Intermediate questions about the game.

Chris7thLegionChris7thLegion Member Posts: 95
Hello friendly hunter and huntress, 

I have some intermediate questions about the game. Thank you in advance! Feel free to answer what you can, and any questions that are answered will be mark in bold so that others don't have to repeat the same answer. Will add more questions as I become stronger throughout the game. Same format as in bold. 

1. Which heroes should you spend re-roll tokens on since it comes in limited qualities? 
- Should I invest in Sasha or Yumiko? Or is it Mercer and Princess instead? Or some other heroes?
2. Which of these 2 out of 3 bruisers should I unlock? Eugene, RGG, and/or T-Dog. I want to be strong in PvP but also excel in PvE. I want the two bruisers to be in sync with one another. I want to face smash, especially in Guild Wars. While I win most battles, healing time is an annoyance. 
3. How does support work in this game exactly? What does Walker Mike do and how do you use him exactly?
- Should I buy the survival pass? Do I get the survival pass rewards on top of my regular rewards? Ex. 500 more Michonne tokens on top of 50 Michonne tokens from the regular reward?
4. What are the 3 best heroes for Last Stand mode?
5. What are the best heroes for hard and nightmare Distance mode?
6. What are the 3 best team (9 heroes) for Guild Wars PvP?
7. What does SMY excel at, and how much weaker is it compared to SPY. Should I use SMY for low level play?
8. Why is SPY or SMY not good for GW PvP?
9. Does max radio tent affect radio calls result?
10. Currently, my heroes are Daryl, Abraham, Rosita, Glenn, Tara, Yumiko, and Negan. I'm going to leave Abraham, Rosita, and Negan behind, while I just use Glenn as my farming hero, and not much else. I will move forward with Tara, Yumiko, and Daryl and need 3 to 4 other heroes to join them. I'm currently survivor level 16, which of these heroes below should I unlock? 

GCarol, Beth, Dwight, Eugene, Ezekiel, Hershel, Mercer, Michonne, Princess, Rick, Sasha, T-Dog, HDaryl, SRick, RGG, and Haggie.

Thank you!

MoMia

Comments

• SkywithinSkywithin Member Posts: 45
    edited September 1
    8:
    SPY/SMY are great at controlling large crowds but they are vulnerable against ranged opponents (especially PvP kind). Chances are pretty high someone will end up in the hospital. You can still use them but there are much better options e.g. Carol, Maggie + anyone else. Or RGG, Eugene, Maggie. 
    AngelspitChris7thLegion
    9:
    I haven't noticed better results from upgraded radio tent, however, called survives will have slightly higher level. On top of that you'll get free calls.

10:
    Tara and Daryl are pretty useless on higher levels (Darryl can be good at PvP actually). You can leave them behind too. I'd get everyone from SPMY + GCarrol & HilltopMaggie. Hunter Maggie is great for farming XP.
    5:
    SMY is great for nightmare distance but not for every single mission. If you have the right gear, babges and skills you can technically complete nightmare when your heroes are LVL 20 and above. Be prepared to fight walkers LVL 53 though ;)

1:
    For SPMY use offensive traits. For Princess/Mercer Sure Shot is also OK instead of Revenge.

• Chris7thLegionChris7thLegion Member Posts: 95
    Skywithin said:
    9:
    I haven't noticed better results from upgraded radio tent, however, called survives will have slightly higher level. On top of that you'll get free calls.

Don't you get free call regardless of which level your tent is?

Thank you so much for all of your answers and your time. I really appreciate it. I was busy with work and wasn't able to respond sooner.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,640
    Not the 3 star call

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Not the 3 star call
    Wait, you get 3 stars calls (15 radios) with better tent upgrade? Do you know which tent level that is?
  • NatsuDarkNatsuDark Member Posts: 69
    edited September 2
    Its from Radio Tent Level 12
    NatsuDark said:
    Its from Radio Tent Level 12
    No way!!! So, you are saying I would get one free 3 stars radio call (15 radios normally) every day if I upgrade my radio tent to level 12?
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,916
    @Chris7thLegion

not every day but it's pretty sweet
    BenjaminT
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,640
    edited September 2
    zbot said:
    @Chris7thLegion

I feel like it's 1 every 2 weeks? It's not a lot. But free is free?

I don't pay attention, I just left them accumulate and then use them once in awhile. It's best to save them for Survivor call or an all heroes call

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • NoiseratingNoiserating Member Posts: 185
    What is Survivor Call?? I think I've never seen that

ATLAS-Z said:
    zbot said:
    @Chris7thLegion

I don't pay attention, I just left them accumulate and then use them once in awhile. It's best to save them for Survivor call or an all heroes call

ATLAS-Z said:
    zbot said:
    @Chris7thLegion

Doesn't seem worth it then. I mean why do you guys upgrade your radio tent when heroes are all you use?
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,214
    There are times during upgrade that it is necessary to upgrade all buildings all the way to be able to upgrade the council.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,916
    It’s free calls 1, 5, 15 radios, you spam it for radio call events.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,201
    2. Which of these 2 out of 3 bruisers should I unlock? Eugene, RGG, and/or T-Dog. I want to be strong in PvP but also excel in PvE. I want the two bruisers to be in sync with one another. I want to face smash, especially in Guild Wars. While I win most battles, healing time is an annoyance. 

- Eugene is best for pvp thanks to his better ability to avoid critical hits and getting stunned.
    - Tdog is the best allrounder thanks to his extra punish attack, which makes it easier to get him charged (reroll Perseverance/Weakening on him)
    - RGG is only good for the challenge, where he covers the niche of being able to stun walkers right away, even when it's not charged bruisers week. It's good for a small part of maps, for example Escape Map or Building Blocks in this week's challenge. 

3. How does support work in this game exactly? What does Walker Mike do and how do you use him exactly?
    - Should I buy the survival pass? Do I get the survival pass rewards on top of my regular rewards? Ex. 500 more Michonne tokens on top of 50 Michonne tokens from the regular reward?

Supports work similarly to tools, i.e. they give a one-time/one-round boost. But unlike tools they are not limited in amount, and you can use each equipped support once every mission. In Last Stand the supports will recharge also inside the mission every 10 turns. It's easiest to try them out and get a feeling for how they work, and as mentioned, there is no downside to using them.

Walker Mike is like Gore, but unlike Gore you have full movement and it won't get cancelled even if you attack walkers.

Premium Survival Pass rewards will be in addition to the normal rewards, so yes, you get both. This season has good rewards as you get to unlock Walker Mike.

4. What are the 3 best heroes for Last Stand mode?

On normal mode SMY, but expert mode gives much more points, so if you have a decent amount of heroes expert mode will be the way to go. But the pool of heroes will vary from week to week.

In general, people will have Mercer, Ezekiel or Rosita in lead. You always want as assault with RAR to cripple the walkers, and a hunter or shooter to set walkers on fire. The third hero will then depend on availability and who you have as leader. Many will use a warrior with MS for its ability to stun and push.

6. What are the 3 best team (9 heroes) for Guild Wars PvP?

Heroes or survivors with revenge, retaliate, dodge and bullet dodge. Carl is always good. Remember that defender AI will never use charge attacks so anyone with traits relying on charge will be wasted. 

7. What does SMY excel at, and how much weaker is it compared to SPY. Should I use SMY for low level play?

Mercer kills much faster than SPY, while SPY tactics often rely of having the map full of walkers and making a tunnel through the crowd of stunned walkers. SMY is usually much faster. SMY in general is far superior to SPY in almost all situations.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Angelspit