Overwatch attacks not hitting multiple targets

blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
I've noticed with hunters, assaults, and warriors that overwatch attacks only hit one target now regardless of the mob density or distance in front of the character. I know this used to not be the case, and even one of the intro loading screens says something like "Hunters have a powerful overwatch attack that can hit multiple targets," so I'm thinking this is a bug?

Comments

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I have not noticed this phenomenon. I have noticed that if I have 2 hunters, they tend to shoot diagonally on overwatch even when they have a nice straight line to shoot down. like if 2 are side by side, they will cross lines rather than shoot straight ahead of them.

I have actually seen hunters do damage to multiples in overwatch just this evening. In Shut Them Out, I have had my hunters killing the incoming on overwatch to farm a little XP. I did notice that the first walker in line is killed while the ones behind it are grazed. Last time we saw this challenge, overwatch killed them all. Since there is no wave count, I just started mowing them down on my turn. Eventually, I had the shooter shut the gates.

Perhaps this is another tiny adjustment on missions like this to discourage the use of autoclickers? We can still farm it for a short while if we are physically present and controlling the game. If an autoclicker is employed, the walkers will reach the hunters and cause damage/death at some point since overwatch doesn't automatically kill the entire line.

Another theory has a minor spoiler (not episode specific but general show knowlege crossover stuff):

[Spoiler]Since the show has evolved to rely more on melee weapons and less on bullets when killing walkers, it could be a subtle balance change by the developers. So many people rely on all hunter teams that this could be a tiny nudge to include other classes like warriors or bruisers and mix teams up a bit. Look at the Slaughterhouse challenge. With all those armored walkers in small spaces, hunters were not the best choice for attacks. That aspect of the challenge was clearly design to parallel the trend in the show.[/Spoiler]
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    I like the theory... I haven't seen a multi-target hit from overwatch in maybe a week. I thought it was dumb luck but became aware of it and paid closer attention today to confirm not a single one. With some of the maps the walkers are swarming, and it's not really possible to hit just one. Could be like some of the other issues and specific to my device or something... Galaxy S5 by the way. Side additional observation, the targeting circle does not seem to be changing often when targeting one or multiple walkers, so I've been guessing if I'll hit all the walkers I'm intending (with a hunter).
  • luv2wanderluv2wander Member Posts: 70
    I noticed the same thing. My hunters are only taking out 1 zombie even though there is a whole line of them in front if him. He use to take out several of them but not anymore.
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Over watch is bugged. The fact if there is a zombie far away over watch triggers but since humans have their own turn by that point you have used your def nose.

Yes over watch does less damage but appears buggy. Never seen a warrior take on serveral walkers but the. They take them in as they approach not at end of a turn.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I have been getting multi shots all night on the deadly mission. I get them on the mission with the 3 trailers. If I can grab a screen and post it, I will.
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    I had a perfect example, but a screenshot is pointless without the action, 3 normal walkers were already in a straight line; let the hunter in line do an overwatch shot, the 2nd walker was the only one it hit, not even the 1st (closest), and the other two were unharmed.