Herding and Primed

BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 263
I’m struggling to figure out how to have these two work together efficiently. Especially with the riot shield. Primed seems like an excellent trait for bruisers, but high level walkers are often getting body shots and then attacking when I break herded with overwatch attacks. I’ve all but given up on using a primed hunter with a riot shield carrying bruiser. Am I missing something?

Has anyone got any tips or suggestions on how they’re managing this? Strategy suggestions, or general rules of thumb, much appreciated!

Comments

• JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 371
    edited April 3
    Herding & Primed are great game mechanics but they have bad synergy together. Just take one or the other into your games to not break the herding effects.
    ShadowWalkerFuriousMoldovan
  • BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 263
    Hi Jordan, thanks for your response. 

I was beginning to think that might be the case, but hoping someone might’ve come up with something clever! Oh well.

So Primed in bruiser armour is obviously great, but we probably can’t pair it with the riot shield without causing ourselves problems?

I’m not familiar with Beta so I’m curious if anyone has found any success when mixing him with ranged heroes? If you use up all your action points on ranged heroes and keep primed off the armour I guess it wouldn’t be a problem, no?

I guess I’ll just keep primed armour to pair with non-herding weapons/heroes.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,413

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    BenjaminTAngelspitEngAamie
    Thanks Atlas, appreciate you pointing me towards this discussion. I’m brand new to the forum so will try to keep my questions for which answers/discussions already exist elsewhere to a minimum in the future, apologies for missing the other thread on this occasion.  

I think I may be in the minority here but I’m okay with different strategies not always syncing up perfectly, wouldn’t that add another level of strategic complexity? Rather than just maxing out all the best gear and having the tools complete the mission for you.

I’m still pretty new to the game so haven’t even unlocked some of the things being discussed, so maybe I’ll feel differently when I have some of the supports and I’ve figured out how to use Beta - haha!

Thanks for the help!!
    JordanYukiShadowWalker
  • hdhdhhdhdh Member Posts: 47
    I was wondering why I kept getting grabbed after herding with sasha then realized I had primed armour on her. Not the best combination. Especially using the riot shield 
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,117

I was beginning to think that might be the case, but hoping someone might’ve come up with something clever! Oh well.

So Primed in bruiser armour is obviously great, but we probably can’t pair it with the riot shield without causing ourselves problems?

I’m not familiar with Beta so I’m curious if anyone has found any success when mixing him with ranged heroes? If you use up all your action points on ranged heroes and keep primed off the armour I guess it wouldn’t be a problem, no?

For Beta you can actually use Shooters even with Primed, as long as they have a Crippled weapon that can reach 100%. If the shooter activates Primed and targets a herded walker it still won't attack you because it gets crippled in Overwatch. It's a pretty decent team in GW on Get to the Exit maps that have barrels or army guys. Although maybe you don't want to use Primed armor if there is an army guy lol
    BenjaminT

For Beta you can actually use Shooters even with Primed, as long as they have a Crippled weapon that can reach 100%. If the shooter activates Primed and targets a herded walker it still won't attack you because it gets crippled in Overwatch. It's a pretty decent team in GW on Get to the Exit maps that have barrels or army guys. Although maybe you don't want to use Primed armor if there is an army guy lol
    I’ve definitely been caught out a few times by a well meaning but slightly trigger-happy hunter with primed armour blowing something up next to an unlucky teammate - haha!!

If a shooter were to cripple a herded walker which was stood immediately next to whoever had herded it, would the walker still not attack? Even if it was in range?

Thanks
    EngAamie
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,117

I’ve definitely been caught out a few times by a well meaning but slightly trigger-happy hunter with primed armour blowing something up next to an unlucky teammate - haha!!

If a shooter were to cripple a herded walker which was stood immediately next to whoever had herded it, would the walker still not attack? Even if it was in range?

Thanks
    I will simply state that you should try it and see the results for yourself! Nothing like getting personal experience!
    I’ve just unlocked Aaron today and his LT sounds great. I’m waiting for the lucky winter bow to come around in the BM and then I get to it! Thanks for the tip, I’m looking forward to it!
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 176

Thanks
    Overwatch doesn’t trigger on non moving targets, so if the herded walker was next to a hero, nothing would happen even if Primed activates.
    BenjaminT