best assault weapon for Mercer or Princess ?

maybe its been asked before, but are Mercer and Princess best with 2 x Decimator or something else ?

Decimator - Lethal / Piercing / Concussion
Decimator - Tactical / Lucky / Concussion
Decimator - Lethal / Lucky / Concussion

Bulldozer - Lucky / Concussion / Piercing

Daryls Assault Rifle - Destructive / Wide Spread / Lucky

Best Answers

• echonapechonap Member Posts: 187
    Answer ✓
    There is no one best assault weapon. Depending on the mission, different weapons may be superior or introduce alternative strategies.

Of the decimators, the tactical is by far and away the best one. There is no reason to ever use another one. If you don’t own one, the lucky decimator is second best and there is no reason to ever use the piercing one. There is a very clear pecking order here. Each one makes the others obsolete.

Other important weapons:
    -Lucky DAR - good for keeping multiple unstunnable walkers (tanks, goos, spikes) away
    -The bulldozer shotgun with rooting - one of my favorite weapons on Mercer. Enables very aggressive strategies. 
    -Rosita Rifle - when using two assaults, the one not named Princess should be using this weapon. Since it cripples on regular hits, it allows Princess to charge immediately
    - Obliterator - extra reach, silent, and tactical, so lots of uses. Can be used with Mercer to shoot down a long hallway and kill specials before they reach you. Can be used with melee teams because it’s silent. Can be used as a substitute for the tactical decimator.
    Dixieland BBQ - probably no longer essential, but if you ever need all walkers to burn out at the same time, this is the way to do it. Charge attack and wait 10 turns.

BigFellaSteveDeathwish19
  • MuirnaMuirna Member Posts: 181
    edited August 4 Answer ✓
    maybe its been asked before, but are Mercer and Princess best with 2 x Decimator or something else ?

Decimator - Lethal / Piercing / Concussion
    Decimator - Lethal / Lucky / Concussion

Bulldozer - Lucky / Concussion / Piercing

Daryls Assault Rifle - Destructive / Wide Spread / Lucky

This is just my personal perspective as someone who finishes Challenges, does island 20 GWs typically with no tools and no red gas, and is content with how I do in the game without being a big spender and without being a top leaderboard player -- in other words a good player, but not the best.

The decimator with the lucky trait, which you can get in the Black Market, is my most used and versatile assault weapon. I use it 95% of the time at least. You can purchase the lucky tactical decimator for $ or with Google Rewards if you have Android, but while it is nice, it is not necessary/required to be successful at island 20 in GWs, to finish Nightmare Distance, to finish the Challenge each week, etc. The lucky decimator in the BM is a very good weapon.

The second priority would be Daryl's Assault Rifle in my opinion. I use the one with lucky and no piercing, which I think is available in the Black Market. I do not use it often, but there are a few Challenge missions occasionally that I need it for.

Then less frequently than that, I use the Rosita's Assault Rifle that was free. I think some players use it more than I do though.

I personally have never learned how to use my Bulldozer (version that was free), but I know some players use it for at least some purposes.

I also don't use my Obliterator (free) and haven't watched videos recently so not sure whether anyone does.

I can't speak about assault weapons you can purchase for $ beyond the tactical decimator.
    BigFellaSteve

Answers

• ZXerZXer Member Posts: 243
    Tactical if you want to spend $, lucky no tactical everyone else.

Lucky DAR will also be needed eventually to complete nightmare challenge.

Bulldozer not so much, unless you didn't have the Rosita Rifle from GW
    Member of MavsOG
    BigFellaSteve
  • BigFellaSteveBigFellaSteve Member Posts: 126
    i dont have the Rosita Rifle....but i have the lucky DAR and all Decimators..

lucky DAR > Bulldozer ?

but lucky DAR > lethal lucky decimator ?
  • ZXerZXer Member Posts: 243
    You only need lucky DAR sometimes, usually in challenge round 75 or above. In such case any decimator is usually useless.

But this is maybe about 5% of the time.

And you don't normally need DAR below round 75, except for fun.
    Member of MavsOG
    BigFellaSteve
  • BigFellaSteveBigFellaSteve Member Posts: 126
    i'm not getting anywhere near round 75 yet...so Decimator it is then...

tactical lucky  > lethal lucky ? 
    Дмитрий5555
  • BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 428
    edited August 3
    If I could only have one assault weapon, like most here, it would be the Decimator. I only have the Lucky/Lethal one and it’s great, but I’m sure Tactical is better. The question is do you want to pay the £12.99 (in UK) for it or 1000g from the black market? I don’t know if anyone else can tell you if it’s ‘worth it’, depends entirely on what you feel comfortable spending on the game.

Having the Lethal/Lucky version won’t stop you from completing any aspect of the game, just have to adjust tactics slightly

Edit: Tactical/Lucky is £12.99 from bundle, Lethal/Lucky is 1000g from black market. Just to clarify
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 187
    Tactical decimator not available for 1000 gold
  • DresdenDresden Member Posts: 69
    For what it's worth, I have no real problems completing GW island 20, the Challenge and Nightmare Distance using either Tac Decimator, Lucky Decimator or Obliterator (only upgraded 2x, F piercing on that gun) with No or Minimal tool usage. My Princess and Mercer are 2 pink, Yumi 2, Sasha 3. Toon lvls are 27, gear 30. I rarely use RoAr but do enjoy it on occasion. I can't think of a time that I ever used the DaR. Though to each, their own. Everyone has their own opinion and strategy.
    BigFellaSteve
  • BassreactorBassreactor Member Posts: 129
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,601
    Dresden said:
    For what it's worth, I have no real problems completing GW island 20, the Challenge and Nightmare Distance using either Tac Decimator, Lucky Decimator or Obliterator (only upgraded 2x, F piercing on that gun) with No or Minimal tool usage. My Princess and Mercer are 2 pink, Yumi 2, Sasha 3. Toon lvls are 27, gear 30. I rarely use RoAr but do enjoy it on occasion. I can't think of a time that I ever used the DaR. Though to each, their own. Everyone has their own opinion and strategy.

I used DAR on Caged Goods last week when the heavies came out. Worked great since all new spawn enemies coming from one side. Easy peesy. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalkerDresdenechonap