POLL: Fixed gas cost for challenge missions?

byrisbyris Member Posts: 112
Should gas costs increase as you advance through challenge missions? It's not like the distance between camp and challenge missions change, so why should gas go up?

POLL: Fixed gas cost for challenge missions? 35 votes

I like the incremental step in gas costs as missions get harder.
34%
TransmuteJunzoson[Deleted User]gabriel_lwhshabbaTeanut我是云云BarcodeJJorbetSourPancakesluv2wanderMerilon 12 votes
I think gas for challenge missions should be a fixed cost regardless of difficulty.
65%
Amigaspartan912JazzDeadBeatCarolMbasiaMDDaleggbatsSipher07lobofettwoodstockSistersOfDaryl_GagaLamsir[Deleted User]SerpLightfeetbyrisKaiKaiceoofognWalkerBiterWhatever 23 votes

Comments

• byrisbyris Member Posts: 112
    I think gas for challenge missions should be a fixed cost regardless of difficulty.
    Distance doesn't change, crate rewards are not commensurate with gas spent.
    ceoofogn[Deleted User]
  • byrisbyris Member Posts: 112
    If your going to increase gas costs, perhaps charge more gas when mission difficulty = current highest survivor lvl. At least then, gas spent will be worth reward crates received!
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    They have already significantly reduced the gas cost for challenge missions. The gas cost serves to make it appealing to do other things. If you want to keep getting stars - you can - but it's going to cost you.

The real problem is the two challenges per week. They need to stretch the scaling out and return to a 1 challenge per week schedule. You'll get more missions at each gas level, and have a longer amount of time to do the star challenge.
    Lawdogshakhid
  • I like the incremental step in gas costs as missions get harder.
    100% agree with you @zoson

Tammy

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

Lawdog
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Well said, @ Zoson. The level 12 challenges used to cost 7 gas each. Now, they are 5. I am not there yet, but someone told me the hardest missions are 4 less than they used to be. The problem really is the 2 challenges a week eating all the gas and leaving little time for other aspects of the game IF you are competitive with the challenges. Personally, I get as high as I can on day 1, spend day 2 on other stuff, then go back to the challenges on day 3 to finish up what I can get.
  • WalkerBiterWhateverWalkerBiterWhatever Member Posts: 27
    You got the point @byris
    Member of DeadFamily

• TeanutTeanut Member Posts: 53
    I'm guessing if they went for a change to end the incremental increases, the cost is going to increase overall and frankly I don't care to be spending 5-6 gas on the first missions to earn a level 1 knife reward. The incremental increases are good for the lower level players. I would prefer the first levels to cost 2 gas as the rewards suck but I am thankful they dropped them as they have.
    mcbkhicks
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Zoson for president
    eetu
  • SistersOfDaryl_GagaSistersOfDaryl_Gaga Member Posts: 164
    The limiting factors in challenge missions are

- the one hour mission cool down (which I don't like, too)
    - the difficulty of the missions (most important)
    - the time limit for the challenge

I never played a challenge where I was stopped by the gas costs. It would be much nicer if you could play at any time. Play the whole challenge on Monday and play Bonus and Outpost missions the other days. Or don't play at all. Gas limit sounds like a good idea for preventing people to play too much, but it forces you to return to the game every three hours, play three missions and this again and again. That's - for people with a full schedule - much more time killing and stressing.
    Gaga
    __
    If you want to join us on Oktober 8th or later, contact me. -- Line: sister.gaga --
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.