New Walker Type

BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 505
edited October 2022 in Suggestions & Ideas
The recent uncovering of bullet-proof walkers impeding the Piercing trait got me thinking about an idea for another walker type. It might be fun to go up against walkers who are significantly resistant to fire. Not sure if it’d be more straight forward to have them reduce the likelihood of Incendiary activating (maybe 10% instead of 50%?), or reducing fire damage each turn (maybe 2% instead of 10%). They could even look like armoured walkers but dressed like firefighters. Maybe for extra fun all attacks against them could be non-bodyshots. So next to no fire, no crippling (with the exception of one or two weapons inflicting guaranteed Cripple with charge attacks) and no charge points for Sasha   :)
Noiserating

Comments

• NoiseratingNoiserating Member Posts: 190
    I vote for resistance to be set on fire. Once on fire, same damage
    BenjaminT
  • ZXerZXer Member Posts: 286
    I don't know why you need to tie fire with body shots.

The reverse of bullet proof is what we need. Perhaps walkers level 55 and above will always get built in body shots, maybe 50% or so.

Member of MavsOG
    MudMoccasin
  • BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 505
    ZXer said:
    I don't know why you need to tie fire with body shots.

The reverse of bullet proof is what we need. Perhaps walkers level 55 and above will always get built in body shots, maybe 50% or so.

Isn’t it obvious what’s happening here?
    No, not really, no.

Unless they change completely the whole mechanics, mixing up fire with bodyshots will make several maps (or even most) unsolvable. It's like 2 things happening at once: they are more resistant to fire, and then they are immune to cripple.
    Member of MavsOG
    It’s eliminating two of the stronger ranged strategies, meaning taking guns would be a disadvantage
    IF anything what they need to do is give fire to melee, not eliminating fire power for ranged.

Like Shian's idea of burning Lucille
    Member of MavsOG
    It’s okay to have different opinions  :)
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 199
    I like the idea of walkers that take twice as long to burn out.
    How about walkers that can’t be crippled/rooted/stunned but have guaranteed non body shots? Lots of potential for variety here.
    BenjaminT
    edited October 2022
    echonap said:
    I like the idea of walkers that take twice as long to burn out.
    How about walkers that can’t be crippled/rooted/stunned but have guaranteed non body shots? Lots of potential for variety here.
    Like zombie Negans??  :D

It might be cool if a status-immune walker first appeared on a map after a threat count. So melee means maybe you get one or two of them, but noisy guns means you get nine! And you’d really want to clear as much of the map as possible before having to deal with the status resistant spawn. They could have half the health of regular walkers and still probably be a problem  :)