King Ezekiel - Regal Authority

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,199
    Describe that kind of bug you talking about @ATLAS-Z because I can't see anything wrong with Zeke!

Zeke's LT combined with push weapons do not work as described. If you have any kind of push weapon (Morning Star, Kingdom Shield, Bulldozer) Regal Authority will always push the enemy, meaning they can't attack. If they are next to a wall the walker will stay where it is but it still can't attack.

Now, we know for a fact that overwatch and retaliate both happen on the opponent's turn, and as described above Regal Authority happens in between these (immediately before the enemy attack) so pushing should not be guaranteed even with the Morning Star (guaranteed push only on own turn). But as mentioned, it will always push also with other push weapons so it's not really linked to MS's ability. So basically it's a guaranteed interrupt.

So as I mentioned before, this is definitely a much better leader trait than advertised, but the player community clearly likes it (I haven't seen anybody saying it should be fixed) and as SMY is still the no 1 team for high level missions I don't really see what anyone can gain by nerfing Zeke. 

Ingame username: Jubjab
    ThüringeranniesprinklesHirntodtallinie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,214
    Ok, so it’s clear that NG don’t like the idea of guaranteed Interrupt which is probably the main reason it’s getting changed. Are there any tweaks we could make to the current bugged version (I.e removing guarenteed interrupt) but still having some of the functionality that we are all enjoying? 
    Calamityanniesprinkles
  • roganrushrichroganrushrich Member Posts: 44
    Burmeliinis Guaranteed interrupt and stunning is the main feature of Morning Star, Bulldozer and Shield.
    And like you said, this is a much better leader trait than advertised, but not because of itself LT, because this is the characteristics of these three weapons and only of them, there are no more weapons that can punish the walkers.

So is it really bad that melee heroes became useful without Beta and Sasha ?
    RiotZappaADPaqFuriousMoldovanSuperhero
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,614
    Guys we already had all these arguments and points with the staff. 

No luck. 

We were told its happening.

No amount of whining and complaining is likely to change it. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    SlashdotPLroganrushrichmirBurmeliinisEngAamie
  • bronik_darkbronik_dark Member Posts: 116
    It's sad that Ezekiel will be remade, give at least a chance to the community and arrange a poll, according to which it will be clear to change Ezekiel or not
    roganrushrichRiotZappaHirntod
    It's sad that Ezekiel will be remade, give at least a chance to the community and arrange a poll, according to which it will be clear to change Ezekiel or not

Oh think everyone wants to keep him as is. Including me. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    CalamityRiotZappaanniesprinklesHirntod
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,159
    Firekid said:
    Ok, so it’s clear that NG don’t like the idea of guaranteed Interrupt which is probably the main reason it’s getting changed. Are there any tweaks we could make to the current bugged version (I.e removing guarenteed interrupt) but still having some of the functionality that we are all enjoying? 
    I am not sure 100% chance to Interrupt once per turn is actually the problem. We can keep everything stunned and rooted with S(P/M)Y anyway so I am not sure why they would be against it. Maybe it's just a problem from a coding perspective to not have things functioning as intended because it might cause problems down the road.

So let them fix it if they feel like they must for whatever reason, but my suggestion would be that they BUFF his LT to make his preemptive strike a 100% chance of no body shot. This will mean:

1. 100% chance to push back with Morningstar, Bulldozer Shotgun and Kingdom Shield (as long as there is space to push them).
    2. 100% chance to Interrupt with weapons that actually have the Interrupt trait.
    3. 100% chance for Bruisers to stun enemies (that can be stunned)

This would actually make Ezekiel even better because more weapons can be used than just the push weapons. 
    Firekidtallinie
    edited January 13
    I am not sure 100% chance to Interrupt once per turn is actually the problem. . 
    Kinda yes, but also that it's not Interrupt. 

Bug Zeke with MS (and no interrupt) is better at interrupt than anything with the interrupt trait. 

Interrupt was barely if at all relevant before and this would 100% put it in the coffin forever

Our page :

Send me a PM
    edited January 13
    For what's is worth, it's my opinion that NGs has indeed noted how much players love this mechanic... so maybe there's hope that

A.) Zeke gets left alone
        (I'm not overly optimistic here)

B.) Some new mechanic that's not a Happy accident, but purposeful and balanced, with similar result, comes in the future.

Fingers crossed, I'll love #A but will take #B

Our page :

Send me a PM
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,159
    ATLAS-Z said:
    I am not sure 100% chance to Interrupt once per turn is actually the problem. . 
    Kinda yes, but also that it's not Interrupt. 

