Suggestion to improve guild wars

IrishNudistIrishNudist Member Posts: 42
1:  Allow all guild members to view the battlefield as if they were participants - Leaders & Co-Leads typically have a large role in managing their team during guild wars and they need visibility on the maps.  They should be able to see if the map is a SFC, KTTW, GTE, etc. and they should also have visibility on the defender teams.

2:  Allow Leader/Co-Lead to have an additional role to manually set up defenders - The leader & co-lead should be able to go to a manual mode where they can select which players from their guild will be used as defenders.  In addition, they should be able to assign which sectors the defenders are in.  There are a lot of draws in guild wars & defenders sometimes play a role in the decision.

3:  Matchmaking should be decided by the amount of player points, not the guild points - Currently, the matchmaker does not take into account the gw points in the season the player has, only the guild.  This allows 20 members from a guild to flip to a new guild mid-season, and get matched with amateur teams for the next 2 weeks, destroying them.  If the system took the current season gw points per player, the matchmaker would be much more even.
FuriousMoldovanWastelandMan

Comments

• FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,106
    Big old YES to #1.
    I've been ranting for a while about removing this ridiculous Spectator Notice:
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/49904/remove-spectator-notice-in-gw

Hopefully they can do it by the beginning of the new season @Lexia ;)
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    IrishNudist
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,106
    #2 - not sure how useful it would be, and I think Lexia recently confirmed that defenders with more pinks are generally assigned to higher GW sectors.

#3 - that yeah, this story is as old as day :)
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    IrishNudist
  • WastelandManWastelandMan Member Posts: 145
    edited May 8

3:  Matchmaking should be decided by the amount of player points, not the guild points - Currently, the matchmaker does not take into account the gw points in the season the player has, only the guild.  This allows 20 members from a guild to flip to a new guild mid-season, and get matched with amateur teams for the next 2 weeks, destroying them.  If the system took the current season gw points per player, the matchmaker would be much more even.
    about #3
    last season 14 in top 100 was only two guilds  created before season started and one guild was created in last war season 13.
    and from big known guilds I'm known only about Brexit_UK they do it season to season but mostly everyone else don't use this anymore
    IrishNudist
  • IrishNudistIrishNudist Member Posts: 42
    edited May 8
    #2 - not sure how useful it would be, and I think Lexia recently confirmed that defenders with more pinks are generally assigned to higher GW sectors.
    Understandable, but lets say you have a person that has a team with all normal survivors 4 pink stars.  Then you have a carl lead with a couple of painful sidekicks & fire weapons w primed armor at 2 stars.  I would much rather the carl team be placed in the higher sectors.

I would really like leads/co-leads to have the option to take on additional duties for gw to make it for tactful & strategic.
    echonap