Rosita paired with scouts

RocketRacoonRocketRacoon Member Posts: 7
edited March 9 in Strategy Discussion
 Hello everyone 1st of all sorry for my bad English iam new to the game( playing since Nov 2021)and to this forums but i have been reading the discussion here frequently iam well aware of SPY /SMY but love to play with melee team . With mercers axe introducing what do u guys think about rosita paired with SRick with kingdom spear and HDaryl with mercers axe and i have read Jay'z compodium there is nothing about Rosita's LT so please give your valuable ideas remember iam F2P thanks in advance
Deathwish19

Comments

• RocketRacoonRocketRacoon Member Posts: 7
     Hello everyone 1st of all sorry for my bad English iam new to the game( playing since Nov 2021)and to this forums but i have been reading the discussion here frequently iam well aware of SPY /SMY but love to play with melee team . With mercers axe introducing what do u guys think about rosita paired with SRick with kingdom spear and HDaryl with mercers axe and i have read Jay'z compodium there is nothing about Rosita's LT so please give your valuable ideas remember iam F2P thanks in advance
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 176
    This will allow you to run the scouts into the fray, attack, and retreat out of range. It’s a decent low level strategy, but Rosita becomes useless in the early/mid 30s. At some point, she won’t be able to kill anymore and will only be able to charge by SR occasionally giving her a point. She also generates threat, unless you’re using a silent weapon like DAR. In nightmare mode, you won’t be able to kill fast enough to complete the mission objectives in time with only two scouts carrying an uncharged assault. No fire, no stun, no cripple, no thanks
    RocketRacoon
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,122
    Useless in early mid 30s? You can use practically anyone in those levels. I'll assume you meant 40s. It does depend on the map, but I've used Rosita leading melee into the late 40s (and in other ways in nightmare). She was actually quite fun to use, especially with warriors, and yes you would have to use the DAR or  Pickle Jar on maps with a threat meter.

It's a shame that in order to get the 4th star in the Challenge you have to use the Star Hero in the lead. We are now using less strategies overall per week as a result. The only place you should try out Rosita with scouts/melee is in the Last Stand (expert mode), or GW if you're getting bored of SMY/SPY.
    RocketRacoon
    My assaults can’t kill reliably after 33 or so. At that point, they can no longer charge and need an LT to give them charge points. Since Rosita is the leader and her LT doesn’t award charge points, she can’t stun any longer. Sure you can use her to open doors, but essentially she’s useless. You can push well beyond that level, but it’s not BECAUSE of her, it’s DESPITE her.
    ShadowWalkerSchmooey
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,427
    echonap said:
    My assaults can’t kill reliably after 33 or so. At that point, they can no longer charge and need an LT to give them charge points. Since Rosita is the leader and her LT doesn’t award charge points, she can’t stun any longer. Sure you can use her to open doors, but essentially she’s useless. You can push well beyond that level, but it’s not BECAUSE of her, it’s DESPITE her.

Not exactly. Her LT allows melee hit and run tactics, which works fine until mid 40s

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    RocketRacoonechonap
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,122
    edited March 10
    ATLAS-Z said:
    echonap said:

Not exactly. Her LT allows melee hit and run tactics, which works fine until mid 40s
    Especially if she is leading melee that has Perseverance.

Swoop in. Charge up. Retreat. Charge Attack. Repeat.

Also, I want to clarify that my Rosita has an offensive build and is lv 29. So when I say mid to late 40s take that into consideration. 
    RocketRacoonechonap
  • RocketRacoonRocketRacoon Member Posts: 7
    Thanks everyone for your valuable opinion ❤️
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 133
    Yes, Rosita + 2 melee is my favourite team until Eze get his new LT.
    It's no doubt that SPY is the most effective team.  But melee teams give me much fun and Rosita's new LT improve their survivability.  Besides, she also sharpen my dusty weapons, e.g. chainsaw, piercing assault weapons.
    Rosita melee team is my GW team.  She can complete island #10 without tools nor supports.  Certainly, it depends on map. 
    Btw, I'm not sure there is a bug on HDaryl.  Sometime he can't be retreat, 

RocketRacoon
    ATLAS-Z said:
    The strategy itself will get you into the 40s (maybe even low 50s if you are pushing) but Rosita becomes useless after she can’t kill anymore, which for me is around 33. At that point, she is being carried by SR and HD and you are playing with only two characters plus a door opener. She can’t take a hit, can’t stun/cripple/burn, can’t herd, creates threat, and can’t kill. How exactly is she helping at that point? 
    RocketRacoon
  • hdhdhhdhdh Member Posts: 47
    Idk, give her the bulldozer and push stuff back. And herd stuff with the mask. It's kind of a fun novelty doing over a million damage with Srick after eating one of Carol's cookies  ;)
    ghost_pepperRocketRacoonAngelspit
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,208
    As mentioned it's all academical since we are bound by the star hero. Still, this should work until a reasonably high level on certain spawn counter maps. 

Just because Rosita can't kill anymore shouldn't stop the scouts from doing the work. A max damage Rosita with a piercing DAR should be able to chip away at the walkers for the scouts to get kills and charge up on. Since I don't care about the LB I might actually give this a try 👍
    RocketRacoon
  • HirntodHirntod Member Posts: 69
    Perfectly works with Rosita's Assault Rifle (infused guild shop weapon) - the tactic does greatly benefit from the cripple effect. 
    Ingame Username: el presidente