Bug Zeke with MS (and no interrupt) is better at interrupt than anything with the interrupt trait. 

Interrupt was barely if at all relevant before and this would 100% put it in the coffin forever
    Yes, which is why I suggested that if they fix the glitch then they should make the preemptive strike 100% non body shot. This would make weapons with the actual Interrupt trait relevant, because then they would always work once per turn. Push weapons will also be able to interrupt, but ONLY IF they actually push the target away. So they will still be good but not necessarily 100% chance at interrupt. This would allow us to continue having fun with Ezekiel, give us more options and everything will fit in with the game mechanics.
    Sarge_Malarky
    Zekes "buff" was a wake up call to NGs exactly how much the community misses melee.

Whether it's fixed or not, I'm sure they will keep trying to bridge the gap. 

Again, I'm just guessing by what patterns I've seen. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    Calamity
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,235
    Burmeliinis Guaranteed interrupt and stunning is the main feature of Morning Star, Bulldozer and Shield.

While I agree and want Zeke's LT to stay the way it is now, I don't think you know what you're talking about:

1. MS has guaranteed non-bodyshot push (not stun) only the main target only on your turn. It doesn't have 100% interrupt. It pushes only on non-bodyshots.

2. Shield and Dozer never had guaranteed push or guaranteed non-bodyshot on the main target. They never had guaranteed stun. They never had guaranteed 100% interrupt.

3. Push happens only on non-bodyshots, which is not guaranteed for Shield & Dozer.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ThüringerPasteShadowWalkerBassreactor
    edited January 13
    Another thing:
    @Lexia @zbot @Fluxxx @Vane

Since when NG began to consider it being acceptable to delete constructive criticism posts by players in dozens?

Most players have been very patient and loyal with NG in general, trying to help you and politely point in the right direction. But there's always a limit.

That type of behavior is not the best way to "connect with community" and very far from being "constructive".
    Sincerely hope you come back to your senses. Cheers.
    RiotZappa
    edited January 13
    Agree.
    The best possible outcome for everyone is at least to leave Zeke's LT having the same 100% interrupt with MS and cripple weapons (as it works now).
    RiotZappa
  • roganrushrichroganrushrich Member Posts: 44
    edited January 13
    There is problem not in Ezekiel's LT, actually
    Morning Star has a 100% chance to push the enemy because it has a 100% razor

The Interruptor trait applies to the Regal Authority attack, so when Ezekiel with Interruptor hits the enemy before their attack, it will cancel that attack.

If you didn't want to make his LT like that, then why you released him and moreover why did you specify a 100% interruption in the description itself of his new LT ?

He made the game really fun and allowed new teams and introduced a lot more strategy into the game. And this is much more interesting than using just one SMY/SPY on higher levels. Also it make sense in melee characters finally after imbalance SP(M)Y team. 

It's unfair to the players! First you give something really new and interesting, make them spend money on it and for someone it was real money and then just take away such an opportunity, because someone decided that it was a bug. Although everything that happens while playing him corresponds to your description of his new leadership trait so there is no problem in Zeke's LT

And I'm sorry to @ATLAS-Z
    Thank you for informing us! As I noticed the developers were not going to inform us about this before the update initially. Not the best way of communicating with your own players >:-(

@Lexia @zbot @Fluxxx @Vane
    ShadowWalker
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 748
    Hilarious that after this much buzz, not a peep on this thread from NG. Not the good old days for sure!   :/
    RiotZappaghost_pepperSuperhero
    MrLucky said:
    Hilarious that after this much buzz, not a peep on this thread from NG. Not the good old days for sure!   :/

Depending on your perspective that might be a good thing. You could take it to mean maybe they're not so firm on their stance as we originally thought? Maybe they are sitting back and taking all this in and contemplating The Next Step. Force them to comments and you're forcing them to take a position which they might not otherwise have set in stone?

Our page :

Send me a PM
    FuriousMoldovanPasteBurmeliinisMrLucky
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,174
    euchid said:
    Ezekils LT should stay as is for the Morning Star but for Shield and Bulldozer it should make a body shot check.
    I dont see any reason to fix it more.
    I disagree. I think the shield should function the same way as the morning star, with the push mechanic working every single time because of the Ezekiel LT. Then bruisers can do the LT along with warriors. And I think an item should be made for scouts to do this as well. Because mele.

Kick mercer to the curb.
    RiotZappaADPaq
This discussion has been closed.