current star hero is so booring

current star hero is so boring
i was exited over the star hero concept, thinking it would stimulate and encourage using different teams. using Beta is my favorite because you can herd, stun with ms, etc. 
i played 10+ hours each day. 
But now after only a few days I find myself not wanting to play because every round i have to use the same teams, with the sale tactics in the same maps to have a chance of good rewards.

I  used to use many different teams for the same map during earlier rounds. one using prowling, one using herding, a ranged one. if it failed i could try another team while waiting for the first to heal. only at late stages i had to start using the sale smy/spy team every time. 

with the star hero it is the same all the time and any failure, due to bug, slipping finger, bad luck or just bad play results in waiting almost 3hours to try again.  in which i can try another game i guess and get hooked on that. 
i see only 3 solutions to this:
1) the fast and easiest is to bring back old reward structure, i will play as before. i do not care about the extra stars then because i think the old structure gave rewards at the lvl the players actually can use them. 
2) improve the spy hero concept by making it  carefully considered star team. 
You must use one of a team as leader, but can change him for another of the team. 
3 keep one star hero who must be in the team, but he can be in any position.
DyAmondSparrowMervAnjelos

Comments

• ShianShian Member Posts: 133
    Can the team Bring us the feature to ban 3 random hero of every challenge week @Lexia or maybe choosing different mode like the new Last Stand witn random hero pool
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,912
    @IcePeter @WellyLuga I was just coming on here to say the same thing you guys beat me to it

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,056
    IcePeter said:
    Another crazy alternative is to play with the team you want to play with if star hero becomes a chore. Beta is about as fun a star hero as we’re going to get. Just wait until Governor, hunter Maggie, hunter Daryl, Merle, Abraham, Jerry, Gabriel, or Carol week. 
    I actually think having a reason to use the shitty heroes would be more fun. The top tier heroes are the worst Star Heroes because then you just repeat the same thing over and over again. With weaker Star Heroes there would actually be a stopping point where we will have to switch to different mid game strategies, and then of course we will get to the SMY marathon at the end of the challenge.

That being said I do agree that Beta is a very fun Hero to use. I just don't find using the same strategy for 50+ rounds that exciting.
    AngelspitRiotZappa
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 157
    Would a different star hero per Challenge round be better?  It can be random but the same star hero on each round for everyone. Would take out some tedium and repetitiousness.  Another option is to move the star hero concept into an “expert” mode like the last stand and those who like it for the higher difficulty and reward can go there. 
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,912
    Yikes said:
    Would a different star hero per Challenge round be better?  It can be random but the same star hero on each round for everyone. Would take out some tedium and repetitiousness.  Another option is to move the star hero concept into an “expert” mode like the last stand and those who like it for the higher difficulty and reward can go there. 

That's just it, you can call from the hilltops that you want higher rewards, but that doesn't mean NGs will (or should) give out more and more. 

I like the concept of expert challenge, in fact i propsed an idea of a post challenge rumble, where players can continue to pad their scores for unlimited rounds, but the one catch is... NO extra rewards.

So you know the players in the "bonus" challenge care about one thing and one thing only... Being the best. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,129
    IcePeter said:
    Another crazy alternative is to play with the team you want to play with if star hero becomes a chore. Beta is about as fun a star hero as we’re going to get. Just wait until Governor, hunter Maggie, hunter Daryl, Merle, Abraham, Jerry, Gabriel, or Carol week. 
    I actually think having a reason to use the shitty heroes would be more fun. The top tier heroes are the worst Star Heroes because then you just repeat the same thing over and over again. With weaker Star Heroes there would actually be a stopping point where we will have to switch to different mid game strategies, and then of course we will get to the SMY marathon at the end of the challenge.

That being said I do agree that Beta is a very fun Hero to use. I just don't find using the same strategy for 50+ rounds that exciting.
    Players have learned now they can play full stars with any star hero on almost any map.

All you need is to stun walkers on the first turn, with weapons and support and even a blast grenade, and then they can charge princess. Then you can princess and yumiko your way to the exit while star hero grabs boxes. Place your heros and stunned walkers onto their spawns if needed. Spend gold when needed. Finish in a day.

There was no epic fix here.
    ADPaqRiotZappapollorexHellJesus_
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 414
    edited December 2021
    Next fix - 5 stars for using 2 star heroes and 6 stars for using 3 star heroes.

Forgot to add, we've gone from SPY to SHPY.
    SHPY. That's perfect.

FUNG!
    pollorex
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,056
    IcePeter said:

Players have learned now they can play full stars with any star hero on almost any map.

All you need is to stun walkers on the first turn, with weapons and support and even a blast grenade, and then they can charge princess. Then you can princess and yumiko your way to the exit while star hero grabs boxes. Place your heros and stunned walkers onto their spawns if needed. Spend gold when needed. Finish in a day.

There was no epic fix here.
    I am going to remain optimistic for one more week before I accept this inevitable conclusion. This was a fairly easy map set, also Beta is one of the best heroes in the game and started charged. I am sure anything is possible for those who choose to use tools, gold and gas boosters every week, but I do think for most players there will be a point where they stop bothering with the star hero.
    It's the ultimate cash drain for competitive leaderboard players still in this game. Ng is saying one of the best bond lines ever.

RiotZappaCronusFuriousMoldovanxeniia
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,535
    I'll put money on Beth being next after Alpha. :lol:
    RiotZappaxeniiaArqueue
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 144
    Fingers crossed we get her for Sanctuary or BBQ.
    Governator
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 244

what a good way to overcum the boredom in the forum. i'm guessing its HDaryl
    AngelspitGovernatorRiotZappa
    Arqueue said:

what a good way to overcum the boredom in the forum. i'm guessing its HDaryl
    Not untill after they try to sell us some new TR knife with double damage bs and bugs. If we want mele, we have to pay for it.
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 402
    Beth or prowler Daryl, assuming they’re sticking with the pattern of a recent star hero from the charged class. Scouts are next. Slaughterhouse or Dream Challenge are the likely next challenges.
  • ArqueueArqueue Member Posts: 244
    looks like Alpha is the first star hero to slow down the soldiers players' advance towards the challenge summit. i just cant wait to see what the overgrown teddy bear Jerry can do
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappa
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 144
    Gave up ages ago, I’m not spending 29 gold every time a shit hero gets injured.

Should be half healing for star hero.
    Arqueue
  • WDW76WDW76 Member Posts: 59
    Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein