Negan best traits?

Negan is currently my only legendary hero and I want to make him as strong as possible. His default trait is retaliate, power strike, iron skin, and strong. 

Since he not a strong hero, should I bother re-rolling him? I am currently only SL 14. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 58
    Depends how you use him.  Most people use him as a Defender in Guild Wars or Outpost, in which case you want to have him set up defensively.  I would swap out power strike and strong for Lucky and one of Dodge/Bullet Dodge/Punish.
    If you want him as your main bruiser, where badges will count (the don't as a defender in Guild Wars or Outpost), you probably want to get rid of Iron Skin once you have good enough badges to get you to 80% Damage Reduction.  You also probably want to add Weakening instead of power strike or strong along with the others I traits mentioned above. 
    I'm not fond of making any Bruiser offensive, but some here have done so.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,234
    edited August 20
    You would be better off just waiting and saving your radios for the other bruisers. Negan did get an improved trait but Eugene and RGG are still better overall. There are 3 separate calls right now for hunters, shooters and assaults so I would suggest waiting for a bruiser version.

Once up to legendary you can use your reroll tokens on RGG and Eugene. Punish, weakening, perserverance, lucky and dodge are probably regarded as the best traits to go for. Then badging with as much damage reduction and health as you can, obviously bearing in mind the 80% cap.
    Chris7thLegionAngelspitCarl_Tyreese999
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,214
    edited August 20
    I agree with @WellyLuga don't waste your resources on Negan or any other hero that is not an end game hero.  Be patient and work on heroes that will make a long term difference.  Mercer, Sasha, Yumiko, Princess, Beta, Huntsman Daryl, Eugene, Ezekiel just to name a few.

Stalker20Chris7thLegion
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,640
    Some will put TDog ahead of Eugene nowadays. Both are good, one offensive, the other defensive. But RGG is #1. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • BassreactorBassreactor Member Posts: 129
    edited August 20
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Budges: 3 Damage Reduction 3 Health
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    2.Dodge or Health or Stun Resistance
    3.Gold Primed

Chris7thLegionDeathwish19
  • BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 460
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Some will put TDog ahead of Eugene nowadays. Both are good, one offensive, the other defensive. But RGG is #1. 

I’ve been using Walker Mike to get T-Dog charged a lot quicker. Activate Walker Mike straight away and send T-Dog into a group for a free bash. It means he’s pretty much guaranteed to be fully charged on his second turn, which is almost as good as RGG, right?
    ATLAS-ZAngelspit
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    3.Gold Primed

Or for Offensive…

1. Punish/Weakening/Luck
    2. Perseverance (possibly replace with Strong or Ruthless when Lucky/Weakening is high enough?)

3 x Damage, 3 x Critical Damage

Silver Ruthless
    Gold Hazard Suit
    Gold Primed

:D 

Deathwish19
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    3.Gold Primed

Or for Offensive…

1. Punish/Weakening/Luck
    2. Perseverance (possibly replace with Strong or Ruthless when Lucky/Weakening is high enough?)

Silver Ruthless
    Gold Hazard Suit
    Gold Primed

In my opinion Offensive Bruiser is useless Low Damage low Health no advantage.
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    3.Gold Primed

Or for Offensive…

1. Punish/Weakening/Luck

Silver Ruthless
    Gold Hazard Suit
    Gold Primed

I definitely haven’t cracked it yet with offensive bruisers, I’m still tinkering and learning how to build/use this style of hero, but I did 90% of this challenge with Tara, Offensive T-Dog and Ezekiel and I really think it’s a genuinely viable option 
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,234
    I've had my feet up in the retirement home for too long I think. It still blows my mind to hear the kids talking about these offensive bruisers :lol:
    BenjaminTATLAS-ZAngelspitCarl_Tyreese999
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,640
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    3.Gold Primed

Or for Offensive…

1. Punish/Weakening/Luck

Silver Ruthless
    Gold Hazard Suit
    Gold Primed

Until you factor in how many hits Tdog makes

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    BenjaminT
  • Chris7thLegionChris7thLegion Member Posts: 95
    WellyLuga said:
    You would be better off just waiting and saving your radios for the other bruisers. Negan did get an improved trait but Eugene and RGG are still better overall. There are 3 separate calls right now for hunters, shooters and assaults so I would suggest waiting for a bruiser version.

Once up to legendary you can use your reroll tokens on RGG and Eugene. Punish, weakening, perserverance, lucky and dodge are probably regarded as the best traits to go for. Then badging with as much damage reduction and health as you can, obviously bearing in mind the 80% cap.
    I have RGG, Eugene, and T-Dog but waiting till Craftsman 2 to unlock them. Currently Negan is currently stuck at legendary with no tokens used any further. 

Thank you!
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,256
    Negan and Morgan should be the last priority among bruisers. Morgan's time of fame is long gone :)

If you're using Negan for pvp (he's not much use anywhere else, compared to others), then you want "classic" bruiser traits on him:

For all other bruisers, you want Wkn instead of Retaliate to charge quickly and stun more effectively (on non-bodyshots):

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ATLAS-ZCarl_Tyreese999
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 119
    He did really well in Back Alley in the Challenge. He rocked it.
    BenjaminTAngelspitCarl_Tyreese999
    Negan and Morgan should be the last priority among bruisers. Morgan's time of fame is long gone :)

If you're using Negan for pvp (he's not much use anywhere else, compared to others), then you want "classic" bruiser traits on him:

For all other bruisers, you want Wkn instead of Retaliate to charge quickly and stun more effectively (on non-bodyshots):

Dodge over Perseverance for RGG?
    BigBob
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,256
    edited August 21
    Yes, with Punish and Wkng - he's charged pretty much every turn.

Besides, hitting 1 weakened walker gives you 2 chances to earn a charge point, when you re-inflict Wkng status.

Having both Wkng + Psv is overkill imo (especially on Scouts & Warriors).

Dodge+Lucky are essential for bruisers: Dodge gives you 3 separate rolls to dodge/reduce incoming dmg.
    Without Dodge (or HS) bruiser is not really a "bruiser".
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    ATLAS-Z said:
    1.Punish
    2.Weakening
    3.Dodge or Retaliate
    4.Perseverance or Lucky
    Armor:
    1.Gold Hazard Suit
    3.Gold Primed

Or for Offensive…

1. Punish/Weakening/Luck

Silver Ruthless
    Gold Hazard Suit
    Gold Primed

Until you factor in how many hits Tdog makes
    and after this many hits Tdog will be red