progress almost impossible for non-veterans.

star hero and rewards make progress almost impossible for those who have not played several years.

1)  special star hero call gives you the star hero but his traits and lvl will be so low he is practically unusable.
2) lower level (under 28) heroes do not enough damage to rely on damage to kill walkers except at the lowest rounds.
Non veterans will not have many heroes at that level., so most times they cannot score high in challenge.

3) non veterans have most heroes unbadged.  that results in the same problem as under 2). But legendary components are at such high challenge rounds only veterans can get them.

4) with lower damage non-veterans can still score around 4000 (not enough for legendary component anymore) by using  traits like herding, crippling, rooting, prowling etc. chipping away at walker health while slowing them down. 

But this often requires a specific leader, which is not the star hero. 
And the star hero itself might even make it harder. 
This weak alpha lt results in cripple being unreliable because it can make a hit a non-bodyshot.. 

I have seen some good videos of veterans who use different strategies to beat the maps.  In that area it broke the spy/smy dominance. But these are only doable for those top leaderboard people. 
The rest now has no chance to get the components to progress. 
it has become a game of chance instead of strategy. 
is the start map favourable, does my cripple work,  do i charge? if not, flee and heal with gold because if you do not and not get that 4th star you have no chance of getting to the legendary components. 

It looks like this update forgot about non-veterans in its eagerness to please them. It looks like it has not thought about newer players at all. this is mostly apparent in the reward structure and the 'special hero call, which gives you a star hero you will do worse with than with your' standard map specific setup'
This attitude to forget new players is seen in other areas as well.  infused equipment in the guild shop which is now 'essential'  is not available to new players. not even as part of a bundle. 

these things need to be fixed asap, or newer players will leave. 
I would like a reaction of NG to confirm that rebalancing this is a priority because atm, this game has gone from 'best game ever' to 'worst game because only perfect luck can give you a means to progress".

NovellSuperheroNoiseratingRiotZappamiori199373TRIADAChrisScorpioShadowWalkermirTembelOne[Deleted User]DyAmondJayZLoneWanderer360Paste

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,178
    I agree that the rewards need to be balanced and have put my suggestions on the other thread about it. NG have done a lot to help newer players catch up with the end gamers recently, tomato Monday often, 5 sec building upgrades, reduced cost and time of upgrade and videos to speed up. Now they need to focus on letting them catch up on badges, challenge would have been perfect for that with the few extra stars people could have got from using star hero to reach those components which were just out of reach before. Adding blue ones in earlier like @ghost_pepper suggestion is good too. Definitely something to consider. 
    ChrisScorpioPaste
  • ChrisScorpioChrisScorpio Member Posts: 47
    @backrow1
    In any other game, have you seen a new player play on par with strong players?
    Thank you NG @Lexia @Fluxxx for introducing the Star Hero challenge.
    Players are now taking on different heroes to the team, not just the SPY team.
    The game has become much more interesting
    TRIADASarge_Paste
  • TRIADATRIADA Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2021
    Instead of crying on the forum - go and collect your icon components! A Jackpot week has been made for you. We couldn't even dream of this before!
    Finally buy gasoline that costs a penny! $30 for gas and you can become a top player. In other games, you will need to pay a fortune for this. 
    With the star heroes, there was at least some variety in the test. You just recently begged to change the test and now you are dissatisfied again! It's your own fault that the progress of your game ends with 3 heroes, you will also ask the developers to assemble walkie-talkies for you and use them correctly!
    My question to the developers is that the last few new heroes don't need badges, then why do they need badges at all? We urgently need to strengthen all the other heroes! 
    The war mode has deteriorated — each guild makes maximum points, we urgently need to increase the league!
    And finally make a penalty for all new guilds, at least for 2 weeks for 30% points and rewards. As a result, we start the season and get to strong guilds, and in the middle of the season, other strong guilds are waiting for us again!
    HellJesus_RiotZappaghost_pepperDonCoquiChrisScorpioDyAmond
  • MaelekMaelek Member Posts: 6
    Biggest issue is that they have not adequately re-vamped the cost for building/gear/hero training for lower levels. I’m playing an alt account right now. Cost up til this point (hero level 20) to upgrade the council was 2 mil and training grounds/workshop were 4 mil each. DOUBLE the amount of tomatoes for training grounds/workshop to council!!! Also, each tier cost was pretty much double the previous tier cost. Why? Its been like that from the start on this account. Top tier..they are all pretty much equal the cost now around 14-15million. It is no doubt harder to acquire tomatoes and XP at lower levels. Obviously, they changed this doubling per tier for the higher levels but have neglected the lower levels. Most games that have been around this long make changes to allow new players to level up more rapidly so they can effectively play with friends. Even if that is done, it will take some time for them to unlock all heroes, get good badges, and add stars to approach the higher tier players. Why not make leveling up easier? Take that out of the equation.
    RiotZappa
  • MaelekMaelek Member Posts: 6
    Also, while one could make the argument about the fact that the game scales to your level, there are serious issues with healing times (because your hospital is not max tier) and the excessive amount of reinforcement tokens you will have to use to bring event/guld war gear upward as you level up not to mention the daunting task of all the XP needed to level all the heroes if you unlock them at low level. I currently have 15-20 heroes waiting to be unlocked once i hit level 29. 
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 259
    Well, I suck as a player, but really good players said to me that badges don't care as before. Even the lvl of your hero. In fact in this challenge They are using Haggie and Ezekiel with no badges and lvl 25.
    According to him, the goal are traits (you never get enough reroll tokens), weapons (BM and Guild Shop) and pink stars. 
    In my guild I'm a lion tail, but even in this case, the global rewards are enough to me. Don´t stop playing seasons missions (10/6) and use the black market to change things. It´s exhausting but in special calls you'll find hundreds of phones in your wallet and in black market, once you have 1000 gold and/ or 5000 BM tokens, wait for two or three weapons). I was waiting 6 /8 months a winter bow with lucky and piercing. Don´t give up. I was in your shoes. Everybody can arrive to the top level.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,164
    Maelek said:
    Biggest issue is that they have not adequately re-vamped the cost for building/gear/hero training for lower levels. I’m playing an alt account right now. Cost up til this point (hero level 20) to upgrade the council was 2 mil and training grounds/workshop were 4 mil each. DOUBLE the amount of tomatoes for training grounds/workshop to council!!! Also, each tier cost was pretty much double the previous tier cost. Why? Its been like that from the start on this account. Top tier..they are all pretty much equal the cost now around 14-15million. It is no doubt harder to acquire tomatoes and XP at lower levels. Obviously, they changed this doubling per tier for the higher levels but have neglected the lower levels. Most games that have been around this long make changes to allow new players to level up more rapidly so they can effectively play with friends. Even if that is done, it will take some time for them to unlock all heroes, get good badges, and add stars to approach the higher tier players. Why not make leveling up easier? Take that out of the equation.
    Once they have you on the hamster wheel of tomato development, you will get tired of running nowhere. Once you get so tired from running nowhere, by the time you reach max level you'll be ready to put ALL your attention on everything else in the game. Only after enough time at this does reality set in. This game is not as exciting as we'd like it to be.
  • DyAmondDyAmond Member Posts: 94
    Uhm...i suspect you have no idea what progress means....starting low and getting higher ..of course someone who starded 4 months ago has no comparition with someone who started 3 years ago...thats what PROGRESS is about....imagine playing and putting all your effort to a game for 5 years to have the best heroes and sets, and then a random guy with a 3 stars hero asks to be at your same level with only 3 days playing xD its dumb and unfair....the best you can do is stop talking and start acting...i started playing 1 year ago (with a 3-4 months abs) and i feel like im progressing like a monster always killing walkers 20 levels above mine even without SPY team. Dont ask unfair stuff like being at highest levels with no effort,its not happening
    Deathwish19
  • JnpblJnpbl Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2
    “ infused equipment in the guild shop which is now 'essential'  is not available to new players. not even as part of a bundle. “

I agree only on that point.  These infused equipments should be available to someone who doesn’t have them yet.  It’s definitely unfair to new players or who has suspended games for a while.  

How about these infusion equipments are available in the GW shop just for someone who doesn't have them yet?  It also motivates new players to join GW and players who have suspended returns to this game.

• JnpblJnpbl Member Posts: 22

Before the appearance of SPMY, our first goal was to get the Level 7 leader trait of Eugene and Daryl.  Especially Eugene, we had to reroll all his traits and achieve level 7 mullet time. It was impossible to achieve them for 6 months unless you spend a lot of money buying radios bundles. 

Also we wasted investing in Rick, Shane, Abe, Rufus, RGG. Now you don't need waste anything for them. You can focus only SPMY.

RiotZappa
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 259
    Before Princess, you have to get 3 heros of each class in the best conditions (traits, equipment,badges, lvl, stars). 
    Rick, Daryl, Glenn
    Eugene, Glenn, Morgan 
    Sasha, Shane, Alpha
    Haggie, Aaron, Carl
    Michonne, Jesus, Beta
    Abe, Rufus, Rosita. 

And each group had some variants (Rick instead of Carl, for example) 

So, you need just the half (or less) to improve your skills. It’s better for you advance today than a year ago 
    DyAmondJnpblFuriousMoldovanghost_pepper
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 437
    Because the game will die quicker if it puts new players off too much and that is bad for everyone who wants to keep playing.
    DyAmond
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,164
    Hurry up and get bigger/better so you can outcompete the players who have been here for years on top of the leader board. Do it before they quit the game and create vacancy for the up and comers. That's not the way to secure a permanent spot on the leader board. You can only really win if you make someone else lose! So, hurry up!

(Not a personal attack on anyone, just airing my disdain for leaderboards)
    marroba2000DyAmondPaste
  • ZXerZXer Member Posts: 176
    @LoneWanderer360 nobody plays to grind - when you do in the past you grind because you can see the finish line.

then comes spy then Mercer and lucky armor. Suddenly 500 people crossed the finish line.

oops, now NG makes 180 degrees turn and introduce star hero.

newcomers who used to cross the finish line or at least gets close to it now goes back to the start. They can’t see the finish line at all now.

They’d quit. I’d quit.

I’d say that ideally yeah you dangle hope in front of people and make them grind, those who don’t want to grind - pay. But if you make the gap between the haves and have nots too big, then people will lose hope. They’ll never grind nor pay.
    DyAmondRohlikzauchemEngAamie