Radio Tent?

HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 181
I would like some clarification on the radio tent, my understanding is that the level of your radio tent only determines the initial level of a survivor. But I have been reading all over the forum that the level of the radio tent determines the max level of a survivor. So which is it? Or is it both? @Teeceezy @eetu

Comments

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    it only states the maximum starting lvl of your survivers
    BUT
    keep in mind this simple rule
    commen start lvl +2 to max lvl
    uncommen start lvl +4 to max lvl
    rare start lvl +6 to max lvl
    epic start lvl +8 to max lvl
    legendary start lvl +10 to max lvl

so having a radio tent that gives you survivers starting lvl to a max of lvl 10 MIGHT yield you a 9-19 legendary, but only a 10-16 rare.

even so i have a radio tent lvl 8 with a maximum starting lvl of 16 and i got a legendary 6-16 shooter
    when i need a bit of xp i do 1 calls, usually giving me 16-18 commens that yield up to 7k xp
    when i'm unlucky i get a rare 12-18

Also the last weekend event did not report one single lvl 20 max lvl surviver......
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 181
    edited March 2016
    Is this just your theory? or do you know this is how it works? I am not trying be a jerk, I just want something definitive. I have read a LOT of "theories" on this forum. But really haven't heard it from someone in the "know". I have a level 7 Radio Tower, max initial level of 12 and I have never pulled a level 20 survivor.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    formula for survivor stat X/Y is this:
    Y = (2 x Rarity) + X
    where X is the initial level, and Y is the max level. Rarity is the number of stars.
    But right now Y seems to be capped at 19.. so the highest legendary you could get from radio call is a 9/19.

edited March 2016
    This still doesn't answer my question. My question is about the level of the Radio Tent, not about pulling a legendary. However, that does raise another question. I read on here all the time about people thinking if they upgrade the Radio Tent, that will give them a better chance of pulling higher level survivor.
    thanks for the input.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2016
    @Heisenberg

This is from the Wiki:

Radio Tent:
    Send a call out for more survivors here. Calls can be made with 1, 5, or 15 radios, with an increase in star value to the summoned survivor.The level of the radio tent determines the summoned survivor's starting level and their maximum level. When you summon survivors, the number of stars determine the number of levels you can upgrade your survivor, 2 levels for each star. The Radio Tent level is the only thing that effects survivor call min/max level.
    In the latest update 1.5 The maximum (Cap) lvl for a survivor (from a radio call) is 20, but the highest you can train one is 15. You can get survivor with a current (starting) lv higher than 15 in rescue missions.

http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Buildings

HTH (:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    That isn't totally accurate, you can train to level 17. Thanks for the link
    ggbats
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    There's more in the link.. I probably should've edited that last bit out lol & you're welcome
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    ggbats
    Yes the link is what I needed, this is what I was looking for
    rgerkman
    The main reason I ask is because in the game, when you go to upgrade it only shows max initial increase. So it was a little confusing.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783

I have a level 7 Radio Tower, max initial level of 12 and I have never pulled a level 20 survivor.

I have a max initial level of 16 on my radio tent. Have not pulled a max level over 19. (And I think two of those were when I had max initial level of 14 radio tent). I have not seen anyone mention a max level 20 being pulled yet on a radio call. The max initial level has gotten me some good initial level one radio calls for common, so no traits, but had 15 and 16 initial levels. So can get to 17 in less time and for less XP for higher level weapons. Good for when you need certain combos for quests, such as all bruiser, all warrior etc. More so since many missions have someone doing turns, such as opening gates. They can knock off some things and start the task. They are also probably the ones to get dumped on a deadly ;)

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    Fyi, the quest to use 3 of the same survivers does not pop up if you don't own at least 3. So why would i need a fast commen?
    I think I made a an error here, the image I saw was legendary equipment that someone had upgraded to level 20 and not a survivor. My error