New Obliterator: Game Changer or Dud?

Also, is it worth buying the Season Pass to get?

New Obliterator: Game Changer or Dud? 32 votes

Game Changer
31%
ATLAS-ZRikochetStalker20Carl_Tyreese999FuriousMoldovanJordanYukiShianDyAmondSkywithinBamster 10 votes
Dud
43%
euchidTheCrabtallinieThanosOfTitanTux77BilldingerEngAamiem4sDocGonzoNoiseratingZXerDoesNotMatterpawel1990salvatorega1 14 votes
Too Early To Tell
25%
BigBobBurmeliinisLoneWanderer360Sarge_DresdenliorsalmanroganrushrichSmiLeee_ 8 votes

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,764
    Game Changer
    Maybe not exactly "game changer" but very very good. 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,211
    I would be interested in seeing a picture of how the AOE actually looks.
  • BenjaminTBenjaminT Member Posts: 505
    Pretty sure silver Wide Spread means a 90° angle, right? Same angle as RAR but extra two tiles for range?

I’d pick this above all previous versions of Decimator/Obliterator, it’s looks to me like the best one so far. But not so much better than what’s come before it to really make THAT much difference if you already have a few. Silver Lucky, Gold Cripple, Gold Concussion would be the ultimate Obliterator, I reckon 
    Game Changer

Normal assault weapon without spread

Normal Obliterator without spread
    (yellow marks show normal asaault range) 

Normal Assault weapon with silver spread
    (yellow marks estimate +2 Obliterator range) 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    BenjaminTJordanYukiShadowWalkerDresdenAngelspitliorsalmanGovernatorPhalanx44Chris7thLegion
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,478
    It's good but it isn't $16 good to me because I definitely don't need another assault weapon. Add 400 reroll tokens to the brawl pass and I will purchase it 😆
    I don't now how you'll be able to finish the challenge without this. Or do level 50 maps in GW. I know I can't.
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalkerGovernators7eyeW8anniesprinkles
    Game Changer
    Cronus said:
    It's good but it isn't $16 good to me because I definitely don't need another assault weapon. Add 400 reroll tokens to the brawl pass and I will purchase it 😆
    I don't now how you'll be able to finish the challenge without this. Or do level 50 maps in GW. I know I can't.

For the same reason guy 1 makes due with one 9 mm handgun in his home and guy 2 has an armory full of assault rifles.

Personally i just have the 9 mm, but in game I'll take them ALL. Lol. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    Killdozer187_DresdenCronus
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 831
    Cronus said:

Fair play.
    I only do KAW and humans in guild wars but I can complete any level. /S

• Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 831
    @ATLAS-Z
    Well...we're pregnant! And I need $14.99 for the gender reveal party. 
    DresdenGovernatorAngelspitATLAS-ZCoolsebCronusRiotZappaanniesprinkles
  • ZXerZXer Member Posts: 286
    Dud
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Maybe not exactly "game changer" but very very good. 
    I can’t see this weapon being preferable to other alternatives in most situations.

For SPMY or PMY or PY tactics, it won’t beat vanilla decimator as the normal attack doesn’t mirror charged attack, therefore, won’t go through walls and metals.

as Mercer weapon, it lacks piercing.

in general, it lacks tactical. If you opt for tactical armor, you lose lucky from armor.
    Member of MavsOG
    GovernatorEngAamie
    Game Changer
    @Killdozer187_ well congrats on the baby Dozer!

Parenthood, where guys spend more time talking about gaming than they spend actually gaming. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    AngelspitDresdens7eyeW8
    Dud
    Why 400, need at least 500 LOL

But yeah agree on this one - nothing is even mildly tempting on this season pass. Should at least throw in the reroll tokens 
    Member of MavsOG
    Chris7thLegion
  • FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 2,301
    Game Changer
    I wouldn't call it a game changer but it's a very nice weapon.

Wide cone + Lucky makes it a better choice for Mercer & Princess on many maps, especially combined with Lucky+Primed armor ;)
    Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    GovernatorChris7thLegionATLAS-Zm4s
    edited October 2022
    Game Changer
    End of the Day, @Cronus makes the best point. There's nothing that we need.

If you like new toys that are useful (even if not precisely "necessary"), this is for you. 

If you are tight on cash (or have cash but you're cheap AF) and are content getting the job done with what you got, then this isn't for you.

If you're somewhere in the middle... Stop making others help you decide if you really need this weapon (or others in the future). I'll save you the trouble, Cronus is right, you don't need any of them. If you want it, pony up the cash and get it. Sometimes you don't need a reason. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    CronusGovernator
    Dud
    Arguably there's one you kinda need.

Walker Mike.

You could wait, but during the time you wait, you'd probably would be spending a few hours extra and a few more tools.

So, yes, sure, there is nothing that we absolutely need. After all it's just a game, and so far the devs are doing quite good job in balancing F2P and P2W. Besides the annoying bugs that is.

But there are some buys that are better than others ... Walker Mike is probably the best. Last week's lucky primed armor probably comes second, and would have been a close second to walker mike if not for the HazBull bugs.
    Member of MavsOG
    Governator
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 628
    Too Early To Tell
    I'm not buying it this month. Can't see it replacing ROAR or the toxic shotgun. 

The commonwealth armor tokens and Daryl skin don't make it worth it either. 
    Governatorpawel1990RiotZappa
  • DocGonzoDocGonzo Member Posts: 64
    Dud
    I voted dud...not because I see no value in the weapon itself. I don't need another assault weapon. This may be my 1st time to pass on the Pass.  But Truth be told. I will probably purchase for the gold and tools. The gun will just be bonus.. 
    Governator
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,730
    edited October 2022
    ATLAS-Z said:
    End of the Day, @Cronus makes the best point. There's nothing that we need.

