Can we get some Dev feedback on the two weekly challenges going back to one?

There have been numerous posts about the (STRONG) majority of players not liking the 2X a week challenge, but it's been very tight-lipped as to if this will change back or any other information from the development end. With how much data is out there saying it was NOT a positive change, many of us have expected that it would have been switched back already and it seems more and more like a pipe dream. We want answers! Is this going to be changed back to 1 a week, and if so by when? I actually feel we're owed an honest answer on why this hasn't been remedied yet.

We've already lost 30% of the members in a well-established guild due to the change and another great member said they're leaving the game following this challenge. Don't you all realize a 30% drop is huge, and anyone leaving, talking [email protected] about his game to friends/family, is likely worse than the temporary increase in players from you wasteful advertising? Having happy, long-term players, should be your first goal... SOOOO much is killing this game lately. I truly mean we're owed answers!
alnodatrainofficialAvalon8zeeblack

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    I'm not sure I understand this.

Why are people mad and leaving over being offered an extra element to the game? If people where happy before, why don't they just continue like that and don't play the extra challenge?

Unless it's all about pressure from the guild. In that case, find a new guild and carry on.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    LadyAquila[Deleted User]Shut_UpFizzyPinot
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192

I'm not sure I understand this.

Why are people mad and leaving over being offered an extra element to the game? If people where happy before, why don't they just continue like that and don't play the extra challenge?

Unless it's all about pressure from the guild. In that case, find a new guild and carry on.

Well for some it's more about pressure from their own ambitions. The guild member leaving after this challenge said they were sticking around to get to top 50 global, but with the 2 challenges a week the game has become too much of a interruption on real life to be competitive. Echos from other guild members are saying the same thing... The challenge is the ONLY thing in the game that keeps and gives public stats (although broken), so the ambitions are to be the best in those stats for many players. Having the challenge 7 days a week then makes the challenge a life-style choice instead of a game to enjoy.

The thing is, there is enough content to entertain without a 2nd challenge. There are little positives attributed to this extra element. The arguments are getting twice the challenge rewards a week, but doing the math, you're better off grinding deadly missions solo, as the rewards surpass what you could get from the challenge (legendary trade-ins included), and the other is, as you mentioned, if you don't like it, don't do it, but as I mentioned above, for many people not being able to compete for top spot without living in this game makes it no longer enjoyable.
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    @blkjack0o +1 there so much development gone into outposts, but a lot people just arent using just because there is a lack of time / resources to keep up wit challenge and outpsosts, with the real lack of xp an issue, and wading through low level walkers and levels with no real xp reward is painful.

i can talk from experience that most people i know are ignoring outpsosts, and ive not been raided in a long time either.

i think at least an answer on the situation is warranted. if there any changes being considered, as having no days off from challenges is a burn out.

Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    blkjack0o
    @Teeceezy @eetu @TK-421 @Nate @Alibaba @zbot

adding some mods to see if they can give any form answer.
    The newest poll (which I'll mention still is largely for 1 challenge per week) did offer another option of a day off. I appreciate other suggestions on doing reform to what the current challenge schedule is. Maybe the best answer isn't 1 vs 2, but some other tweaks that'll make it better for both sides of the argument.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    We have seen the polls, we are monitoring the situation and evaluating the challenge structure. There will probably be some balancing changes, but I can't say what or when at this point. (Also do remember that the forum is not really a perfect sample from the whole player base, although a very important one)

Apologies for the vague turns of phrase, but I don't want to make any definite promises on other people's behalf here.
    [Deleted User]ggbatslmfgunnut
    I've mentioned this to my guild, but I highly doubt there will be any changes on this until after the TV season ends. My opinion on how things rolled out is things were behind schedule in the game. Outpost was released before things were fixed in beta because it was a requirement of the new ad campaign that coincided with this season in the show; the challenges are also based around the show so things are in place and scheduled around the show. It appears to me, that there will be little fixed or changed in this game, outside of the immediate things required to be fixed, until all the show related scheduled content is complete. Talk about dropping the ball though; nothing like a big ad campaign and a bunch of new content accompanied by tons of bugs and negative posts. It should have been done better. Imagine if the Devs used this forum to have some features/changes voted on before introducing them, now isn't that a thought... Maybe some player research first?
    eetu said:

We have seen the polls, we are monitoring the situation and evaluating the challenge structure. There will probably be some balancing changes, but I can't say what or when at this point. (Also do remember that the forum is not really a perfect sample from the whole player base, although a very important one)

Apologies for the vague turns of phrase, but I don't want to make any definite promises on other people's behalf here.

