I learned this one the hard way

I was trying to manage my xp cap of 800k, and it seemed like gear was a safe place to store my xp points. They let me get up to 103 items in my inventory. I had no idea that ng would wipe 20+ items (experience points) from my account. I haven't spent the time to see what items I lost, but I've spent $15 real dollars on event packages in the last week, and I don't think this is fair.

If you scrap my gear, you have to give me the xp points. At least, warn me that this was going to happen....
[Deleted User]

Comments

• hoodlumhoodlum Member Posts: 12
    This has 18 views now. No one has a comment?
  • OnyxOnyx Member Posts: 19
    I got the same once..
    Accepted it and since then i scrap alot myself.
    [Deleted User]
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2016
    I was scrapping along the way because I needed the XP. Then I stopped because I needed to store my XP points like you did. Then I heard about the 140 limit. I agree it would be nice to have a warning. or to have it mentioned somewhere.

[Deleted User]
    Forum people like to say "its already bean posted. You should search". Or they view the comment or question and move on... with no response.
    Will a moderator please way in?
    bump
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    This happens all the time to me, always get the automatic scrap. I try to use it much in the same way as a bank. But I am pretty sure (would say 99.99% sure) that when it has happened to me the XPs are added. I am fairly high level so things getting dropped are in the 2500-5000 range for me. And after the last one there was a definite increase in XP. I am not sure when it happens, such as dropping one when you are at 141. It looked to me that I probably had a dozen things or more dropped which why I was able to confirm increase in XP. I am not sure what logic is used to drop things, people have indicated the "worst" items get dropped first. Not sure if a level 12 Legendary weapon upgraded to 15 gets dropped before a level 16 common weapon. I am guessing it would not. And there may be something also based on whether an item has been upgraded at all. I do not recall seeing a definite answer on how it is all done.

I keep a couple of one stars just for low level switching. Just dropped a ton of things for XPs to run upgrades myself
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    1) it does scrap your lowest items.

2) I'm 99% sure you get the XP.

3) You have to keep count yourself, there is no counter FYI so for now that's the only way to get a notice.

4) How did you seen how many views the thread has?
    FizzyPinot
    @hoodlum Pretty sure that bumping a thread 20 minutes later isn't going to get you anywhere. There isn't someone on watch here 24/7 especially on the weekend.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    The information about the 140 cap and automatic scrap is available in the Wiki. It has also been discussed in the forums. While I sympathize that you lost things, the information was available to you. Perhaps most players are viewing and not commenting because they just don't have anything to say. It is an intended part of the game. Managing inventory is each player's responsibility.

I hit 143 items in storage once. The little green number beside the gun icon tells you how many you have stored. I went through and scrapped about 30 of the lowest stuff to make room before I got hit with the auto-scrap.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    You are bumping something after 22 minutes?

So you think you should receive the XP. I don't. You have reached your cap so you lose them. Same as Tomatoes, XP & TG
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Interesting @thebluebox .. I thought the little green number was how many weapons/armor you can upgrade? No?
    Not that it matters lol
    I scrap everything I know I won't use ASAP & keep a few low level things so I can swap out :smile:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    atrainofficialPerdtinggbats
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I'm not a programmer , but I don't think it would be too hard to provide a graphic for us to know eg "138/140 item max" , manually having to count items is pretty lame
    [Deleted User]shakhid
    I have been keeping a series of lower level items in case I get a new survivor who needs them. But, as I go along, I realize that, for some classes, I won't need them because I won't I won't accept a survivor who is that low in that class.

