I've worded/articulated/expressed it properly.
    It’s all good Mud. I can envision his use also 

I will be running him into my B Team with something similar to what you mentioned. The new high powered rifle with unlimited distance will be cool. I’m interested in seeing the possibilities. 
    I’m glad they have reworked him. Gives us something new to try out. 
    But all is good mate. I get tunnel vision sometimes when I’m flicking through text. That’s all 👍🏻
    MudMoccasinATLAS-ZWellyLugaAngelspit
  • BustaBusta Member Posts: 109
    Timyun said:
    Well it has no fire or cripple on it so.... its still trash even with zek leading....

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,064
    Also, if you are preempting an attack with the starbound rifle then your clearly in range of a normal weapon so would prempt with most weapons anyway. 
    Malarky
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 608
    edited November 2021
    I never imagined the day where people would be this hype to use Ezekiel after 6 years of never using him
    FuriousMoldovan
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,832
    "Only" 4 years, Zeke was released in 2017 :)
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    Killdozer187_
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,052
    Honestly I am not that hyped. He might be a more interesting defender now, but that's about it. Although maybe if we get more Razor/Piercing in the game then an Interrupting strategy might be viable at higher levels.
    FuriousMoldovan
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 608
    "Only" 4 years, Zeke was released in 2017 :)
    My bad, I never paid attention to him in the first place 😃
    FuriousMoldovanGovernator