Perseverance not working as intended

I replaced Strong trait on my bruiser with Perseverance trait for getting extra charge points as Bruiser rarely kill enemies with a single hit. My bruiser has 39% chance of the trait activating.

During the mission I hit some 11 enemies with my bruiser and Perseverance didn't work even a single time i.e zero percent as against 39% written. I should have at least gotten 4 charge points with the 39% chance. I have seen other traits work better than Perseverance.

Here is my bruiser and video

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

ShadowWalker

Comments

• ShianShian Member Posts: 133
    Dude have you ever seen a phone that 101% charged yet?
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 248
    Also all your attack are Normal no body shots there
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,058
    pollorex said:
    Also all your attack are Normal no body shots there
    No body shots has nothing to do with Perseverance, as long as you don't kill the enemy you can get a charge point. You are thinking about Sasha's LT.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,286
    I don't think there is any mention of Perseverance working on body shots only. It's description says attacks and not body shots. It was my bad that I didn't see the fully charged the last time. 

I tried it again and It activated only once i.e less than 10%. I previously tried it during the GW and similar result.

My issue is perseverance is not activating the requisite number of times. On paper there is  39% chance of it activating but in reality it is activating less than 10%. Even swift strike activated more times than it. 

Perseverance is a game changer for melee but it loses its potential if it doesn't activate properly. Maybe there is something wrong with the coding.

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

• ElsbethElsbeth Member Posts: 152
    Is the thinking switch out luck for perseverance in bruisers?  I know this is oversimplified by what say you experts?
    Burmeliinis
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2021
    39% might be the chances of it activating but that doesn’t guarantee 4 charge points every 10 hits. You are the victim of small sample size.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    If your bruiser had Lucky instead of Iron Skin and you used a Lucky staff, I believe your Perseverance chance to trigger would be 53.43% instead of 39%. In addition, you would have a much higher chance both to do a stun on walkers and also for that stun to be for 2 turns instead of 1 turn. I would aspire to build your bruiser in that direction instead of how you have it.

I'm just going to say it and I don't intend it to be mean, just honest. Silver tactical for hand with Iron Skin trait at the same time is some weak-sauce. Getting 67% DR with matching badges will bring you to 80%. Getting that 67% with Trait bonuses because they trigger is easy to do. Being able to reroll badges for Set and Slot with a guarantee of getting what you actually want, this is huge. There's no reason to be trapped behind both silver tactical and Iron Skin. The game gets better without them.
    anniesprinkles
  • pollorexpollorex Member Posts: 248
    Little strange i have no lucky trait and I get a pretty good results

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,396
    Elsbeth said:
    Is the thinking switch out luck for perseverance in bruisers?  I know this is oversimplified by what say you experts?
    Bad idea since perseverance is a chance based trait so lucky will improve the chance perseverance activates. You could argue on a lower level bruiser that perhaps perseverance over dodge would be more beneficial (keeping lucky and retaliate) however at the higher levels it makes more sense to have perseverance instead of retaliate on your hero bruisers. Perseverance does not work with retaliate, unlike punish, and your goal is to get or keep your bruiser charged.
    ShadowWalkeranniesprinkles