As a player, I'm advanced enough to be picky. yay!
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Think about it. If you have maxed your XP, then everything except the stuff you haven't grown into can be upgraded. I usually have about 8 things my workshop cannot upgrade. The rest are banked. When I am ready to start burning the XP on upgrades, that changes. So, I start an upgrade on a survivor and an upgrade on that survivor's weapon/equipment. Then, I scrap some junk to bring my XP back up to a near max (leaving room for more XP from missions). If my little green number says I have 135 items in storage, then I actually have about 143 and need to scrap stuff. I don't let that little green number get over 130 now. The really cheap stuff gets scrapped immediately.
    ggbats
    So you think you should receive the XP. I don't. You have reached your cap so you lose them. Same as Tomatoes, XP & TG

I was trapped with upgrading character levels and equipment. The difference is, I knew about Tomatoes, and XP cap by clicking on my storage icons.

I did not know that there was a cap and I'd lose equipment/experience. It was taken from my account that I've spent real money on.. without warning.

edited March 2016
    rgerkman said:

Interesting @thebluebox .. I thought the little green number was how many weapons/armor you can upgrade? No?

Pretty sure it is, because the number changes as I increase XP regardless of whether I pick up something new or not. Same thing for the number next to the survivors. I find it generally annoying to see it while equipment or survivors are upgrading since the details of time/XP needed to upgrade are not available when looking for details while upgrades going on (more for equipment)
    ggbats
    hoodlum said:

When your reach your cap in either XP or supplies you should upgrade something, because otherwise playing is rather limited other than gathering Stars in the challenge. All XP and supplies otherwise gathered are lost. The equipment is a way to bank some for future use but is limited.
    ggbats
  • Only the devs would know why we even have a limit of 140 Why can't the limit be higher or here's something simple, give us a counter. I get tired of counting to see if I'm close even though I never have more than 90 pieces, still tired of counting them.
  • hottexashottexas Member Posts: 144
    It is a pain to count that inventory all the time when a counter seems so simple. A weapons check, however, has become part of my nightly routine. I am kind of a pack rat though, so it does help keep the clutter down.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Shut_Up said:

1) it does scrap your lowest items.

2) I'm 99% sure you get the XP.

3) You have to keep count yourself, there is no counter FYI so for now that's the only way to get a notice.

1) Yes, it scraps the lowest items.
    2) Yes, you get the XP from anything that is auto-scrapped.
    3) Yes, there is no counter at the moment, sorry about that.
    rgerkmanhottexasTheLostOneslmfgunnut
    @eetu

Which gets dropped first by whatever algorithm is being used? A rare (3*) initial level 14 piece of equipment upgraded to level 17 or a legendary (5*) that has not been upgraded at all?
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    I'm sorry, I don't know the specifics of the algorithm.
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    @Perdtin great question, as I would hate an automatic scrap on my upgraded items with the pennies you recieve.
    I imagine it goes by points. Just sort the items, remove the ones with the lowest point value. Anything else would take more calculations and time, both in coding and in making it happen. But that's just speculation.
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I'll speculate that auto-scrap uses the same ranking system already in place to display your gear. So when you look at a group of items, the game lists them from best to worst, starting in the top left corner, going across to the right, then down to the next row. Therefore, whatever items are in the last position would be deemed the "lowest".

Unfortunately, because our gear is spread out over classes and separated into armor & weapons, you would have to go through each page of your inventory to figure out what pieces would be candidates for auto-scrapping.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all of this. :/
    [Deleted User]
    eetu said:

I'm sorry, I don't know the specifics of the algorithm.

Thanks. I have been more cautious and dumping things. But I recall the first time it happened it was interesting to see what was chosen.
    ggbats said:

@Perdtin great question, as I would hate an automatic scrap on my upgraded items with the pennies you recieve.

I am upgrading less often. And I am close to hitting the wall. The prices and time for items with base Level 17 are really high, so I have actually started getting rid of those, other then the ones with very good traits and Epic or Legendary. I am actually working more on my level 16 Epic, seems to give more bang for the buck short term.
    ggbats
  • I would think it would go by scrap value, if a rare lvl 17 pistol is worth more than a lvl 14 epic pistol then goodbye epic pistol. Click on the trash can and you'll see the scrap price for each piece.
    Just my assumption.