Thanks for…

Making Governor a Star Hero. It’s really helping out on this challenge 😑
AngelspitRiotZappaShadowWalkerSuperheroMudMoccasinHellJesus_Smoose89fearofthedarkfaster

Comments

• RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 171
    He's actually WORSE than a non-hero as even Bullet Dodge (with no Freeman) is more useful than 1300 xp points.

Nothing more than a gold grab (last week of financial year) for the spendthrifts to try and get a top score.
  • YikesYikes Member Posts: 170
    Governor’s leader trait need a bump so that he’s not useful just as a chest farmer in scavenger missions (just like how a small change in Pizza Glenn’s leader trait opened up other possibilities for him).  Here is a suggestion:  https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49059/suggestion-for-governors-leader-trait-rework
    MudMoccasin
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 364
    Are Charged Assaults gone for good? Also, do people really want regular survivors charged? I can’t think of a scenario where I’d take a regular survivor over a hero. @Lexia
    RiotZappadalmerm4sJnpbl
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 171
    ADPaq said:
    There's a really nice strategy I'm using. I've ditched the star hero and I'm using a fun mix of teams rather than feeling compelled to use a crap hero I have no interest in.
    I've just ditched him too! Guess I'd better work on my strategies for when it's Hunter Maggie.
    Rohlikzauchem
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,196
    edited March 23
    Retire the star hero (again).
    JordanYukiRiotZappaRohlikzauchemShadowWalkerrelb67Jnpbl
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 184
    Governeur and maggie desperatly need a rework of their leadertrait. That was a good chance to buff the gov with a small patch, but no.... u dont even have the balls to give us charged assaults. Really lame NG
    RiotZappaMudMoccasinHellJesus_
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 525
    In a mission, Governor is tantamount to playing with 4 traits and 2x5 traits. 14 net. 
    Any other leader (except Maggie) is 5 traits and 2x6 traits (max, if leader trait applicable to the other two teammates) . 17 net.

82.4% efficacy with Governor leading.

That's not "challenging"; that's essentially going back to level 24 heroes, but starting at whatever difficulty you attained from last week's progress. 

He's not a "star hero", he's a boat anchor.

Now... If there was new, unadvertised code that made the game ignore his death in a mission, for purposes of receiving 4 stars... Well, that would be awesome and hilarious! "Feed 'im to da pigs!" 
    ladre5RiotZappaSuperhero
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,087
    WellyLuga said:
    Retire the star hero (again).
    Don't think we need to retire SH, but changes are needed for sure.

All agree that having SH as a lead [almost] always ends up with the same team - Star Hero, Princess, Yumiko. It's gotten very boring (I said it many times already).

Not requiring SH being a leader but simply having SH on a team for extra 1 star could be a much better option. @Lexia

It's not enjoyable to have the same leader for all MM's.
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ShadowWalkerGovernatorJnpblpollorex
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 372
    You play this challenge with Governor, Tara and Lilly (a survivor).
    Yes this is supposed to be hard.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,984
    edited March 23
    well… nothing has to be “perfect and easy” ..lost the count of players with 10 stars Sasha or Daryl scout… Gov is challenging because this week probably not everyone will be with the same score in top 100.. well..”probably” 😂😂😂🤣🤣
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent - My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ShadowWalkerDeathwish19
  • PP1990PP1990 Member Posts: 89
    Not saying let’s exclude governor. Just saying let’s work on his LT before making him a star hero, since as a leader, his trait only makes sense for scavenging.
    Make his trait something like there’s a % chance that the level will have -X walkers on the map or something…
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,390
    Are Charged Assaults gone for good? Also, do people really want regular survivors charged? I can’t think of a scenario where I’d take a regular survivor over a hero. @Lexia

Before star hero, this was an ok event, gave you some options on certain niche missions. But now... You're right. No one will use them. Ever. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 525
    FWIW, follow up:
    I quit for the week today. Half of my personal best, lowest star count for me in over a year. 

1. Less-than-worthless 'star' hero. 
    2. One of the lamest map sets ever 'designed' (no flexibility, one-track, amateur designs).
    3. Normal (AKA underpowered) survivors starting charged. Great for one or two turns, then chum in the waters. 
    I confess that I'm genuinely perplexed, even somewhat shocked, at those decisions by the producers. I challenge the week's planner to explain their thinking or 'logic', from the perspective of business decisions surrounding a six year old game based on a show in its final season. A game already abandoned by some of its most famous players.... 

Seriously... What grand vision did you have in mind with these choices and their purported synergies or player engagements? 
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappa
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 1,157
    Firekid said:
    Guys, you know you don’t have to use governor as star hero right? Just chill this week, take some different hero’s, play with some different teams. Yea, your scores will be lower this week and you’ll miss out on a few rewards, but if gov is upsetting you that much just bench him. Personally I’ve just found out that mercer’s axe on rick with T-dog leading is awesome, along with beta or zeke on the team and swat was a walk in the park. Come on guys get creative and just don’t worry about your star count for one week. 
    I regularly don't finish challenge. Sasha star hero was certainly the biggest challenge finish. I took those round points and didn't finish last week but still managed to get all the rp's. I was hoping to try to use all my rp's this week to finish but, because of the maps, I'm pretty sure I won't. With a better star hero I would have had a chance to finish. So now I'm probably losing the rp streak to bad maps with a horrible sh. 

Not everyone finishes challenge each week. The majority of us don't. And the two biggest reasons why I won't this week is because governor and maps. The third is my refusal to hemmorage tools on this stupid crap.
    Superhero
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,150
    @ghost_pepper if it’s just finishing the challenge that’s the issue then I don’t understand why star hero would make a difference. Not like having a decent star hero with their paltry star boost and damage boost make much of a difference for nightmare maps. 
    I mean I get it, by giving us a star hero that useless it’s causing us to drop a lot of stars that we maybe wouldn’t normally but as far as I can tell that’s the only issue. 
    I mean I think star hero needs a rework as I’ve said in other threads as it’s not really working as most people envisioned, but don’t think all the hate NG are getting is really deserved because they’ve happen to have chosen a rubbish star hero this week. 
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 725
    edited March 24

I'm having a ball this week!!! Especially with crates after missions!!!

This montage put me on the floor! Well done hahahaha
    ATLAS-ZMudMoccasin
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 792
    Once NG gives the Governor a hyper-alloy combat chassis and provides us the opportunity to purchase a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, we won't need this thread. :sunglasses:

All I want is this!!!!!:

And for it to sound EXACTLY like this!:

Then my Governor will be superlatively, profoundly, undeniably, unstoppable !!!!
    GovernatorATLAS-Z