If you like new toys that are useful (even if not precisely "necessary"), this is for you. 

If you are tight on cash (or have cash but you're cheap AF) and are content getting the job done with what you got, then this isn't for you.

If you're somewhere in the middle... Stop making others help you decide if you really need this weapon (or others in the future). I'll save you the trouble, Cronus is right, you don't need any of them. If you want it, pony up the cash and get it. Sometimes you don't need a reason. 

I have to take issue with the statement "Stop making others help you decide if you really need this weapon (or others in the future)."

Getting the perspective of others is what makes the Forum great. I want to encourage others to ask for advice. Otherwise this Forum loses some of its value as a community that helps each other. With your logic, Yelp, Google Reviews, Consumer Reports, etc. should never be used.  :| 
    AngelspitStalker20RiotZappaWellyLugaanniesprinkles
    edited October 2022
    Game Changer
    Fair enough @Governator but I hope you see whats frustration behind that statement?

The OP is asking Game changer or Dud. 

Perhaps a better question is, 

Do I need this, or can i do without it?

Because that seems to be the direction replies have gone. - my answer is, you can 100% do without it. 

But then I ask additional different questions, 

Will this weapon add another useful tool to my arsenal? If I have it, will I ever use it? When combined with all the other awards from the Season pass, am I getting decent bang for my buck?

My answer to each is... Yes.

So, is it a dud?
    - my answer is... No, Definitely not a dud.

So, is it a game changer?
    - my answer is, probably ALSO no... But it's closer to that than it is to being a "dud". And thus my vote accordingly. 

Our page :

Send me a PM
    Дмитрий5555CronusStalker20anniesprinkles
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 913
    I'd say that it needs either Crippling or Rooting in place of Wide Spread to be a Game Changer!!!  
    Or make the charged Grenade Launcher attack have Incendiary capabilities (analogous to Devil's Torch but more area and Concussion).

Now if you wanna hear my idea of a game changer for Assaults(since .308 has Incendiary rounds in real life), behold:

https://youtube.com/shorts/yTFCnd6jjWk?feature=share
    capibaraGovernatorBigBobs7eyeW8
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 7,153
    I'd say that it needs either Crippling or Rooting in place of Wide Spread to be a Game Changer!!!  
    Or make the charged Grenade Launcher attack have Incendiary capabilities (analogous to Devil's Torch but more area and Concussion).

Now if you wanna hear my idea of a game changer for Assaults(since .308 has Incendiary rounds in real life), behold:

https://youtube.com/shorts/yTFCnd6jjWk?feature=share

..yes.. but something like that will be sold standalone and not with allthe others stuff… they will release that first with crap traits in a Season event and then with best traits in the shop
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent - My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    MudMoccasinGovernatorBigBobanniesprinkles
    Dud
    ATLAS-Z said:

So, is it a game changer?
    - my answer is, probably ALSO no... But it's closer to that than it is to being a "dud". And thus my vote accordingly. 

Similar thoughts here, but on a scale, IMO it's like closer to the middle maybe slightly to the "dud" than "game changer", therefore my vote too. But the thinking is similar.
    Member of MavsOG
    Governator
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,221
    edited October 2022
    It’s neither a game changer, nor a dud, it’s just something different. Might be a map where this will be more useful than other weapons you have. Might make clearing a map quicker than another weapon. Just because something isn’t better than what we currently have doesn’t automatically make it a dud. 

Personally speaking it probably won’t get used to much because of its lack of piercing but that’s my personal preference. For someone who uses Sasha in lead it’s going to be a really useful weapon. 
    Governatoranniesprinkles
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,252
    Would people still rank the decimator higher then? I guess for someone who doesn't have either then it will be a game changer no doubt
    GovernatorBenjaminT
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 120
    Too Early To Tell
    With ROAR there is no other. But I do like shiny new toys. 😎
    GovernatorAngelspitanniesprinkles
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 913
    Hopefully the sound issue where the charged Grenade Launcher attack making machine gun noise will be rectified and it will sound like this!:

https://youtube.com/shorts/JtDx6w1Fsx8?feature=share
    JordanYukiGovernator
    Dud
    WellyLuga said:
    Would people still rank the decimator higher then? I guess for someone who doesn't have either then it will be a game changer no doubt
    The lucky decimator is still a must have at this moment. The one with tactical is even better, but I don't have it myself, the lethal-lucky one will do almost just as good. There are maps you simply can't complete without at least one lucky decimator.

The obliterator is never a substitute for the decimator. The piercing obli is an alternative weapon for Mercer; the lucky obli still can't replace lucky decimator. There may be some maps where lucky obli might be preferred to lucky decimator.

However there will be maps that you can do with lucky decimator that you can't do with the obli, while the reverse is not true: there are no maps you can do with the obli that you can't do with lucky decimator.
    Member of MavsOG
    GovernatorWellyLuga
    Dud
    So for someone who don't have either actually I'd do the following:

1. Buy the riot shield or mercer axe or both with $$$. If you have both, consider the interrupting lucky MS and tactical DCM instead.

2. From the gold you get from the weapon purchase, buy the lucky lethal decimator and the morning star on BM

Obli even the piercing one is just a niche weapon mostly for end gamer with at least LT 7-8 Mercer.
    Member of MavsOG
    GovernatorShezza10打不过就跑
  • Chris7thLegionChris7thLegion Member Posts: 95
    Man, this obliterator should have had incendiary for it charge attack. Its special functionality (SF) is the same as every other Obliterator. 

Governator