That's a fair answer. It's positive to know there are things being considered at the least. The lack of any previous mod/dev comments on the very commonly discussed issue was part of the problem. We need to know there is someone listening.
    @eetu thank you for update appreciate the answer.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @blkjack0o Who are you talking about when you say "we want answers?" Are you talking about you and your roommate or you and your guild members or what? Please don't tell me you are speaking on behalf of the forum because no one has been elected official spokesperson. I want some of the bugs fixed but I for one don't need answers right away from every question asked of the mods in this forum. Like eetu said this is a small sample portion of all the players of NML. I saw once that there are about 10,000 forum member and that's just a drop in the bucket of how many play without being registered and commenting in the forum.
    [Deleted User]
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    edited March 2016
    @ Shut_Up makes a valid point. I am the only member of my guild that is registered on these forums. I am 5% of my guild. If that was a representative sample (and I know it isn't) of the ratio between people on the forums and the total player base, that is a very small amount. Now, 10,000 people might be registered on the forums, but only a few hundred actually comment regularly. If half of the registered users participate and state their opinions regularly, that is 2.5% of the total players if I am a representative sample (and we know that's not the case since there are well over 200,000 people playing the game). The active forum users provide valuable feedback and can be used to collect valuable data, but in the end, we probably represent less than 1% of the total number of players. 30% of 20 people in a guild is 6 people out of how many players world wide? 1,000,000? 2,000,000? 3,000,000? There's a name for using small numbers to represent the whole; hasty generalization.

I can speak for my guild if they ask me to ask a question. I cannot speak for anyone else that plays this game. No one else can speak for me.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637

[...]we probably represent less than 1% of the total number of players.

A surprisingly low number of people can give a reasonably good estimate of the whole, IF the sample is truly random and representative. See e.g. political polls. The active forum users are heavily biased towards the high-level competitive heavy users, which makes you a skewed sample. We know this and try to compensate accordingly.

Then again, the real world matters - you folks are also quite certainly using more money on the game, so you do "punch above your statistical weight" in our thoughts ;)
    zosonlmfgunnut
    @thebluebox I understand your perspective on the percentage, though even a 1% sampling providing feedback is a significant amount for data analysis. Like @eetu said, it's not a perfect sampling, and I agree, but 1% when talking millions is something you can market on as a significant sample group. As far as the other references I mentioned within my guild and the numerous posts of negative feedback, that was more about morale of players than to say a few people in my guild are significant when strictly talking numbers. The part that is more significant about that is their reason for leaving, which from a marketing and feedback perspective matters a great deal; part of why people play a game is because players are talking positively, which by and far is not what seems to be the latest trend.

@Shut_Up - I'm referring to we as the 80+% who have said they aren't liking 2 challenges a week and no downtime. Since the forum does not allow for elections, I am self proclaimed... Feel free to vote against me in the next elections.
    edited March 2016
    Well let them speak for themselves instead of being the self appointed spokesperson for a bunch of people you don't really know. "I want answers" instead of "we want answers."
    edited March 2016
    @Shut_Up - So, just to clarify, you have nothing to add to the actual issue, but you need to rag on someone that stepped up because you need to give yourself an "I'm special" sticker today... OK, got it. I'll entertain your ego anyway. I can use we, because me and my imaginary roommate want to know...
    ggbats
    @blkjack0o Read the forum rules. Don't try to troll me or flame me because it's against the rules and insults from someone I don't know on the internet don't bother me. I don't care what you think about me but respect the other forum members by not breaking the rules.
    edited March 2016
    @Shut_Up - Heh, that's not trolling, it's pointing out you aren't being constructive... You obviously aren't part of that "We." What you seem to be part of is like this scenario... There is a kid getting abused in public, and the strong majority of people know it's wrong, some people just walk by even knowing they should say or do something, others walk by because they don't want to be involved or are too busy, someone may finally try to stop it, but you're the one who complains that it wasn't that person's place to do anything at all about it.

To add to the story... 5 bystanders started polls since they thought that was the best way to determine if it was in fact generally thought of as wrong; to which they each came back with the same result: It was grossly in favor of being wrong. So the person who stopped to help said "We think it's wrong, and you shouldn't do that," to which you shouted back "I'm not part of your we. Who put you in charge of doing anything about what people actually want?" Now did that help anything with the situation?

Sometimes things don't change until you specifically ask. Nothing gets answered without a direct question. If you have data that supports your claims, all the better... I'm not on a soapbox here, I'm just asking direct questions with facts.
    ggbats
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    To be honest l do not know anyone who has quit over he two events, now quitting over rollbacks is a very different story.
    l have no problem with the two events personally, it's another chance to win more easy gold crates :)
    Shut_Up
  • Animesh101Animesh101 Member Posts: 83
    null
    U can take a ingame poll?
    zoson
    I like that idea. in-game polls would be helpful in a lot of game direction choices...
  • Same here... Like the idea of having an "in-game" poll.

Tammy
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    Count me as one of the group that REALLY likes the two challenges a week. It gives more of an opportunity to earn award more chests, which is quite easy with a minimal amount of work in the challenges. It's quite easy to get rewards at the start of challenges with a low number of stars, so two challenges means even more rewards.

It's your choice whether you want to participate in a challenge or not, so I don't see the downside of two challenges a week. It's just a problem for the hard core, mandatory participation guilds. If you want to take a challenge off now and then, it's completely up to the individual.

Please keep the two challenges a week. The opportunity for more, varied play of this game is a GOOD thing.
    I think many people would be more accepting of two challenges with some tweaking. I mean it doesn't have to even be based on a calendar week, maybe 3 day challenge, one day off, repeat...